Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair and teachers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair and teachers
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:34pm
I read all the posts below. On most campuses I've attended or visited, people seem to express their individual styles in many ways. This includes students and staff.Yes, I believe the way you dress can "set a tone" and make a good first impression.I am a junior high Science teacher. I always wear a white shirt and a tie to school. But I do have longer than average hair for a male teacher.I had very short hair the first five years. Again, I believe in first impressions. Once I gained respect as a teacher in the system, I grew my hair longer.IMHO, hair is not an issue at all on the college level (especially for a female).
Tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:34pm
Click on post response instead of new message. Keep the flame baby.
Nick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:35pm
No mistake. I clicked exactly where I wanted. Thanks for the unsolicited help, though.The Net... freedom to click.Have a great weekend!> Click on post response instead of new message. Keep> the flame baby.
Alex (LEGAL ADVISOR} View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex (LEGAL ADVISOR} Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:36pm
> Some ladies are signing written prenuptial agreementsagreeing to have thier hair long throughout theirmarriage. Many men are using prenuptial agreements,inwhich a lady signs a statement,agreeing to grow and maintain long hair thru out the marriage. When a futurebride signs and agreement to agree to grow long hair asrequested by the husband,she is signing an enforceableagreement. Falure to comply by wive,to grow long hair,can result in a pettetion for divorce,if the prenuptialagreement is not honored by the lady. There are many menusing written contracts to have ladies sign,before gettingmarried,which requires ladies to agree to long hair,inthe prenuptial agreement.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:36pm
>>
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:36pm
One problem: What if the woman becomes ill and her hair falls out?Or worse yet...as she grows older, her opinion simply changes and she wants to try a shorter hairstyle!Mark, you really need a non-hair related hobby.......
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:37pm
> One problem: What if the woman becomes ill and her> hair falls out?> Or worse yet...as she grows older, her opinion simply> changes and she wants to try a shorter hairstyle!> Mark, you really need a non-hair related hobby.......Jena, If that board doesnt have Mark written all over it ,I dont know what Does!! Your reply says it all! Lisa
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:39pm
In addition, it could really work out in the woman's favor - if she's tired of the guy and she wants out, all she need do is cut her hair off - instant divorce! >;-)> One problem: What if the woman becomes ill and her> hair falls out?> Or worse yet...as she grows older, her opinion simply> changes and she wants to try a shorter hairstyle!> Mark, you really need a non-hair related hobby.......
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:46pm
> agreeing to have thier hair long throughout their> marriage. Many men are using prenuptial agreements,in> which a lady signs a statement,agreeing to grow and> maintain long hair thru out the marriage. When a> future> bride signs and agreement to agree to grow long hair> as> requested by the husband,she is signing an enforceable> agreement. Falure to comply by wive,to grow long hair,> can result in a pettetion for divorce,if the> prenuptial> agreement is not honored by the lady. There are many> men> using written contracts to have ladies sign,before> getting> married,which requires ladies to agree to long hair,in> the prenuptial agreement.I am a lawyer, and it is true that those contracts for long hair are enforceable, as they should be.My wife very happily signed such an agreement with me, and she is living up to the letter of it. She is happy to do so. And by the way, she is 51, and wears the world's best blonde french twist!!DAVID JUSTIN LYNCH, Esquire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic