Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was there someone in your life that has influence you with your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was there someone in your life that has influence you with your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was there someone in your life that has influence you with your hair?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:16pm
In my life I can easily remember my great grandmoher. She had hair down to her buttocks. She would always put it in a bun. She had a beautiful hair brush set, vanity and lots of beautiful hair jewelry.She influenced me in life. I want to be like my great mother for what she represented. She was victorian all the way and very lady like. Very strong character and belief. She was the very best in the way she would treat us kids with cookies etc.Has anyone in your life influence you with your hair that you are so determine to be like them in life?
Kim,the not-so-Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim,the not-so-Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:16pm
Hi Diane. Your great-grandmother sounds like a wonderful person who has had a profound influence on your life.My hair sentiments are fairly similar to those of my grandmother, who passed away when I was twelve. My mother used to compare me to her (actually still does): "You're a stubborn old Norwegian just like your grandmother!" I take it as a compliment. Grandma and both were both stubborn in refusing to cut our hair as we got older (well, I'm not older yet; I'm anticipating).Possibly a stronger influence than my grandmother (whose ideals I don't share much, just the stubbornness) would be a good friend of mine, who is in her mid thirties and has hip-length, henna-red hair. She is unconventional and artistic, and has never let the opinions of others force her to change her looks. Both of us love to make jewelry and read great books (I know a lot of "book people" with very long hair, for some reason), and both of us look forward to being wise old women with tons of long white hair.Interesting question!Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic