Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This message is a plead for peace. No witchhunt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This message is a plead for peace. No witchhunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This message is a plead for peace. No witchhunt
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:29pm
Do me a favor and forward that whole email to me. I refuse to be a victim for anyone. That person has no guts to come up to me and ask . I wanted to help others and this person supposely is questioning me .Well that person deserve to be exposed.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:29pm
Just for the record, I did indeed sympathize with Diane's story in another post, and I meant it. The misinterpretation was a combination of an email I received and my subsequent misreading of Diane's post. Here's the deal:Prior to even getting on the board this morning, I had an email in my box that was asking me for the explanation. Quoting from it, it said: "I have a question about Diane from Canada since she said to ask you if this was true or not (she wrote that anyone can ask you if this is true on the message board)".So, I hopped on the board and read Diane's post which contained the line "This story can easily be proved Jerky Flea." The person who sent me the email obviously inserted a "by" in there when reading it (i.e., "This story can easily be proved BY JerkyFlea) and, thus, assumed I had some background info on it. In my haste reading the post after reading the email, I also read a "by" that wasn't there. Hence my response to "This story can easily be proved BY JerkyFlea" of "I can?".Again, I want to point out that even though I misinterpreted the fact that I supposedly could back up Diane's story, at no time did I intentionally post anything that would indicate Diane's post was a falsehood. The only possibility that I can see is that my response of "I can?" was read as "IT can?"So, I think this is at least one argument that we can let go. On the upside, Diane, you have incontravertable evidence that I have misread one of your posts. =)Knowing that this nickname makes me a big target,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:29pm
> I can?Oh ya what a real jem you are . YOu sympathie for me on Jennifer Eve post and challenge now.You are not worth the pain I feel now.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:28pm
>>
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:28pm
>Go to hell Jerky Flea for not being there for me. All this for what? So that you can drag people through the mud for your own ego? I am not talking to you.I gave you a name to check and when you come back with your sorry you can easily stuff it up your nose. You have no guts. You ask me privately and then I find this shitty post . Go to hell. You are not a gentleman.I am the one that went through hell and I wasn't the only female.It wasn't easy to write it on the internet as in the back of my head others might try to harrass me but you instead of being there for me you challenge me .I am not guilthy. I was the victim. what exactly are you trying to prove? All this for your ego there Jerkyflea. you don't think that it is possible for women to be victim in a crime?Do you go to an accident scene and ask for the proof?Do you go to an rape victim and ask her proof?do you ever beleive anyone in life?I was victimize darm it! Go to hellMen like you give other men bad names in life.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:28pm
> Poor Jerky Flea often gets accuse of not reading messagecorrectly...Interesting point. I believe my misreading of posts was pointed out by you and...uh...well, just you. Odd, that.>...and I wish that his next reply would be a real sorry Diane to the one I wrote that is scary.I'm terribly sorry for your experience Diane and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm glad that you had the strength and fortitude to pursue this person and have then dealt with by the proper authorities.That said, I stand by my original post.JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:27pm
> It would have been more courageous to reply directly> to my post instead of placing it within one called> "Sorry Diane..." that I had not read, nor> intended to read. Had not yet another individual drawn> my attention to your response here, I would never have> read these words of yours directed to me.Courageous? Oh, please. But I will apologize for not addressing you directly.> As for "what I intended by 'pathetic' and what I> wrote," what I intended *was* what I wrote.> Anyhow, your argument is hollow. Just because others> didn't read my words carefully doesn't justify your> doing the same. Context still matters, and you> misrepresented me.Hollow? I think not. As I said, I'm sure I'm not the only one that interpreted that way and you are hiding behind semantics.JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:27pm
> About one year ago or so I was stalk by someone on the> internet that loves cutting long hair. I did my> researched and learned I wasn't the only one. This> story can easily be proved Jerky Flea.I can?Related Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
> Poor Jerky Flea often gets accuse of not reading message correctly and I wish that his next reply would be a real sorry Diane to the one I wrote that is scary.
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
> Oh, and Lady Godiva? I'm sure I'm not the only one> that didn't draw the fine line between what you> intended by "pathetic" and what you wrote.It would have been more courageous to reply directly to my post instead of placing it within one called "Sorry Diane..." that I had not read, nor intended to read. Had not yet another individual drawn my attention to your response here, I would never have read these words of yours directed to me.As for "what I intended by 'pathetic' and what I wrote," what I intended *was* what I wrote. Anyhow, your argument is hollow. Just because others didn't read my words carefully doesn't justify your doing the same. Context still matters, and you misrepresented me.Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
> Hello Jerky Flea:This is a very serious message that I am going to share with you and everyone that might have thought my actions were silly or I was taking this too seriously. I have given it a lot of thought and decided it was time to share this I am very much a fighter in life and won't step down for anyone that loves to harrass me etc.About one year ago or so I was stalk by someone on the internet that loves cutting long hair. I did my researched and learned I wasn't the only one. This story can easily be proved Jerky Flea. Believe me I can prove this.At the time I was a visible target because I was strong pro long hair person. YOu can go back to the archive and see all the messages that took place and see I am telling the truft. Since then I mellow down. Yes I am still a pro long hair lover but I do appreciate short hair also . Commen sense.This man took pleasure by sending me hate letters. He said he would love to get a hold of me, cut my hair , shave it , and took out my teeth etc.Okay I threathened this man and all of sudden I got a few phone calls . Yes and you wonder how this is done. Very easy everyone. If your phone number is not unlisted believe me it can be found on the internet including your address.Lucky me I have friends that are lawyers, judge and I know a few policemen so my letters were handed over to the law.Maybe some people don't like me on the internet and some love my character but noone can say that I am the keep that isn't a fighter.Yes JerkyFlea I am very much the type that will hunt down my stalker and throw that person in jail no matter where in this world. Lucky for him he back off in time.How many times I hear someone say that they found someone that collect ponytails. Or maybe you Jerky Flea even heard of the stories of long hair women walking down a street and a creap comes up and cuts their hair.YEs there are some real people out there that would love to distroy someone's long hair.NOw for the record I am not against Brian. I asked him a few questions and he didn't answer. I have invited him to the politic board as I found it to be a fair way and he hasn't shown up. I thought it was appropriate thing to do since we have been talking about his video.Yes I fly off the handle because my experiences and alerted my long hair buddies and in their thoughts they had many of the same concerns and some of them had diffirent concerns. Some of them don't express themselve very well and acted on their emotions but it is a real concern for some of us that have been harrassed.Now to answer Ally question. If the tape was about how to give a haircut well I wouldn't have reacted. My girlfriend could benefit from a video like that since she cuts her husband's hair and so do others.What alarmed me was it was a video of a long hair woman having her hair cut which feeds the needs of the hair cutting fetish which harrasses some of us long hair women.For all I know Brian got caught up on a lets make a sale and there is a market for it and noone will get hurt and Jenna needs $1,000 to go to the college etc.But the reality is it does feeds the needs of that crime.I wish all the best to Brian seriously and this will explain the reason why I was involved.at times I really wish this politic board would take the time to really ask the right question. It wasn't a long hair vs short hair. There were some real concerns.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>>
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
...I'm not going to do it.I was simply making an observation on how easy it is for people to stereotype a board or group of people based on a series of posts. Folks forget that whatever they post here, no matter how badly thought out or in the heat of the moment, is going to stay up here (unless it's outright offensive). Readers can have a very difficult time discerning when someone is less serious than they come across since there are no facial expressions in a post other than the ubiquitous smiley faces.> I am not please to have received two messsage from> Brians concerning this situation in the personal> section.Not sure why you became the lightning rod for the Brians, but that's not my fault. Especially since I (and I'm sure that I'm not the only one) that had no clue "bb" was also a Brian.> I am not please to see that JerkyFlea started> a thread that could only start a witch hunt per say .> This is not worth it.> This is not about short hair vs long hair.> I really don't understand the need for that kind of> thread only exposing people to be hurt.> I am asking Jerky flea to volunteering kill his thread> because it will be repeat of degrading messages and> very hurt feelings.Like I said, Diane, I'm not planning on joining hands and singing Kumbuyah on this one. I wasn't intending any sort of "witchhunt", I just wanted folks to be aware of the possible consequences of what they posted.Oh, and Lady Godiva? I'm sure I'm not the only one that didn't draw the fine line between what you intended by "pathetic" and what you wrote.> We would have never had any discussion of any type if> this Brian would have respected the web master wish of> no advertisement so I am asking is this worth it?Yes, but we can't undo the fact that he came by. Let's assume that someone else found the site and posted the link simply to show us what he or she considered a great makeover or a terrible haircut. The only difference would have been that those posting wouldn't have had the opportunity to respond to Brian directly.> Everyone has a right to their feelings about hair and> I really don't want to see any of my internet friends> get hurt in the process.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as Jena said, this IS a Hair Politics board. If you post an opinion, then you have to accept the consequences of what you wrote. If you don't want to do that, then don't post.Later,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
Exactly. This is a forum for /arguments/. That's why we seceded from The Original Hair Talk back in 1999! ;)I have to say that all this uproar over a guy daring to advertise on this site seems a little suspect. If Brian had been plugging, say, jewelled barrettes or Aveda products at half off, I doubt very much that people would be shouting their disapproval.This IS an appropriate subject, because it really concerns the long hair/short hair issue on the board. Brian got blasted for not being "one of us."We all love long hair. Some of us love it so much that we don't want to see it "adultered" in /any/ way. But Brian did nothing wrong (except be ignorant of Hair Boutique policy), and the furious response is cause for discussion.Ally
The other Dawn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The other Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
> Hey if you are looking for a neat book about braids I> have bought this neat one on the internet.> It is called hair a book of braiding and styles by> Anne Akers Johnson.> I found it very interesting and the instructions very> simple to follow.The book sounds good, but its going to be a LONG time before my hair is long enough to do anything very complicated-- I can barely french braid it as it is w/ the layers.....maybe someday! On a brighter note, THREE people this week commented that they noticed my hair was getting longer!DawnRelated Link:The Piano Bloopers Page
Unregistered
Unregistered
> I am hugging you Dawn. NO problem. My fears got carried away I guess. I didn't want to see any of my friends hurt in the process that is all.Hey if you are looking for a neat book about braids I have bought this neat one on the internet.It is called hair a book of braiding and styles by Anne Akers Johnson.I found it very interesting and the instructions very simple to follow.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> I am hugging you Dawn. NO problem. My fears got carried away I guess. I didn't want to see any of my friends hurt in the process that is all.Hey if you are looking for a neat book about braids I have bought this neat one on the internet.It is called hair a book of braiding and styles by Anne Akers Johnson.I found it very interesting and the instructions very simple to follow.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The other Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:24pm
I'm sorry if my last message sounded a bit harsh and directed at you, Diane. When I re-read it, I realized it came across differently than I intended. I hope you'll forgive me if that is the case!Dawn 8-)> Diane,> I don't think anyone is THAT hurt over the last> thread. If the content of a message board bothers you,> maybe you are taking it far too seriously. IT'S ONLY> HAIR! This is a *hair politics* board-- people aren't> always going to agree w/ you and may have some> controversial opinions. Maybe some people enjoy seeing> long hair chopped off....oh well! If you don't like> it, that's your perogative! Couldn't someone also say> that looking at long haired pictures at this site or> others could indicate ANOTHER type of fetish??? It> works both ways, Diane, and just because you are> female doesn't mean that you are exempt from a closet> fetish of your own! I'm not accusing you of this, I'm> simply pointing out the fact that people could think> this.... so why don't we lighten up and give Brian a> break....he's not the only one w/ a fetish who posts> of Hair Boutique message boards! This is POLITICS, and> politics and peace do not always go together!> Dawn> (happy because her hair is FINALLY long enough to> french braid!)Related Link:The Piano Bloopers Page
Unregistered
Unregistered
>I agree it is only hair and I often say that Dawn.>> (happy because her hair is FINALLY long enough to> french braid!)I am very happy for you that your hair is finally long enough to french braid. I bought a book recently and it contains a lot of diffirent kinds of braid. I found it very interesting and helpful.have a nice hair day the other Dawn
Unregistered
Unregistered
Diane,I don't think anyone is THAT hurt over the last thread. If the content of a message board bothers you, maybe you are taking it far too seriously. IT'S ONLY HAIR! This is a *hair politics* board-- people aren't always going to agree w/ you and may have some controversial opinions. Maybe some people enjoy seeing long hair chopped off....oh well! If you don't like it, that's your perogative! Couldn't someone also say that looking at long haired pictures at this site or others could indicate ANOTHER type of fetish??? It works both ways, Diane, and just because you are female doesn't mean that you are exempt from a closet fetish of your own! I'm not accusing you of this, I'm simply pointing out the fact that people could think this.... so why don't we lighten up and give Brian a break....he's not the only one w/ a fetish who posts of Hair Boutique message boards! This is POLITICS, and politics and peace do not always go together!Dawn(happy because her hair is FINALLY long enough to french braid!)Related Link:The Piano Bloopers Page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic