Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I have my haircut short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I have my haircut short
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now and he admitted to me last night that he prefers girls with much shorter hair.When I asked him about cutting my hair he said yes.My hair is bra length now but he wants me to cut it quite short, pixie like.I've never had hair that short before so I am not sure.To make things even harder for me to agree is that he wants to cut it.Has anyone else had a thing like this happen to them, and if so how did you handle it.Every time I look in the mirror now I keep picturing myself with short hair. I want to go short sometime but I don't know if I'm ready for such a change yet.Do any other of you girls let their boyfriend cut their hair. If so what do you think about it.Christine G.
Sherri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
> I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now and> he admitted to me last night that he prefers girls> with much shorter hair.> When I asked him about cutting my hair he said yes.> My hair is bra length now but he wants me to cut it> quite short, pixie like.> I've never had hair that short before so I am not> sure.> To make things even harder for me to agree is that he> wants to cut it.> Has anyone else had a thing like this happen to them,> and if so how did you handle it.> Every time I look in the mirror now I keep picturing> myself with short hair. I want to go short sometime> but I don't know if I'm ready for such a change yet.> Do any other of you girls let their boyfriend cut> their hair. If so what do you think about it.> Christine G.Christine:I have been wearing my hair short for several years now and just recently started to let it grow, but have decided to go back to the "short hair look" again. When I had it cut several years ago it was my own decision. So many people teased me about having the same hairstyle for so long (a mid-length bob). Don't ever allow anyone (male or female) talk you into doing something you're not quite ready for or not sure it's something you want to do. You mentioned that he wants to be the one to cut your hair. Is he a stylist, or does he have experience? I would only allow someone with experience to cut my hair.If he really cares about you, he should understand that.Good luck!
Sherri
Horsefeathers View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsefeathers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
> I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now and> he admitted to me last night that he prefers girls> with much shorter hair.> When I asked him about cutting my hair he said yes.> My hair is bra length now but he wants me to cut it> quite short, pixie like.> I've never had hair that short before so I am not> sure.> To make things even harder for me to agree is that he> wants to cut it.> Has anyone else had a thing like this happen to them,> and if so how did you handle it.> Every time I look in the mirror now I keep picturing> myself with short hair. I want to go short sometime> but I don't know if I'm ready for such a change yet.> Do any other of you girls let their boyfriend cut> their hair. If so what do you think about it.> Christine G.
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
Your question struck me as being a bit disturbing. Why is he so intent on changing your appearance, and insisting on being the one that does so? That strikes me as being more of a power trip than merely a preference for short hair. Your hesitation sounds to me like you aren't very comfortable with the idea yourself.What else will he ask you to change in the future? Your clothes? Your makeup? Your behavior? Your studies? Your job? Your values?Keep your eyes open. I wish you the best however you decide.
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
I wouldn't let HIM cut it! :-) I once had a boyfriend who said he wished I would get a short haircut. I thought about it, but since short hair doesn't look that good on me, I passed. I'm glad I didn't do it, knowing that it didn't suit me. Try to get a "virtual haircut". Some salons have this service and you'll get to see what you'd look like in various styles and lengths without the committment.
anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
Christine, Jenny Hammond, Peta, Julie, Jodie and Sharon areone and the same.
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
Hi Carol,I'm totally with you!You go into a relationship as a partner, not a dress-up-doll for somebody else. OK, so listen to their opinion, but in the end it's down to you to choose your look.Long short or green, it's up to youI've started a flame war twice with this opinion, but I'm prepared to voice it again.andy
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
Bonjour -- I'm back from vacation!Why is that nearly every post from someone wanting to go from long to short (or talking about it) is immediately tagged a "troll"? Believe it or not, not everyone in the world wants long hair....It sounds to me like her boyfriend has a "fetish" for short hair and wants to play it out in real life. If Christine is totally game, why not? But Christine, if you're not, I'd proceed *very* carefully. You are the one who has to live with your hair, not him.Best wishes.
shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
> Christine, Jenny Hammond, Peta, Julie, Jodie and> Sharon are> one and the same.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
> Christine, Jenny Hammond, Peta, Julie, Jodie and> Sharon are> one and the same.Yes....based on the tracked IP addresses...this is the same person and it does appear to be a troll. This same address is linked to similar posts on other boards related to buzzed head fetishes.Thanks to horsefeathers for the tip off.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
I'll give you some comments about this from the perspective of a guy who shares this little fetish. I'll comment intermixed with Christine's original message:> I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now and> he admitted to me last night that he prefers girls> with much shorter hair.It takes a while to get up the courage to admit this. I was in my mid-20's before I *ever* admitted to a girlfriend about this fetish. Over time, I was able to tell them earlier in the relationship. I had been involved with my current lover for a week or so when I sprung it on her. We just celebrated our tenth anniversary. (Three kids, house in the 'burbs, the whole drill!)> When I asked him about cutting my hair he said yes.> My hair is bra length now but he wants me to cut it> quite short, pixie like.> I've never had hair that short before so I am not> sure.> To make things even harder for me to agree is that he> wants to cut it.> Has anyone else had a thing like this happen to them,> and if so how did you handle it.Yes, my wife had this happen to her. I cut her bra-length hair just above her shoulders when we were dating. A few weeks after our wedding, I cut her shoulder length hair in a short pixie. After child #1, her then bra length hair went to chin length.After child # 2 shoulder length back to pixie.Just a few months ago, bra length to just past shoulder length.In each case, she has gone the next day to a salon where she's never been (wearing a hat!) and gets it fixed.The only thing more nuts than letting me do it the first time was the three times after that!> Every time I look in the mirror now I keep picturing> myself with short hair. I want to go short sometime> but I don't know if I'm ready for such a change yet.If you don't know, you aren't ready. Period. When you are ready, it'll be obvious to you. It may be tomorrow, or it may never be.> Do any other of you girls let their boyfriend cut> their hair. If so what do you think about it.> Christine G.I don't know about your boyfriend, but my interest isn't in short hair anyway, it is in the transition. If and when you decide that you are ready, if you don't want him to do it, ask him what his second choice is. I have been begging for years for my wife to let me take her to a barber shop instead of a salon. No dice. She'll let *me* do it, but won't set foot in a barbershop. Maybe he'd enjoy that. Or a playacting scene... he takes you to a salon and you tell them that you lost a bet and have to get your hair cut however he wants it.Playacting, by the way, is good powerful fun. During intimate times, we will act out or tell each other stories, from very realistic ones to wild fantasies. (Imagine yourself in the Holo-deck from Star Trek, and go from there...) Since you can't get a radically different haircut every week, this can allow interaction on the subject on the years [;~)] where you don't get to live out any fantasies.My final $.02: I personally am obsessed with this, and have been for 25 years (what do you think I'm doing on a hair board anyway?). If you're going to have a relationship with him, he is going to think about it. Instead of letting him stew about it, talk about it together, and it will help you to understand his perspective. That will eventually tell you how much of this may be manipulation and how much of it may be something like my wife and I have experienced, where we have allowed this to be a very central aspect of our sexual relationship, but something that does not dominate our emotional bonds.Good luck!David
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:11pm
I've kinda had the same thing happen to me. I have been dating a guy for about nine months now and I have wanted pixie short hair for a long time and I mention it to him one day and he was so excited. He confessed to me that he thought short haired women were so confident and sexy and that made me feel pretty good, so after a sleepless night or to I did it and came with me and I can tell that he does in fact like my hair better this short way. He wasn't just being supportive he was honest too. But even before this he had cut my hair, just trimmed an inch off for me abd he did a really good job and I trust him, but it depends on the person I think and when it comes to doing something so life changing for a woman such as cut her hair off, I think some homework should be done so you end up with the perfect cut for you, so I would suggest to go to a stylist but bring your sweetheart along :) hope I helped some._erin
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:11pm
> I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now and> he admitted to me last night that he prefers girls> with much shorter hair.> When I asked him about cutting my hair he said yes.> My hair is bra length now but he wants me to cut it> quite short, pixie like.> I've never had hair that short before so I am not> sure.> To make things even harder for me to agree is that he> wants to cut it.> Has anyone else had a thing like this happen to them,> and if so how did you handle it.> Every time I look in the mirror now I keep picturing> myself with short hair. I want to go short sometime> but I don't know if I'm ready for such a change yet.> Do any other of you girls let their boyfriend cut> their hair. If so what do you think about it.> Christine G._____________Christine,Here is another view from a guy - though similar response.We have been married for 14 happy years. When I was dating my wife to be, she had waist length hair and was afraid to go to the barber (she trimmed it herself - 1/4"). I offered to do it and in stages started to go shorter. This was easier on her then a drastic change. I usually started with 2" at a time. I cut it about once a month - this eventually got it to chin length. To make a long story short (no pun intended) she now wears it in a short crop style, which I cut (we both find it exciting to do each others hair)She also does not want to go long again - she likes the look and ease of it. If you are hesitant, I would suggest going in stages. If you are a daring type, go for it! You have to try though, otherwise you may be missing something you would really enjoy! Good Luck to both of y'all.
Violet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:13pm
Don't do it!! Especially in one full sweep and definately don't let HIM do it.Why don't you tell him you like men with shaved chests or privates and see if he'll let you do it? That way you'll see where he stands when presented with a similar proposition.I seriously think you'd regret it. My husband is the EXACT opposite. He can tell when I trim an inch off of my butt-length hair. If we divorce, it'll be because I cut my hair. I love it too and it is much more versital. I used to have a boy cut when I was 16. It was much more work to keep styled -- dealing with curling irons, hair parting where it shouldn't, etc.Put your hair up for him as a compromise. It has the look without the commitment. Ask yourself how you would feel about it if you broke up two weeks later.
Nicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2003 at 10:30pm
Darling
You are being mind-controlled by a fetishist if you agree to this stunt
Really
Mr. Happy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2003 at 10:26am
And what's wrong with being mind-controlled by a fetishist? Mrs. Happy has been for years...

{It's a JOKE people, no flames please}

I remain,

Mr, Happy
...your local fetishist who only WISHES he could mind-control her! ;-)
jonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2003 at 12:04pm
As a man I also prefer short hair on women. Mostly bob styles although a cap cut, like Demi Moore had in "Ghost", looks good on the right woman. Several years ago my wife had her mid-back hair cut into a bob and has never gone back. We often have our hair cut at the same shop so I can watch. We both find it great foreplay; anything to add spice after 15 years of marriage. My advise is talk to him about his feelings. Men are often very guarded about these feelings if he does have a fetish you can bring him out of his shell. Who knows, you may prefer the easy care of short hair.
jonny
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by jonny jonny wrote:

As a man I also prefer short hair on women

As a man? Some men prefer long hair on women, you know

It's not like we couldn't have guessed that you're a man from your name or when you mentioned your wife.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 11:18pm
*laughs* Or maybe Jonny used to be a woman?
More awesome than a manatee!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2003 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

*laughs* Or maybe Jonny used to be a woman?

heh. Wonder how long he'd been married before his wife found out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic