Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Waxing Away - Poetically That Is - Well Sort Of
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waxing Away - Poetically That Is - Well Sort Of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:11pm
Hi Karen,I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnoses-but I do know several people (women) with the condition, and it is manageable, health-wise. I have to say that probably if you don't take the medicine, the hair problem would only get worse, since one of the problems with hypothyroidismis not getting the needed hormones to your hair to keep it on an even keel. Another medicine may help-someone on this thread said there is more than one type to treat this condition. Other than that, I think you should keep doing what your doing with the vitamins and oils. I don't know enough information to comment about the rest of your regime.It could very well possibly be that your hair needs time to grow while taking this medication for the positive effects of the balancing out of your system (from the meds) shows up positively on your hair. In other words, your hair that you have right now is showing what the hypothyroid condition has been doing to it, but now it will take time for the meds to show if they will be a positive force on your hair or not. I hope this helped some.Take care, and keep us all posted.Holly
Carmen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:11pm
I'm no expert on this, but it sounds to me like maybe your dosage needs to be adjusted. One of my friends had her thyroid removed a couple years ago (thyroid cancer, highly treatable) and has been on replacement medication since. I know she had to experiment for several months (under a doctor's supervision, of course) to figure out what dosage worked best for her body. The good news is that once they got her medication under control, all her other symptoms went away. Her hair looks great, too.
dc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
Take the medication.You will always have pictures that someone will have to measure up to :) And the memories of those who saw them.Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic