Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gender based pricing differences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gender based pricing differences
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
I just wondered how unfair people here think it is that women have to pay far much more for hair services than guys.Even taking a situation where a short haired woman going in for a trim compared to a longer haired guy having a re-style, the woman in general will pay more.How do the salons justify this - if they do at all. Maybe they don't need to bacause they know that women will put up with it. Or is it that guys will more likely go off and find a cheaper place than the ladies and be more fickle regarding loyalty to a particular stylist. Or are the ladies willing to pay more for the aesthetics of the salon.Just wondering.Paul
Victoria Gentry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Gentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:15pm
Hey,I thought gender based pricing was illegal in most states. There was a suit brought by a woman against a dry cleaner and it was my impression that it was interpeted as any service that is comparable.I never understood how anyone could justify a pricing structure based on gender. I offer a free touch up trim to my clients and that helps short hair clients to feel that they are getting full service value even if they do not blow style their hair.xo,V> I just wondered how unfair people here think it is> that women have to pay far much more for hair services> than guys.> Even taking a situation where a short haired woman> going in for a trim compared to a longer haired guy> having a re-style, the woman in general will pay more.> How do the salons justify this - if they do at all.> Maybe they don't need to bacause they know that women> will put up with it. Or is it that guys will more> likely go off and find a cheaper place than the ladies> and be more fickle regarding loyalty to a particular> stylist. Or are the ladies willing to pay more for the> aesthetics of the salon.> Just wondering.> PaulRelated Link:Vain Industrial Strength Beauty Products
Sabrina-Licensed Stylist View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabrina-Licensed Stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
> Hey,> I thought gender based pricing was illegal in most> states. There was a suit brought by a woman against a> dry cleaner and it was my impression that it was> interpeted as any service that is comparable.> I never understood how anyone could justify a pricing> structure based on gender. I offer a free touch up> trim to my clients and that helps short hair clients> to feel that they are getting full service value even> if they do not blow style their hair.> xo,> Vi work where it the same price not matter what the cut or the gender, only difference in price is if its an adult or kid. Most places will have a price diff in genders. Why? beause it 95% of the time takes much long to cut and style a woman. i cut a mans hair in 5 min, a woman about 20 min. we are charging for our time. we spend 5000 dollars and more! to learn to cut hair, hell yeah we are going to charge for our time. we are licensed hairstylist! time is also money to us. just like an automechanic, they are going to charge you more the longer your car is in their possesion or if there is more to do. now i know places that only charge according to lenght. so it the same for men and women.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic