Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Struggling the result

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:44pm
> The new mother who gives up on the long hair that she >loves has my compassion.Why would she do that? It suggests that she is weak-willed and can't make her own decision.Okay, here is my question to you: Do you honestly believe that there is a woman alive who sincerely wants to cut her long hair short, not due to any outside pressure but simply because she wants her hair cut short? Or is she only deluding herself into thinking she wants short hair?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> I want to thank everyone for their responses. I took> the advice from the group and talked to my husband, he> was not as supportive as I hoped, he really wanted to> see me in long hair again.> I tried to meet his request, but finally last week I> could not handle it anymore. I guess I just like short> hair. I went last week to my stylist and got my hair> cut, it went from almost a chin length messy bob look> to a very short boyish look that is 2 inches on top> and extremly short on the sides and back. I did not> know what style I wanted so my so I told my stylist to> just give me a short haircut, the shorter the better.> I was a little shocked at first, but I'm starting to> get used to the look, I can tell you all I feel tons> better, and I doubt I will never grow it out again. My> husband was not only shocked I got it cut, but he also> has not talked to me since Friday, I think he thinks I> got it cut so short just to get back at him. I guess> he does not realize my hair is my hair.way i look at it.... who's the one who has to look at herself in the mirror every day and decide if she's happy with what she sees?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> your wedding day,that you agree to have long hair.> A signed and written Pre Nuptial Marriage Contract> by you as a lady,would have clarified that your> husband,> wanted you to grow long hair. Okay it is your hair,but> a husband has to look at your hair. Okay you want a> solution. I would suggest that you buy a long hair wig> for yourself and that you as a lady wear a long hair> wig for your husband. You as a wife,buying and wearing> a long hair wig,may convince your husband to talk to> you again. A long hair wig seems to be the only> solution,> if your want to keep short hair. It appears that your> husband does not think your super short hair style is> femmine. A large number of husbands, in this country,> expect a wife,to honor her husband,by growing long> hair.> You should have discussed the hair style issue before> your wedding day.seems pretty pathetic you have to include appearances in a pre-nup!!! isn't marriage SUPPOSED to be about LOVE, HONOR ,TRUST, PARTNERSHIP, FRIENDSHIP,ETC?.... if all one can focus on is hair, what are you going to do when the real troubles hit, mark?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> the type of hairstyles that each other prefers.> It is good for the future husband and the future wife> to> sign a written Pre Nuptial Hair Based Marriage> Contract,on what hair styles are expected during the> marriage. More men> are now using a written Hair Based Pre Nuptial> Agreement> to indicated what kind of hair style a lady is willing> to> have for her husband. Some of the men,may be satisfied> to have a wife,wear a long haired wig,if she insists> on> having very short hair,during the marriage. A large> number> of men are very sensitive on the hair style issue.> Many men expect a lady grow out her hair, to waist> length> during a marriage,as a way for a lady to honor,her> husband.> Myself, I think if a lady,is willing to wear a long> hair> wig for me,and want to keep short hair that is fine.> It> is only reasonable to ask her to wear a long hair wig> when> husband and wife are together.> Most men prefer option 2,in my area. When a lady with> short hair decides to grow it out,the men prefer to> cut> only the split ends of the hair to maintain health and> maximum growth. The in between stage of growth is hard> for a lady,and may look awful, but a lady has to> realize> that this stage of growth is necessary,if she expects> to> achieve the long hair she desires. Most men are very> supportive in doing everthing possible in the growing> out stage.ok..one, i'd like to know "all" of these men you speak for; and two, if a woman gives in then what other concessions does she have to make for a man! and three, what about her prenup? does that mean he must always take out the garbage and remain her "knibgt in shining armour"? i gues there's no flexability to you, huh?
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Mark Mark Mark what else can I say to you! Come on> look a lot deeper than hair for goodness sakes.> Comprimise and communications means understanding the> needs of a spouse and meeting the other in the middle> without any party feeling that they are being> controled.> A little haircut will not cause tons of problems in a> marriage.you know diane, i really like your style and way with words!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> Really, around here you will always find the "Oh> my GOD, don't ever cut you precious hair"> attitude a bunch more than the "Hey, it is normal> change at different times in your life" attitude.Zorak,Judging by the deafening silence (no outcry -- not even a peep), I would suggest that it is you who has the distorted perception of the attitudes of the people who participate on this board.Dave
David M Squires
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> Why would she do that? It suggests that she is> weak-willed and can't make her own decision.No. Certainly she can make her own decision. Sometimes, though, it ismade without awareness of all of the possibilities for solutions thatdon't involve cutting, and in these situations some acquiesce to thenot-necessarily-true "conventional wisdom" that having long hair isincompatible with motherhood.> Okay, here is my question to you: Do you honestly> believe that there is a woman alive who sincerely> wants to cut her long hair short, not due to any> outside pressure but simply because she wants her hair> cut short?As I said in my previous post, "I understand and accept that differentpeople will have different preferences." These preferences can includelong, short, or something in-between. Yes, Jena, this applies to allwomen, including those who have just become mothers!> Or is she only deluding herself into> thinking she wants short hair?I think not, Jena!Dave
David M Squires
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:45pm
> Zorak,> Judging by the deafening silence (no outcry -- not> even a peep), I would suggest that it is you who has> the distorted perception of the attitudes of the> people who participate on this board.> DaveDave I have to say that Zorak has this ability to keep our blood circulating at times. He adds that little spice when things are boring .
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:46pm
> Zorak,> It all depends on how you define "normal."> In the larger scheme of life, not just limited to hair> issues, I don't care to simply follow the dictates of> society just for the sake of conformity, so no one> would consider me too different. I enjoy, nay, revel,> in my uniqueness. Little is ever achieved by those who> fear ridicule for being different. They are trapped.> Great achievements usually require steping out of the> bounds of normalcy. There is definitely risk of> laughter and reprimand, but in the long run, greatness> is recognized, and much more importantly, you learn> how strong you are in bucking trends, in standing up> to peer pressure, and you discover greater self> respect. There comes a time in life where> "different" becomes "good," and> "normal" becomes "boring," and you> learn to delight in those aspects of yourself that are> distinct.> Jennifer Eve
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:46pm
Zorak,Hello.> Really, around here you will always find the "Oh> my GOD, don't ever cut you precious hair"> attitude a bunch more than the "Hey, it is normal> change at different times in your life" attitude.I don't remember any poster on this thread, with the exception of one individual who can't seem to get a handle on his handle, he changes it so often, who has displayed that first attitude. This thread is not about whether or not people should cut their hair; it is about a simple misunderstanding between a married couple. In this case, it's not really Katie's haircut by itself that has caused this misunderstanding, but the particular situation in which she got the haircut. I think that Katie will be able to work things out with her husband, and that everything will eventually be fine.> Hope things are OK between you and your spouse.Same here, I realy hope that everything works out. :-)Erika
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2001 at 8:08pm
As a lawyer I feel a written prenuptial agreement is the proper way to handle this question. I have a prenuptial agreement with my wife that she will never cut her hair without my written consent. We thoroughly discussed this issue before marriage and she well knows that I detest shorthaired women. She has honored the agreement in full. In return, I agreed to stay clean shaven and I have honored my end of the bargain as well. Have a frank discussion over important personal appearance issues and set it in writing. To leave up in the air any issue that is of vital importance to either party is asking for trouble.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic