Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

elected official-tired of hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nancy Jacobs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Jacobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: elected official-tired of hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:39pm
HELP! I am really tired of trying to make my hair look like it has body when it doesn't. It takes forever and I don't have forever. I am a very busy state senator who needs a hair change. Some people are advising against changing my style - constituents are used to seeing me this way etc etc. I can't get wild.My hair is very flat and very straight - no body whatsoever. I'm tall - 6ft and I have a long face. I am 48 years old - hair is blonde - medium length. If you are curious as to my current style, I have a picture of myself on my web page at: http://www.nancyjacobs.comIf anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions I'd love hearing them. Guess I'm a little parnoid about changing since the "political" types are saying not to. But because my hair is so straight and without body, I have to take way too long in the mornings to get ready. I'm constantly getting my picture taken, so I don't want to get too much of a "messy" look. Any help would be appreciated.Please email me.Thanks! NancyRelated Link:State Senator Nancy Jacobs
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:39pm
>> I really like your hairstyle. It is very flattering for you.I guess you must have tried a light body perm.
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
> HELP! I am really tired of trying to make my hair look> like it has body when it doesn't. It takes forever and> I don't have forever. I am a very busy state senator> who needs a hair change. Some people are advising> against changing my style - constituents are used to> seeing me this way etc etc. I can't get wild.> My hair is very flat and very straight - no body> whatsoever. I'm tall - 6ft and I have a long face. I> am 48 years old - hair is blonde - medium length. If> you are curious as to my current style, I have a> picture of myself on my web page at:> http://www.nancyjacobs.com> If anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions I'd> love hearing them. Guess I'm a little parnoid about> changing since the "political" types are> saying not to. But because my hair is so straight and> without body, I have to take way too long in the> mornings to get ready. I'm constantly getting my> picture taken, so I don't want to get too much of a> "messy" look. Any help would be appreciated.> Please email me.> Thanks! Nancy---------------I don't think your hair looks bad either. But if you have to take a long time getting ready (and you don't want to) then I think it is time for a change. I think a tuck - behind - the ears style with a shorter graduated back would look nice and is easy to take care of. Hard to tell but it looks like your top needs to be blended into the rest of your hair better. Looks like (from the picture) that the top is short and the sides are lon, almost like two separate hairstyles. A chin length bob might work also, though you would have to grow out some of the shorter layers. Good Luck and change your picture if you get your hair cut - tell us about it.
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
> HELP! I am really tired of trying to make my hair look> like it has body when it doesn't. It takes forever and> I don't have forever. I am a very busy state senator> who needs a hair change. Some people are advising> against changing my style - constituents are used to> seeing me this way etc etc. I can't get wild.> My hair is very flat and very straight - no body> whatsoever. I'm tall - 6ft and I have a long face. I> am 48 years old - hair is blonde - medium length. If> you are curious as to my current style, I have a> picture of myself on my web page at:> http://www.nancyjacobs.com> If anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions I'd> love hearing them. Guess I'm a little parnoid about> changing since the "political" types are> saying not to. But because my hair is so straight and> without body, I have to take way too long in the> mornings to get ready. I'm constantly getting my> picture taken, so I don't want to get too much of a> "messy" look. Any help would be appreciated.> Please email me.> Thanks! Nancy
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
Nancy, you can go to the http://clairol.com site to get a look at yourself in different hairstyles. I pulled your picture from your web page, and took it to this site. I was surprised by the findings. You look better in a light color: blonde, light brown. I tried some of the shorter styles thinking these would be better for you, but I was mistaken. While trying different styles, I noticed you looked rather nice in the mid-length curly styles, or even longer curly styles. A perm would also take care of the "flat" problem. I suggest you go to the above site and try some of the styles. Do try the longer, or mid-length curly styles. You might be surprised as I was. Also, do keep your hair blonde or light.
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:42pm
> HELP! I am really tired of trying to make my hair look> like it has body when it doesn't. It takes forever and> I don't have forever. I am a very busy state senator> who needs a hair change. Some people are advising> against changing my style - constituents are used to> seeing me this way etc etc. I can't get wild.> My hair is very flat and very straight - no body> whatsoever. I'm tall - 6ft and I have a long face. I> am 48 years old - hair is blonde - medium length. If> you are curious as to my current style, I have a> picture of myself on my web page at:> http://www.nancyjacobs.com> If anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions I'd> love hearing them. Guess I'm a little parnoid about> changing since the "political" types are> saying not to. But because my hair is so straight and> without body, I have to take way too long in the> mornings to get ready. I'm constantly getting my> picture taken, so I don't want to get too much of a> "messy" look. Any help would be appreciated.> Please email me.> Thanks! NancyHi nancy, I looked at your picture and I have to say I think you look great just as you are!You certainly do not look your age!Happy early birthday by the way.If you feel like a change, then by all means go for it, but I really think you look very nice just the way you are. =) Lisa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic