Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Modern" style haircuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Modern" style haircuts
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
I was browsing the web this afternoon, and in several long-to-short makeovers, it was often mentioned that the model now had a more "modern" short hairstyle.In your opinion, is short hair, in general, more "modern" than long hair?If we're talking about getting rid of those awful Farrah Fawcett "wings" from the 1970s, then I'd definitely concur! But I personally think the precise style, rather than length, determines its "timeline."What do you think?
Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> I was browsing the web this afternoon, and in several> long-to-short makeovers, it was often mentioned that> the model now had a more "modern" short> hairstyle.> In your opinion, is short hair, in general, more> "modern" than long hair?> If we're talking about getting rid of those awful> Farrah Fawcett "wings" from the 1970s, then> I'd definitely concur! But I personally think the> precise style, rather than length, determines its> "timeline."> What do you think?
Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
From Markshort hair is not a matter of time and place. Short hair ismodern if a man,thinks that his wife would look goodin short hair. A few ladies have the short fine hairthat makes look more modern. I think long hair on ladieswill come back after the year 2000, in the United States.Most men still consider long hair to be the ultimatemodern style haircut. Some men do like short hair ontheir wives. For some men,short hair on ladies canbe considered modern. Some men do consider short hairmodern for a while,but then short hair may get oldover a long period of time. A man wants a lady to haveshort hair,if she looks good with short hair,it is notbased on whether it is modern or old in a mans mind.Men and women ususally have different opionions onwhether short hair is modern. MEN IN THIS COUNTRYHAVE BEEN FORCED TO ACCEPT SHORT HAIR,ON A LADY, WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. Some men can find a ladywith short hair to portray a feminine identity.
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> From Mark> short hair is not a matter of time and place. Short> hair is> modern if a man,thinks that his wife would look good> in short hair. A few ladies have the short fine hair> that makes look more modern. I think long hair on> ladies> will come back after the year 2000, in the United> States.> Most men still consider long hair to be the ultimate> modern style haircut. Some men do like short hair on> their wives. For some men,short hair on ladies can> be considered modern. Some men do consider short hair> modern for a while,but then short hair may get old> over a long period of time. A man wants a lady to have> short hair,if she looks good with short hair,it is not> based on whether it is modern or old in a mans mind.> Men and women ususally have different opionions on> whether short hair is modern. MEN IN THIS COUNTRY> HAVE BEEN FORCED TO ACCEPT SHORT HAIR,ON A LADY,> WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. Some men can find a lady> with short hair to portray a feminine identity.--------I hope your prediction for long hair after the year 2000 is wrong!!! I am a guy and really enjoy short hair on ladies.No buzz cuts or things like that, just chin length and above. I agree that short hair is not modern or long hair is old.... the style has more to do with it. Though some styles of today are actually a copy of "older" styles.
Mark View Drop Down

>FROM MARKRiver RatHave you ever seen the Catwalk Salon. It seems thebigest enjoyment and the catwalk salon is to buzz aladies hair with clippers. For mant persons a lady withbuzzed haircut is still considered short hair.My question is a buzzed haircut still considered femmine?River Rat my e mail is listed above. Maybe you cansend a private e mail message,telling me what you likeabout short hair styles. I like at least chin lengthhair or longer hair,but I do NOT like shorter that chinlength hair.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
Hi Jena,Presumably the focus of your question (and the referenced descriptions)is the hair of females, the length of which has varied, by culture, throughouthistory. Modern is defined (http://www.m-w.com) as "1a: characteristicof the present or immediate past, 2: involving recent techniques or methods."The existence of long and short hair are both "characteristic of the presentor immediate past," and to some extent both long and short hair can becut or styled using "recent techniques/methods," though short hairstyleshave probably received more attention to techniques or methods than havelong hairstyles in recent years (any stylists wish to refute or corroboratethe validity of that statement?). So whether or not short hair/hairstylesare more "modern" than long hair/hairstyles is debateable.The real issue here is the use of the word to describe subject long-to-shortmakeovers. It's my belief that the shortened hair is described as being"modern" to impart feelings of anxiety among those have long hair who havenow "become" (by virtue of the words given) "dated," to encourage them (inthe event they were -- or are now -- vacillating) to resolve that anxietyvia a short haircut. In a nutshell.Dave (where has the past month gone?!)
David M Squires
Kim, the Not-so-Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, the Not-so-Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
Hi Jena. I don't really think short hair is more modern than long hair, or vice versa. I think maybe the association of "short" with "modern" dates back to the bobbed hairstyles of the twenties, when the liberated, flapper types were cutting their hair, and only staunch traditionalists kept theirs long. Thank goodness that's no longer the case.Sometimes it has seemed easier for people with short hair to keep up with the trends of the time, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Now there are trendy updos, hair accessories, and long haircuts, so it's easy to keep one's hair long and still keep up with the times.Good topic!Kim
Mark View Drop Down

>>from MarkYou should also think if a husband or boyfriend percieves a long or short hair style as being modern.IT IS THE HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND THAT ALSO HAS A THOUGHTOF WHETHER A WIVES OR GIRLFRIENDS HAIR STYLE IS MODERNOR NOT. A MAN DOES LOOK AT A LADIES HAIR STYLE,ANDMAKES A DECSION IF IT IS MODERN OR OLD.
Mike in TX View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
When I was in hair school (a long time ago) we were taught that there were basically three haircuts, one length, layered and tapered. That's all, everything else was just a variation on the above. I tend to agree.Styles tend to "come around" every once in a while. For example, the layered, messy tucked behind the ears thing is simply a version of the old "flip" style a' la Mary Tyler Moore from the Dick Van Dyke show. The basic cut is the same, the only difference is that it is not teased and laquered like it would have been back then (no I'm not that old).Modern, as it relates to hair, is "different from last year". I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But don't consider something "old fashioned" or "dated" just because the particular style has been worn for the last six months.This opinion applies to long and short styles, although my personal preference leans toward longer, rather than shorter, with significant exceptions.jusst my 2 cents,Mike> --------> I hope your prediction for long hair after the year> 2000 is wrong!!! I am a guy and really enjoy short> hair on ladies.> No buzz cuts or things like that, just chin length and> above. I agree that short hair is not modern or long> hair is old.... the style has more to do with it.> Though some styles of today are actually a copy of> "older" styles.
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> River Rat> Have you ever seen the Catwalk Salon. It seems the> bigest enjoyment and the catwalk salon is to buzz a> ladies hair with clippers. For mant persons a lady> with> buzzed haircut is still considered short hair.> My question is a buzzed haircut still considered> femmine?> River Rat my e mail is listed above. Maybe you can> send a private e mail message,telling me what you like> about short hair styles. I like at least chin length> hair or longer hair,but I do NOT like shorter that> chin> length hair.To MarkCheck out the philosophy of this site. It is not mine though I agree with him. His explanation is at the bottom -while you are at it check out some of the favorites - very cute! http://members.tripod.com/rokstedy/short.htmSorry, unable to do personal e-mail from this computer.
Mark View Drop Down

>From MARKI sent you an e-mail message to you and I did view yoursight and I did respond from your e-mail. On your listof favorite pictures,the following pictures are what Ithink are the best short hair cut pictures.BEST PICTURES I SELECTED FROM YOUR FAVORITESROW ONE FROM LEFT SIDE BEST PICTURES 1 AND 3 on ROW ONEROW TWO FROM LEFT SIDE BEST PICTURES 2,3,6,7 ON ROW TWO.Jocelyn hair is cut too short,in my opinion.Due to the record heat this past summer,there have beena large number of ladies,cutting their long hair,down toshort hair. Most men are forced to accept the short hair.A lot of ladies waist length hair was cut down to chin level all over,in the town,where I live. Men just realizethat a lady has a right to cut of her long hair hair off.You do have good skill in cutting a ladies hair.However other beauty shops,make mistakes on cuttinga ladies short hair,and it ends up shorter than a ladywants. Some beautcians do a poor job with short hair.Most ladies want variations in her styles from long toshort and sometime back to long. Most ladies do notstick to one hairstyle,and the cut to short hair offersa chance to change. If my lady friend wants cut her waistlength hair to chin length,she is free to do so. It iswhatever she wants for a hairstyle.Mark
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
I tend to agree that "modern" and "youthful," when used in this context, are buzzwords used to encourage women to part with their long hair. It makes little sense, since long hair on women has been common, if not prevalent, in practically /every/ historic period. Including this one.The only hairstyles I would call "modern" are those that are extremely trendy and new. It's not necessarily a good thing.Ally
Mark View Drop Down

>River ratI wish to present an personel evaluation of your picturesThe best short hair picture selected by me is shf.37very good short hair pictures are shf17.jpg good short styleshf21.jpg good short styleshf28.jpg good short styleshf29.jpg good short styleshf88.jpg good short styleshf83.jpg good short styleshf46.jpg good short styleshf66.jpg good short styleIn my opionionthe worst pictures areGH12.jpg looks like a man too close to the scalpshf12.jpg looks like a man too close to the scalpshf81,jpg definitely looks like a man,cut down to close tothe scalp.loss of female identity.Overall my opionion of most of your short hair styles isvery good. I talked with ten other men,who agree withthe short selections,that I made to you listed above.It seems after you cut a many ladies hair real short,theylose their female identity. There are many other men inmy town in agree,that women lose there identity withreal short hair. Most men do not like the buzzed andshaved ladies hair styles at Catwalk Hair Salon.Mark
BALD WOMAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BALD WOMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
FROM BALD WOMANA bald female head can be considered a modern hair style.I just finished two headshaves on two ladies,who areall around 21 years old. All three ladies had long,thick,heavy,blond,waist length hair. I told them that for theyear 2000,a freshly shaved bald head would be a goodexperience. Remember that bald female actress in StarTrek. JENA,you should consider shaving your head,totallybald. I am an old woman,who gave the two ladies,withwaist length hair,a nice sedative,to completely realx themThen I plugged in the barber clippers. I used no clipperattachments. I ran the baber clippers right down thecenter of both ladies heads right at the base of theirscalps. I made repeated sweeps thru there waist lengthhair with the barber clippers,at the base of their scalpuntil their heads were shaved completely bald. What a sightthick heavy hair falling all over the head right downto the floor. I am lady who loves to shave other ladiesheads. After the sedative wore off the two ladies lovetheir smooth white heads,and looked at the the waist lengthhair on the floor. BALD IS THE MOST MODERN HAIRSTYLE ALADY CAN HAVE JENA.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> FROM BALD WOMANIs this "BALD WOMAN" or "Mark?"> A bald female head can be considered a modern hair> style.A bald head is not a hairstyle, it is anti-hair.> I just finished two headshaves on two ladies,who are> all around 21 years old. All three ladies hadIs it two or three? Or are your fingers just trembling with so much haircut-fetish glee that your head has stopped thinking?> long,thick,> heavy,blond,waist length hair. I told them that for> the> year 2000,a freshly shaved bald head would be a good> experience.Is that a fact? I suppose the next bit of wisdom you'll be espousing is that for the year 2000 that it's a good experience to yank out one's fingernails because "they'll grow back..."> Remember that bald female actress in Star> Trek. JENA,you should consider shaving your> head,totally> bald.Jena isn't seeking advice.> I am an old woman,Are you an old woman or are you Mark?> who gave the two ladies,with> waist length hair,a nice sedative,to completely realx> themDrugging them so they will submit to your will. How considerate of you -- NOT.> Then I plugged in the barber clippers. I used no> clipper> attachments. I ran the baber clippers right down the> center of both ladies heads right at the base of their> scalps. I made repeated sweeps thru there waist length> hair with the barber clippers,at the base of their> scalp> until their heads were shaved completely bald.Have you blown your top yet, Mark?> What a sight> thick heavy hair falling all over the head right down> to the floor.Yeah, I'll bet you love to see the Brazilian rain forest burning, too, to get rid of those pesky trees...> I am ladyNo, you're actually Mark, a man with a severe haircutting-fetish willing to drug others to take advantage of them -- at least, in your story, which sounds sorta like a rape.> who loves to shave other ladies> heads. After the sedative wore off the two ladies love> their smooth white heads,and looked at the the waist> length hair on the floor.Ah yes, a supposedly "happy" ending to your sick little story.> BALD IS THE MOST MODERN HAIRSTYLE A> LADY CAN HAVE JENA.Ah yes, Mark a.k.a. "BALD WOMAN" is prepared to proclaim to know for certainty what constitutes "the most modern hairstyle..." and what you propose isn't even a hairstyle.Yawn... Dude, consult with a psychiatrist, you are in serious need of professional help.
David M Squires
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> I was browsing the web this afternoon, and in several> long-to-short makeovers, it was often mentioned that> the model now had a more "modern" short> hairstyle.> In your opinion, is short hair, in general, more> "modern" than long hair?In all of the discussion in this thread, I think that everyone has missed the idea that an updated haircut can be RELATIVELY modern for the invidual, rather than ABSOLUTELY modern in terms of what is "in vogue" in the overall fashion world.If a woman has long straight hair, then she obviously has had it that way for a few years, because that is how long it takes to grow long straight hair.So, if she updates her hair by getting an actual style, as opposed to just having long straight hair, the it is more modern RELATIVE to her.There is nothing more sad to me that someone who cannot let go of the past. (OK, death of a loved one is more sad, but I do just hate to see people wasting their potential by living in the past).Keeping the same hairstyle for years and years is sad in this way. I really hate to see an otherwise good-looking woman who just cannot let go of her old long hair, for whatever reason. Sad, very sad.I guess that it just comes from the same mistake that people make so often in life: they are just too scared to chage. They grow old ans ossified in their choices.Long hair is like this, often. Someone thinks "hey, I like long hair", and they make the mistake of thinking that "longer is always better, and more lenght is better always".So sad, so sad.I often see women who would look much better if they would just update their hair, just a little. I am not talking going radically short from below the waist....perhaps cutting it to just below the shoulders would make it so much better!After all, most people would say that "long hair" is about anything that is below shoulder length. But, down to a woman's tush is just a little too much (IMO)....it detracts from the woman's real beauty. It kind of indicates that the woman puts all her "stock in herself" into her hair.But hey, it is an person's right to choose. I just think a person who hangs onto the same old long hair for years and years is making a silly choice!Think of long hair as a canvas upon which a great work of art can be created. If you never paint the canvas (cut the hair) you miss the potential.And don't give me any of this bull about "hair accessories and braids and buns" for long hair....that is just more of the same old stuff. It would be like mounting the blank canvas in a succession of different frames....it is still just a blank canvas in a bunch of different frames!To update the hair, you have to cut some of it off (or perm or color it) so you have a different style.....So, a shorter (still long, just updated some, or colored, or permed) haircut is more modern RELATIVE to the individual.Zorak (wistfully dreaming of the unbounded future......)
jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
From JackThe Great Dave you need a psychologist to examine you.Dave you need to spend a week at the Catwalk Salonand you need to spend a month at the Progressive Club andthen you need to visit Shaver Dan. Slick Ed is out theretoo. Yankee Clipper is also out there. Dave all personsin this country are entitled to express their opionion.Freedom of Speech is entitled to Mark. You great Daveare making false allegations against him. Mark is a okayThe truth is Mr. Dave,there are manyladies that do want to shave each others heads. Back offon Mark,there is not anything wrong with him. There areother men out here,who do not want him used for a scapegoat. Look at the controversial Catwalk Salon,whatis it, Women shaving other womens long hair down to bald!!!! Women are more fascinated by shaving other womens heads.When the year 2000 does come,there will be more baldheaded ladies,other different men will tell you that.Catwalk Salon features a large number of bald women andis getting record hits. Some persons tried to shut downthe Catwalk Salon because women were shaving other womenbald so many times. You are inconsistent,great Dave.hair styles are a very controversial subjectJack. There is headshave event in Kansas City thisnext week end,where the women will shave other womenwith long hair down to bald,read about it,in the newspapers.> Frank
The best price for raw european human
hair!
http://hairseller.netfirms.com
Mark View Drop Down

>From MarkDaveYou get the record straight. I NEVER had anything to dowith those messages about bald heads. There are otherpersons who without permission,misused my e mail address.I am changing my e mail address to a private unlistede mail address. Unauthorized persons put out messageswithout my consent. I am NOT responsible for the erreneoususe of my e mail address and my name by other persons.> My e mail address has been changed because of this,to an unlisted e mail.Mark>>
The other Dawn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The other Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> In all of the discussion in this thread, I think that> everyone has missed the idea that an updated haircut> can be RELATIVELY modern for the invidual, rather than> ABSOLUTELY modern in terms of what is "in> vogue" in the overall fashion world.> If a woman has long straight hair, then she obviously> has had it that way for a few years, because that is> how long it takes to grow long straight hair.> So, if she updates her hair by getting an actual> style, as opposed to just having long straight hair,> the it is more modern RELATIVE to her.Are you saying long straight hair isn't an "actualstyle"? Isn't this a bit harsh? As far as the "moremodern" thing goes, perhaps in some cases women have hadshort hair their whole life and long hair is more modernrelative to them...works both ways!> There is nothing more sad to me that someone who> cannot let go of the past. (OK, death of a loved one> is more sad, but I do just hate to see people wasting> their potential by living in the past).> Keeping the same hairstyle for years and years is sad> in this way. I really hate to see an otherwise> good-looking woman who just cannot let go of her old> long hair, for whatever reason. Sad, very sad.Why is liking your hair long "living in the past"?Perhaps some women are simply too busy enjoying theirlong hair in the *present* to care about *your* opinionsabout how sad it is!> I guess that it just comes from the same mistake that> people make so often in life: they are just too scared> to chage. They grow old ans ossified in their choices.> Long hair is like this, often. Someone thinks> "hey, I like long hair", and they make the> mistake of thinking that "longer is always> better, and more lenght is better always".Sometimes this may be true. However, some women like longhair, and if it looks good on them and they are satisfiedw/ it, why cut it? Perhaps many women aren't afraid ofchange but are simply happy w/ what they have.> So sad, so sad.> I often see women who would look much better if they> would just update their hair, just a little. I am not> talking going radically short from below the> waist....perhaps cutting it to just below the> shoulders would make it so much better!I agree. I see many people who I think should head to thesalon for a good trim. However, on the other hand, I seea lot of women w/ short hair who I think would look muchbetter w/ long hair!> After all, most people would say that "long> hair" is about anything that is below shoulder> length. But, down to a woman's tush is just a little> too much (IMO)....it detracts from the woman's real> beauty. It kind of indicates that the woman puts all> her "stock in herself" into her hair.Huh? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Couldn'tbeing a slave to regular salon trims for a short haircut(needed more frequently than on long hair) be perceivedin this same matter? Long hair isn't necessarily highermaintainence than short hair! Since my hair went fromvery long to short this past year, I speak fromexperience! I think it really takes a special kind ofhair to pull off butt length hair in order for it to lookgood, but it can look great on the right person and notbe "too much".> But hey, it is an person's right to choose. I just> think a person who hangs onto the same old long hair> for years and years is making a silly choice!Is it any sillier than hanging on to the same shorthairdo for years? Long haired people aren't the only oneswho keep the same hairdos for years! Also, couldn't aperson who is *never* satisfied to keep the samehairstyle for more than a short period of time beperceived as equally silly? I get a kick out of peoplewho feel the need to try out a new color of hair everyother month!> Think of long hair as a canvas upon which a great work> of art can be created.Perhaps in some cases long hair *is* a great work of artin its own right! Not always-- but if it is thickhealthy, trimmed regularly to keep its shape, and fitsthe person's face and body type!> To update the hair, you have to cut some of it off (or> perm or color it) so you have a different style.....Wouldn't growing hair longer also qualify as "updating"by your definition? It is a change afterall thought notas immediate!DawnRelated Link:Dawn's Secret Garden
Dave View Drop Down

Welcome back Zorak,> In all of the discussion in this thread, I think that> everyone has missed the idea that an updated haircut> can be RELATIVELY modern for the invidual, rather than> ABSOLUTELY modern in terms of what is "in> vogue" in the overall fashion world.What I hear you saying is that there are a number of ways that the concept of "modern" can be applied. Yup.> If a woman has long straight hair, then she obviously> has had it that way for a few years, because that is> how long it takes to grow long straight hair.> So, if she updates her hair by getting an actual> style, as opposed to just having long straight hair,> the it is more modern RELATIVE to her.Your choice of words presumes that having long straight hair is indicative of not having a "style?" I beg to differ... long straight hair IS a style just as much as is any other choice.And when you say "long straight hair" are you excluding long curly* hair from your "style" assessment?> There is nothing more sad to me that someone who> cannot let go of the past. (OK, death of a loved one> is more sad, but I do just hate to see people wasting> their potential by living in the past).> Keeping the same hairstyle for years and years is sad> in this way. I really hate to see an otherwise> good-looking woman who just cannot let go of her old> long hair, for whatever reason. Sad, very sad.Then please do yourself (and these women, and me, and who knows who else) and direct your attention away from such women. Nobody wants to see you hurt yourself.> I guess that it just comes from the same mistake that> people make so often in life: they are just too scared> to chage. They grow old ans ossified in their choices.Quite honestly, I know (and know of) FAR more women who consistently keep their hair short through the years. Is your complaint here against long hair, or lack of desire to change, for if it is truly the latter, then certainly I would expect to hear you wishing that "all those short-haired women who never grow their hair long are 'scared to change' and ought to grow their hair long to please YOUR desire for change?" Have I accurately summed up your feelings here, Zorak?> Long hair is like this, often. Someone thinks> "hey, I like long hair", and they make the> mistake of thinking that "longer is always> better, and more lenght is better always".> So sad, so sad.Nobody said that Zorak has to appreciate other's choices for themselves. I can accept that others choose hairstyle/length choices which are inconsistent with my preferences. Why can't you?Besides, longer is better ;-)> I often see women who would look much better if they> would just update their hair, just a little. I am not> talking going radically short from below the> waist....perhaps cutting it to just below the> shoulders would make it so much better!Going from below the waist to just below the shoulders IS a radical change.I just don't understand this, Zorak. Where do you live that your eyes are so assaulted with long-haired women? I've been around these United States quite a bit and everywhere I go there is an abundance of women with short hair.I got an idea for you, Zorak. The next time you see a woman you like, and wish that she would "change" her hair (presumably, cut it shorter) that you just imagine that she had just cut her hair a lot shorter the day before. Would that satisfy your desire for HER to have changed?> After all, most people would say that "long> hair" is about anything that is below shoulder> length. But, down to a woman's tush is just a little> too much (IMO)....The definition of the length that constitutes "long" is subjective...> it detracts from the woman's real beauty.A woman whose hair is very long has enhanced her beauty by virtue of having very long hair (there are 2 sides to this coin, Zorak).> It kind of indicates that the woman puts all> her "stock in herself" into her hair.You have apparently failed to notice all of the other things that she does to enhanced her beauty. She would be disappointed to learn that you failed to see how ravishing she was despite her efforts...> But hey, it is an person's right to choose. I just> think a person who hangs onto the same old long hair> for years and years is making a silly choice!You are entitled to your opinion, and at the same time since you have expressed yours thusly, one *might* think the same of those who feel as you do (i.e. that your opinion is silly).> Think of long hair as a canvas upon which a great work> of art can be created. If you never paint the canvas> (cut the hair) you miss the potential.Think of long hair as a shining, gleaming, brilliant mirror. And think of those scissors that destroy it as a rock hurled at that mirror, thus destroying it.> And don't give me any of this bull about "hair> accessories and braids and buns" for long> hair....that is just more of the same old stuff. It> would be like mounting the blank canvas in a> succession of different frames....it is still just a> blank canvas in a bunch of different frames!And short hair is MORE versatile? Please... do tell how short hair imparts more styling versatility than long hair.> To update the hair, you have to cut some of it off (or> perm or color it) so you have a different style.....Perhaps your sense of creativity is not as extraordinary as you think?> So, a shorter (still long, just updated some, or> colored, or permed) haircut is more modern RELATIVE to> the individual.And so is the short head of hair, worn short for many years, which has been allowed to grow long. In the same context (and for the individual who takes that path), long hair is, for them, MORE modern.Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic