Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All this talk of hair and jobs...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Doesn't matter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doesn't matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All this talk of hair and jobs...
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
makes me very happy I work for a company that doesn't have a boxed "corporate" image of what professionals look like.I work for a research firm that prides itself on the diversity and differences of its staff, not how they look. I am under no pressures to look any more "professional" than I deem necessary to deal with clients & go to conferences to meet and learn from other professionals in my field. In other words, my company trusts my good judgement.While I have the floor - I want to ask -- how many of you have really had strangers come up and demand you cut your hair? or tell you your hair was somehow offensive?That you would even entertain such rudeness and ignorance astounds me! Walk away from people who have the gross crass ability to say such things to a stranger.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
> I ever had any professional company tell me to cut my hair. I have had a co-worker once that actually grab my hair and said I should have shoulder length hair because long hair is such a waste of hair!Actually for me long hair does the opposite. It normally draws positive reactions.I am very happy that you have the character to stand up to the crap.have a nice hair day.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
>> That you would even entertain such rudeness and> ignorance astounds me!At times our choices are very limited. It is fine to say that we are so strong on the internet but in reality the world is very diffirent. At times we have to tolorate others. Like I said once before there are some professional jobs that demands certain looks like the accounting profession which I am aware of in my country. I really don't think people entertain such rudeness and ignorance. It is just life. And in due respect I really respect a company that demands a professional look . I take them more seriously but yes every industry has its ideas. We do have the choice to work for a company or not. Personally I would choose to work for a company that would benefit my family and if that meant to cut my hair so be it and I wouldn't feel I lost anything by it because hair is not part of my character.
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:19pm
I have never had a total stranger ask me to cut my hair. In fact, total strangers are usually overheard saying something like, "whoa!", or "nice". It is the relatives or aquaintences that ask " Ever thought about cutting your hair?" I try to say in a polite way, " Yes, but it's not for me."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic