Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you, May I have another?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Network Nerd View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Network Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you, May I have another?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:34pm
Hey, Network Nerd, agian. I read the varied messages on here, an decided there is a wealth of knowlage that a computer nerd can gain here. Allow me to ask another question, if I may? If my Love finds out about her friends, she will come to me, after they go home. Her ego will probably be in the "bit bucket". If this happens, what options would she have, if she wanted to change something? She is 41 yrs. old, a very nice, caring, conservative type, that don't change things often.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:35pm
> Hey, Network Nerd, agian. I read the varied messages> on here, an decided there is a wealth of knowlage that> a computer nerd can gain here. Allow me to ask another> question, if I may? If my Love finds out about her> friends, she will come to me, after they go home. Her> ego will probably be in the "bit bucket". If> this happens, what options would she have, if she> wanted to change something? She is 41 yrs. old, a very> nice, caring, conservative type, that don't change> things often.The key here is to be supportive and only make suggestions if she asks for them. Offering advice otherwise would probably be interpreted that you had been thinking same thing her friends have all along and were just looking for an opportunity to spring it on her. Which is obviously not the case. The end result may very well be that, with your support, she tells her friends to MYOB.So, assuming she wants to do anything about it at all, there are a couple of roads you can go down:Cut: Usually when a woman starts to go gray with long hair, there is a point in the hair wher it starts to become more obvious. Of course, there will be a gradual change, and it's entirely possible that isn't the case. If there is such a point, that would be the approximate length you would want to cut it to, assuming that doesn't remove too much length. If there isn't a point like that, you would just need to judge the point where the gray becomes more uniform compared to the crown and cut there. Again, with the caveat that it doesn't take off too much length. If it would, you could move on to...Color: Since you indicated that she has naturally black hair, coloring it all black again becomes iffy, since, as you said, her friends that do it have "fake" looking hair. A better alternative may be highlighting, putting some dark and medium brown streaks in. Nothing too far from her original color, so that you keep a natural look. The end result would be that the gray wouldn't be quite as noticeble and will even be partially (if not significantly) eliminated by the highlighting. You may still have a bit of a problem with there being a visible difference in color between the crown and the ends, so she may wish to do...Cut and Color: Which would simply be a combination of the two approaches above. This may give you the best overall results.Again, all of this comes with the big caveat that she wants to do something in the first place. Make sure you don't just start tossing this stuff out and even if she asks for ideas, be subtle. It probably wouldn't be good if she knew you had been asking for detailed help on this before she even thought it was an issue. :)Hope that helps,JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Network Nerd View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Network Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:35pm
> The key here is to be supportive and only make> suggestions if she asks for them . Offering advice> otherwise would probably be interpreted that you had> been thinking same thing her friends have all along> and were just looking for an opportunity to spring it> on her. Which is obviously not the case. The end> result may very well be that, with your support, she> tells her friends to MYOB.This is exactly what I intend to do at this point> So, assuming she wants to do anything about it at all,> there are a couple of roads you can go down:> Cut: Usually when a woman starts to go gray with> long hair, there is a point in the hair wher it starts> to become more obvious. Of course, there will be a> gradual change, and it's entirely possible that isn't> the case.Here I might add that you are correct in the gradual greying. But over the entire length, the difference is noticable, if attention is brought to it. I don't intend to bring it up if I don't have to.> Color: Since you indicated that she has naturally> black hair, coloring it all black again becomes iffy,> since, as you said, her friends that do it have> "fake" looking hair.The thought of the deep black hair does put me in the mood for a third honeymoon, though.A better alternative> may be highlighting, putting some dark and medium> brown streaks in. Nothing too far from her original> color, so that you keep a natural look. The end result> would be that the gray wouldn't be quite as noticeble> and will even be partially (if not significantly)> eliminated by the highlighting. You may still have a> bit of a problem with there being a visible difference> in color between the crown and the ends, so she may> wish to do...> Cut and Color: Which would simply be a combination> of the two approaches above. This may give you the> best overall results.> Again, all of this comes with the big caveat that she> wants to do something in the first place. Make sure> you don't just start tossing this stuff out and even> if she asks for ideas, be subtle. It probably wouldn't> be good if she knew you had been asking for detailed> help on this before she even thought it was an issue.> :)> Hope that helps,> JFI'll try to memorize the rest, in case she asks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic