Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm II
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:16pm
I hope I can get peoples thoughts on this because I am torn inside. From a work, peer perspective if someone like myself who is in there upper 20' came to work with a new hair style that was "not the norm" like I want want which is a basic very short haircut with the top permed, would you think this person is weird, or that it would be no big deal. Again I have straight thick hair that is a layered bob just above my shoulders that I tuck back most of the time.Thanks for your imput
Kathy
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:16pm
You will obviously get different reactions from different folks depending on how much they notice this sort of thing. For example, since I ALWAYS notice hairstyles I would have a different perception from other folks who would probably just be aware that your hair was shorter.So, I'll go by what I would guess would be the reactions of those that WOULD actually notice. Being very honest, I would say that that the primary reaction would be one of surprise that you went from what would generally be considered a current, stylish cut to one that was more dated and "older" (i.e., age of the person typically seen wearing it).The flip side would be that if the stylist/salon to which you are going is more trendy than traditional, then you could probably achieve a version of the style that wouldn't make you look as though you were trapped in the mid-80s. However, if THAT is the actual look you want, then expect the reaction described above.At least that's my opinion,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:16pm
> You will obviously get different reactions from> different folks depending on how much they notice this> sort of thing. For example, since I ALWAYS notice> hairstyles I would have a different perception from> other folks who would probably just be aware that your> hair was shorter.> So, I'll go by what I would guess would be the> reactions of those that WOULD actually notice. Being> very honest, I would say that that the primary> reaction would be one of surprise that you went from> what would generally be considered a current, stylish> cut to one that was more dated and "older"> (i.e., age of the person typically seen wearing it).> The flip side would be that if the stylist/salon to> which you are going is more trendy than traditional,> then you could probably achieve a version of the style> that wouldn't make you look as though you were trapped> in the mid-80s. However, if THAT is the actual look> you want, then expect the reaction described above.> At least that's my opinion,> JerkyFleaAs a guy who notices such things I would think you had courage to try what you wanted and applaud your individuality. It is hair, have fun with it and make yourself happy. Those who care about you will think it is neat and who really cares what the others think anyway?my two cents worth,Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic