Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Modern" style haircuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> Dave> You get the record straight. I NEVER had anything to> do> with those messages about bald heads. There are other> persons who without permission,misused my e mail> address.> I am changing my e mail address to a private unlisted> e mail address. Unauthorized persons put out messages> without my consent. I am NOT responsible for the> erreneous> use of my e mail address and my name by other persons.> to an unlisted e mail.> MarkHey Mark/Jack/BALD WOMAN,You're full of it.You never posted your e-mail address under your "BALD WOMAN" and your "Jack" posts (Yes, I see you have been posting under all these names, being at least careful enough to only post your e-mail address under "Mark").Let's just say that I KNOW that you are all the same person.OK? I have it on good authority, too. It's a fact.I saw your Personals Ad to Imari and you professed to "love ladies with long hair." You also posted as "BALD WOMAN" describing in lurid detail your head-shaving fetish. I would be willing to bet that Imari would like to be warned of your fetish, as it is so wildly inconsistent with her wish of finding a man who appreciates her hair as it is, instead of being targeted by you for your fetish which would destroy that which she has and appreciates.
David M Squires
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> Dave> You get the record straight. I NEVER had anything to> do> with those messages about bald heads. There are other> persons who without permission,misused my e mail> address.> I am changing my e mail address to a private unlisted> e mail address. Unauthorized persons put out messages> without my consent. I am NOT responsible for the> erreneous> use of my e mail address and my name by other persons.> to an unlisted e mail.> MarkMark, Jack and Bald Woman all use the same ISP - conpoint.com located in Norfolk Nebraska. And sometimes they post from the same IP address, other times from different IP addresses in the same block.We at The Hair Boutique don't normally check out the posters to these boards as we trust our visitors to conduct themselves with a certain level of maturity. But occasionally we notice a trend and will check into the data a little further as in this case.So Mark, Jack, Bald Woman we know you are play a game here and we will continue to watch these talk boards and if you continue to play these games we will take appropriate actions.Jeffrey HinesThe Hair Boutique
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
> Yawn... Dude, consult with a psychiatrist, you are in> serious need of professional help.Dear Dave:I have a terrible time to think that you actually type all that.So what if bald woman or if the person is mark or whatever feels that bald hair is a style.I disagree with you that it is anti hair. For some reasons it might be but many others it is isn't. I have talk to some people who are bald and none of them came across as anti hair. They all had their reasons. Okay the bald topic is not one for this hair site but there is no reasons at all to totally knock down someone and tell them that they need professonal help.This person has their right to feel the way he/she does. I been gone for two weeks and when I read your message something really doesn't seat right with me. I find your message very cruel. Sorry that is how I see it. If I didn't know you I would think you feel threathened by someone that think bald is a style.Okay you will be pissed off with me but I see all this in a diffirent view point. NOthing to do with anyone personally.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
>> Okay Dave I see that you spotted someone posted as more than one . Just ignore him/her.So what if that person feel about bald. Ignore them. It is not worth the stress.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>Okay maybe you need to start you own web site as you seen to have lots to say about baldness. I don't have anything against it.
Deana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
Hi.I just have to say this about these "modern" haircuts. I feel "modern" should be "fad". The Farrah wings in the 1970's, a fad. The "Bob" haircut in the 1920's, a fad. This talk about bald?, I hope it stays in "bald"'s dreams! I have a great-aunt who constantly tells me my long hair is out of style, and wants me to cut it off. (I have learned over the years to ignore her.)To us long-haired ladies: Resist these "fads". There is one hairstyle that has endured through centuries, and it is ..LONG!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:20pm
You captured Diane's broken Candian-English and inability to spell perfectly! It was like she was actually typing that post! Now do me!Tongue firmly in cheek,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
> You captured Diane's broken Candian-English and> inability to spell perfectly! It was like she was> actually typing that post! Now do me!> Tongue firmly in cheek,> JerkyFleaOkay JerkyFlea when I am upset I totally think in French and quickly type in English. At least I am trying. My first language is French. I wasn't aware that spelling was so important to you JerkyFlea. Why are you attacking me JerkyFlea? That wasn't very nice.My point was that a person has the right to express their thoughts and yes I agree that the topic should be on another web site but the point that I was trying to make is that there is no reasons to knock down a person self esterm and tell them that they need professional help. My point is that Dave is normally a very nice caring guy that hardly knocks down anyone and this was out of character.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
> You captured Diane's broken Candian-English and> inability to spell perfectly! It was like she was> actually typing that post! Now do me!> Tongue firmly in cheek,> JerkyFleaWe have the power to improve ourselves and when we do we make the lives of everyone around us richer. We do not have the power to change another person. IN other words I am really trying in life and if you choose to knock down my spelling and it makes you feel so much better for it than all the power to you bud.Personally I choose not to be a jerk in life.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> You captured Diane's broken Candian-English and> inability to spell perfectly! It was like she was> actually typing that post! Now do me!> Tongue firmly in cheek,> JerkyFleaFor God sakes it is only hair and there is no reason in life to attack people personally. Other people's opinions do not affect ours.There is no reason at all on any web sites to attack self esterm or attack someone self confidence. How do you think you make me feel Jerky Flea? Did I deserve to have my self esterm attack? I didn't attack yours or anyone on any web site so why do you feel you have the power to do this? It only makes you look like a Jerk.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
Diane,Whoa! Sorry! Major misread on my part. I honestly thought it was Mark/Jack/whoever posting under your ID. It didn't really sound like you and the somewhat stilted sentence structure along with the frequent misspellings seemed very much like the style of the aforementioned troll poster. You must have just dashed the post off rather quickly to account for the stuff that I saw. I never meant to degrade you at all and was actually attempting to highlight that it WASN'T you with my post.My most sincere and humble apologies. I really don't know what to say.JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>Okay Jerky Flea I believe you because it is also out of your character to attack me like that. My feelings were hurt and I am sorry I called you a Jerk. YOur words hit me hard. I try very hard to improve my English and I was upset by Dave post and it was the very first time that I have confronted Dave on this board.My thoughts were rushing faster than I could type. YOu should hear me swear at times lol
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
Hello Diane,Welcome back from your vacation.I responded as I did to Mark/Jack/BaldWoman because he was not onlyname-morphing but also agenda/point-of-view morphing (post-to-post,and between HB discussion boards). Basically, the person was beingwildly inconsistent, and thus, dishonest, about both his name andhis viewpoints. On one hand, in response to a Personals board ad toa lady with very long hair he professed to love long hair, yet onthe other hand, on the Politics board he several times described, inlurid detail, the process of headshaving (and once described the useof sedatives on the "victims"). The good people who visit thesediscussion boards deserve to know the truth behind this one person'sposting behavior.> Okay the bald topic is not one for this hair siteExactly. And that's the other reason for my post. There are websites out there that cater to that topic. But this is the HAIRBoutique. It's FOR hair.Dave
David M Squires
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
That heading sounds like a children's book. Heh.Diane: Dave did the right thing when he turned a search light on the troll. This guy is blatantly abusing the board. He's not /really/ trying to call attention to a particular agenda, because that agenda keeps changing with his identities. Other participants deserve to know this.If you suddenly found out that Dave and JerkyFlea were the same person, wouldn't you feel betrayed?Also, I'm /sure/ JerkyFlea wasn't making fun of you. I know we all respect the fact that you're bilingual. I could never communicate in Spanish or Italian (my second and third languages) as well as you express yourself in English. You do a beautiful job and are always understood. However, it /is/ clear that it's not your first language, and slightly imperfect syntax is the hallmark of your posts. (To me it's charming and impressive.)When I first read that letter, I also thought someone ws impersonating you, because it came from out of the blue. It also seemed a lot rougher that your usual commentary. JF was actually coming to your defense.So please don't feel offended. I love your posts.Ally
Unregistered
Unregistered
>Hello Ally:I am really okay with Jerky flea and Dave.Dave explained it perfectly.Like I said you wouldn't want to hear me swear. I swear in both languages at the same time lolThank you for your kindness Ally.>
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:21pm
Hi There,> If a woman has long straight hair, then she obviously> has had it that way for a few years, because that is> how long it takes to grow long straight hair.> So, if she updates her hair by getting an actual> style, as opposed to just having long straight hair,> the it is more modern RELATIVE to her.I don't know about you, but I don't want to confine myself to one hair style by cutting my hair into a style. I love to try new and different braids. I couldn't do this if my hair were short or medium length (shoulder length.)> I often see women who would look much better if they> would just update their hair, just a little. I am not> talking going radically short from below the> waist....perhaps cutting it to just below the> shoulders would make it so much better!If I cut my hair to my shoulders, or even to just barely draping the shoulders, I wouldn't be able to do half the things that I can do with my hair now. I wouldn't have enough hair for a decent braid, braiding would become merely a way to get my hair out of the way instead of a deliberate style. I wouldn't have enough hair for a decent bun. Hair can look very nice in a bun if there is enough of it so that you can tuck the ends under to keep them from sticking out, and (imo) if there is enough of it so that the bun is more than just a little knob on your head. I also wouldn't have the distinctive look that I happen to like.> After all, most people would say that "long> hair" is about anything that is below shoulder> length. But, down to a woman's tush is just a little> too much (IMO)....it detracts from the woman's real> beauty. It kind of indicates that the woman puts all> her "stock in herself" into her hair.Actually, I spend less time in front of the mirror than my mother, who has short hair, or my little brother does. Long hair isn't as much trouble as most people think. It is certainly less trouble than a shoulder or chin length bob.> But hey, it is an person's right to choose. I just> think a person who hangs onto the same old long hair> for years and years is making a silly choice!I don't think so. Long hair is my distinguishing feature. I don't really want to have a hairstyle that is just like everyone else's. (Growing my hair out fits my personality more than dyeing it green would.)> Think of long hair as a canvas upon which a great work> of art can be created. If you never paint the canvas> (cut the hair) you miss the potential.I agree, except on that "cut the hair" part. You can style hair without cutting it and thus comitting yourself. What makes long hair so much fun is the way you can do so many things with it.> And don't give me any of this bull about "hair> accessories and braids and buns" for long> hair....that is just more of the same old stuff. It> would be like mounting the blank canvas in a> succession of different frames....it is still just a> blank canvas in a bunch of different frames!A bun is different looking enough from long hair worn down to qualify as a different style. So is a braid, a twist, a herringbone braid, etc...> To update the hair, you have to cut some of it off (or> perm or color it) so you have a different style.....What if I don't want to? People with your attitude just motivate me to grow my hair longer.Erika
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic