Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some of you AREN'T going to like this!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
>To; Jena and Linda, My personal life my business.This is a hairboard site for discussion about ladieshair styles. The ladies that I have as friends,and mynew wife,to whom I just got married,are not items to be discussed on this hairboard. Jena has made slanderous,arrogant,and snotty comments,that should not to be made in this hairboard,which are about me.
Kestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
Before getting> a geometric bob, go to the clairol site> (www.clairol.com) and follow directions for making a> picture of yourself. Import the picture and see what> you would look like in a shorter hairstyle. This would> give you some idea and maybe change your> mind-defintiely no or yes let's go for it. Whatever> you decide make sure it is your decision. Split end> damage can be improved by a good salon, so don't let> that enter into your decision. Good luck on your> decision and keep us informed.Another great virtual makeover site iswww.emakeover.comIt's been recently updated, I believe, and just plain fun.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> So what! So he said he was single and now he is saying> he just got married. So what?`One word: credibility.Not believing that he's jumping into THIS mess,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> One word: credibility.I could not care less about anyone's marital status or other personal information. However....when the "story" constantly changes, then credibility is lost. In another post, he spoke of his daughter's hair. I guess he was a single parent, widowed, or divorced, apparently.There are way too many inconsistencies and really bizarre stories he tells. He once mentioned that *six* women in his apartment building had some psychological problem where they couldn't quit cutting their hair, so they are all bald! Amazing that they all live in the same building as Mark.... And of course, in Mark's town, several women with super long hair apparently go to stylists for slight trims and end up with buzzcuts!! What a very strange town.It's quite true that this is an odd world. However.......!
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> The short hair cut rules for ladies have been> proposed,> but the short rules for a ladies IS NOT a requirement,> at this time. I usuaully visit with all departments> in this electronics plant. As far as the woman office> manager,remarks about very short hair on ladies it is> possible she was kidding me. She does know I like long> hair on ladies. She might have been joking,> about very short haircuts,but there are several> ladies,all> with very long hair that have anxiety,about getting a> very short haircut. They ladies told me about their> concern> about getting a forced haircut.> I do know that this woman office manager,wants all> long> hair ladies to get a supershort clippercut like she> has on herself. She has talked to all of the long hair> ladies in the plant,about suggesting they get a very> short haircut like her. As of this time,she can NOT> enforce any very short haircut standards,for ladies to> remain employed.> The lady office manager told me she was very jealous> of ladies with long hair. She told me this directly to> me. She wants her very short hairstyle,to be applied> to all ladies in the plant. She is certainly entitled> to her opionion,but she SHOULD NOT FORCE a short> haircut> on a very long haired lady. This office manager wanted> to use company funds,to hire a barber,to give all the> ladies with long hair, a very short haircut,right on> the company sight. The plant manager,who is> man,rejected> the plan.> Some ladies who have very long hair at electronics> plant> have expressed concern to me,about the office manager> strongly recommending a super short clipper cut.> IF the sales office and electronics plant decides to> make> very short hair a requirement, I do not know if it> will> happen. Carolyn,this lady might have been joking,> but there are some ladies who do not think it is a> joke.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
I have no idea why I bother reading your posts...Mister, you have one serious hair fetish!! Let's think about this now. You live in a town where every major news item seems to be about hair. A half dozen women in your apartment building have this haircutting disease where they can't quit cutting their hair. Nearly all of the population of women in your town have waist length hair, especially the 80-year-old women. Except for the ones who go to salons for a trim. They receive complete buzzcuts! Now, we have a work situation where someone is being pressured to get a buzzcut.I won't deny that you have the same right as anyone else to post your opinions, but you're passing off all your hair fantasies as fact!!! And what really bothers me is that some people actually believe you! I will not name names, but I've received e-mail from a couple of women who corresponded with you who said you encouraged them to get buzzcuts for their long hair!Hey, fantasy is great. I love creating various fantasies myself, but I'm not so deluded to think that my fantasies are real. Mark, if you honestly believe all these wild hair tales you post here, then I am very worried.....
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> I won't deny that you have the same right as anyone> else to post your opinions, but you're passing off all> your hair fantasies as fact!!! And what really bothers> me is that some people actually believe you! I will> not name names, but I've received e-mail from a couple> of women who corresponded with you who said you> encouraged them to get buzzcuts for their long hair!Ah yes, Mark's incarnation of his "BALD WOMAN" persona...> Hey, fantasy is great. I love creating various> fantasies myself, but I'm not so deluded to think that> my fantasies are real. Mark, if you honestly believe> all these wild hair tales you post here, then I am> very worried.....I'm not Mark, and I don't know Mark personally, but I'm guessing that Mark doesn't believe the tales he posts here. Rather, I imagine that he posts largely to elicit impassioned reactions of one sort or another.Dave
David M Squires
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> Before getting> Another great virtual makeover site is> www.emakeover.com> It's been recently updated, I believe, and just plain> fun.And yet another site makeover-www.cybersalon.com. Their advice on making a polaroid of yourself:Put on a nice shirt, something you feel and look good inPut on your makeup, whatever makes you look the best.Pull your hair back with a headband, clips, ponytail, etc. We need to see your complete hairline – forehead and ears. And, please make sure your hair is off your shoulders. Yes, everyone groans at this part – but we promise that no one else will see this picture of you.Do not wear earrings, as these may have to be edited out for the best picture quality.Stand in front of a light colored background.Have plenty of light in the room around you.Face the camera squarely, looking straight ahead.Put on your best smile and relax.Have a friend or loved one take your picture close up including only your head and shoulders.Take a couple of pictures and send us the best one.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> One word: credibility.> Not believing that he's jumping into THIS mess,> JerkyFleaI will still say so what. I guess some of us haven't taken Karen or Jeff seriously about not torching people. YOu should know better Jerkyflea.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> I>
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
Gee Diane!You mention Karen and Jeff's rules so much, you sound like it's the end of the world if this board shuts down.I don't see anyone flaming here-Jena and whoever else are allowed to say what's on their mind. You are always telling us how proud of yourself you are for speaking up and saying what's on your mind..and you certainly do that a lot..so why can't someone else?Oh, and "Roxanne"-who sounds suspiciously like "Mark" (The word "Ladies" and wrong punctuation give it away)I think you're incorreect in saying that Jena has a problem with anyone else's thoughts and opinions that differ from hers.From what I have seen here, if you're going to say that about one person (and I personally don't agree with that remark)say it about EVERYONE that DOES get uptight over not so agreeable statements about long hair, too.I know I said in the past that I would not respond to your posts anymore Diane, but after reading your posts here and on the other new thread, it just begged for me to respond.HollyHolly
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:57pm
> One word: credibility.> Not believing that he's jumping into THIS mess,> JerkyFleaim got an e-mail from mark saying he was single then about 3 weeks later he posts he is married. so i was only confirming jena's posting as correct...marriage has nothing to do with the hair boarrd; like you said, it's about a person's credibility! by posting a message on a board you open yourself to all sorts of feed back both positive and negative and if there are "discrepances" in your posts some people will call you on it. so thats my standing on the whole thing.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
Like JerkyFlea and others have said it comes down to credibility. If Mark isn't sure whether he is married or single, then can you believe anything else he says? If he isn't sure whether he's married or single, then are any of his opinions or views stated really what he believes or are they contrived to illict a particular response?Jeff.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:58pm
I've got to include the title in my response...>And do everyone beleive everything everyone says all the>time Jerkyflea?Nope, sure don't. However, if I'm making a point and giving examples, I make darn sure that what I'm saying is accurate. Otherwise, if folks find out I'm making stuff up, they won't know what to believe.> I will still say so what.This coming from the woman that accused me of not reading posts correctly and making false allegations against herself and others. Good to know on which side I fall of your double standard of credibility.> I guess some of us haven't> taken Karen or Jeff seriously about not torching> people. YOu should know better Jerkyflea.Unbelievable. I think it's pretty darn obvious what I wrote wasn't anywhere close to a flame, just a statement of why Mark's changing stories impact how seriously his input is taken.JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Gee Diane!> You mention Karen and Jeff's rules so much, you sound> like it's the end of the world if this board shuts> down.No but I enjoy this web site and as others I would hate that it would get to the point that we wouldn't respect their wishes and I took those wishes seriously. Did you? ( Diane)>> I know I said in the past that I would not respond to> your posts anymore Diane, but after reading your posts> here and on the other new thread, it just begged for> me to respond.Wow did it speak to you Hollly? lol>You couldn't resist. lol I don't have that problem. I only read this because you asked me.Have a nice hair day Hollly.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
>> This coming from the woman that accused me of not> reading posts correctly and making false allegations> against herself and others. Good to know on which side> I fall of your double standard of credibility.Jerkyflea it seems that are some people on this baord that really want others respect each other and I am one.I don't care to see a gang up on anyone.When is the last time you defended somone from being ganged up?
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> No but I enjoy this web site and as others I would> hate that it would get to the point that we wouldn't> respect their wishes and I took those wishes> seriously. Did you? ( Diane)Well, I don't think anyone here can accuse me of being a troublemaker, so the answer to that is yes. I was just saying, that it seems lately that every time someone says something that is a liitle stronger in opinion than normal, or thinks that somebody is being a troll, but really aren't making any comments that will make Jeff and Karen re-think continuing the board, you get worried about it, and ask them to stop. As was proved in your absence, "Mark/Roxanne" was a phony, so Jena was right in her comments. I do understand your inclination to take the what we might say "less-popular" person's side, but sometimes they are so obviously "trollish" it amazes some of us that others keep believeing the person's for real. This Mark/Roxanne was so blatently obvious-well, it's been proven so enough said.> Wow did it speak to you Hollly? lolYes, and it said this needs commenting on from somebody.>You couldn't resist. lol I don't have that problem. I only >read this because you asked me.Wow! YOU?? don't have that problem?? That's FUNNY!As to the "because you asked me" comment? I needn't and shouldn't have asked, because no one EVER needs to ask you read any comments to you-you scan thoroughly and find them well enough.> Have a nice hair day Hollly.Thank you, I will-and will continue to be amused by that funny remark-you can resist-that's a hot one!Holly
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Jerkyflea it seems that are some people on this baord> that really want others respect each other and I am> one.Really Diane?> I don't care to see a gang up on anyone.Bull.> When is the last time you defended somone from being> ganged up?When you tried to get him to publically declare who it was that asked him if your story about being called up by a stalker was true, and he would not reveal it either publically or privately-and you went ballistic. My dear, we both know our history and for you to say that YOU were stalked seemed incredible to me. Especially the part about being called up???? That's right, it was me who wrote to Jerkyflea asking if it was true, as I had misread your message(as others commonly do with your writing-not to knock your use of English, but I'm just stating as fact that it can be misinterpreted or READ wrong at first reading)and thought it could be verified by Jerkyflea. So he was protecting me from an onslaught of verbal abuse from you and instead it was heaped upon him, as I'm sure you recall.So since you are intimating publically that Jerkyflea has no honor (and that you do), I am stating publically that he certainly has defended me in the past.Holly
Unregistered
Unregistered
>The only concern I had and intention I had with Jerkyflea is that I was pointing out that everyone should be treated with kindness. I wasn't and not questioning his values in life.If I am the only one that stands up with that belief that Mark should be treated with kindness then let it be that way. If I believe in him or not is not the issue. I just don't want to see another gang up.The only reason I mentioned my stalker situation is to help other women and I did because a few did respond to me. I had nothing else to gain only remembring the whole thing.If you Holly would have approached me directly I would have told you to help you if you need help. Do you need help?Bacially between you and me I already knew it was you that emailed Jerkyflea. It didn't much to figure that one out.
Unregistered
Unregistered
>A wise friend of mine always says improve in ourselves and it makes other people lives richer. We are human beings are not responsible for other people reactions or attitude toward any situation. ONly we are responsible for ourselves and only we can make life richer.Sincerely have a nice evening or day depending where you live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic