Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Female Opinion needed on style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Female Opinion needed on style
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
Since everyone is giving their open opinions I would like to get a few from the girls. I am a guy and I have healthy, shiny, dark hair. I look like sergeant Carter if I cut my hair real short and it just stick up everywhere if I cut it kind of short. I like it longer and it looks better longer. I really love bob styles and I would really like to have my hair grow out and get it cut into a bob with bangs (bangs because do to an accident I have scars on my forehead). The problem is that everyone where I live (the south)thinks that bobs are for girls only. My stylist even says that a bob cut would suit my face and features. I had basically a layered bob just below my ears with bangs and loved it but friends and family really pressured me to cut it so I caved. What do you think about guys with bobs? And if girls can have the "short boy cuts" what is wrong with a guy having pretty hair in a bob style?
Jamie :)
lynda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Since everyone is giving their open opinions I would> like to get a few from the girls. I am a guy and I> have healthy, shiny, dark hair. I look like sergeant> Carter if I cut my hair real short and it just stick> up everywhere if I cut it kind of short. I like it> longer and it looks better longer. I really love bob> styles and I would really like to have my hair grow> out and get it cut into a bob with bangs (bangs> because do to an accident I have scars on my> forehead). The problem is that everyone where I live> (the south)thinks that bobs are for girls only. My> stylist even says that a bob cut would suit my face> and features. I had basically a layered bob just below> my ears with bangs and loved it but friends and family> really pressured me to cut it so I caved. What do you> think about guys with bobs? And if girls can have the> "short boy cuts" what is wrong with a guy> having pretty hair in a bob style?do what you want as long as it's legal and won't get you killed.
HateMyhair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateMyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> Since everyone is giving their open opinions I would> like to get a few from the girls. I am a guy and I> have healthy, shiny, dark hair. I look like sergeant> Carter if I cut my hair real short and it just stick> up everywhere if I cut it kind of short. I like it> longer and it looks better longer. I really love bob> styles and I would really like to have my hair grow> out and get it cut into a bob with bangs (bangs> because do to an accident I have scars on my> forehead). The problem is that everyone where I live> (the south)thinks that bobs are for girls only. My> stylist even says that a bob cut would suit my face> and features. I had basically a layered bob just below> my ears with bangs and loved it but friends and family> really pressured me to cut it so I caved. What do you> think about guys with bobs? And if girls can have the> "short boy cuts" what is wrong with a guy> having pretty hair in a bob style?I say if the look suits you, get the bob, but if there is too much peer pressure to enjoy it, can you try a variation like maybe cut it above your ears but keep the length? No matter what, you should be able to do what you want. You're right about the girls and their ultra short cuts. Back in the middle ages the men had hair that I think resembles bobs. Good luck.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
First of all, I certainly agree that you should do whatever you wish with your hair.But....you did ask for opinions! I personally do feel that a bob haircut is rather effeminate on a man. Perhaps there is a man who looks masculine in that style, but the men (and boys)I've seen with it did not appeal to me in the least.Just my opinion,Jena
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> I say if the look suits you, get the bob, but if there> is too much peer pressure to enjoy it, can you try a> variation like maybe cut it above your ears but keep> the length? No matter what, you should be able to do> what you want. You're right about the girls and their> ultra short cuts. Back in the middle ages the men had> hair that I think resembles bobs. Good luck.HateMyHair,I appreciate your opinioin/support. I actually do have a variation of the bob right now. It is cut up over my ears up about 1/2 inch and the rest is graduated layering with the shortest layers being about 4 inches long right now (I just got a trim two weeks ago) and the back is buzzed up a little underneath and the final length about1 1/2 inches below my ear lobes. I kinda like it but I sure wish that it was possible for me to get a real blunt cut chin length bob. I think that would be fabulous looking on me. Maybe someday before I turn old and grey.
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> First of all, I certainly agree that you should do> whatever you wish with your hair.> But....you did ask for opinions! I personally do feel> that a bob haircut is rather effeminate on a man.> Perhaps there is a man who looks masculine in that> style, but the men (and boys)I've seen with it did not> appeal to me in the least.> Just my opinion,> JenaJen,You are right I asked for opinions and I respect yours. Thanks for the input. I kinda think the same way about a lot of these girls with super short cuts though. A lot of them look more masculine and boyish. So why is that accepted and longer hair and pretty styles not accepted on guys. I really have nice hair and I have put on a bob wig before (just to see what it would look like) and it looked good. maybe a little on the fem side but I have no reservations about showing my softer side. Girls express their masculine side with their pants and suit and ultra short boy cuts. Why can't people let guys express themsleves?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
> I kinda think the same> way about a lot of these girls with super short cuts> though.Guess what? I agree! I feel a woman should wear her hair how she wishes (and I an entitled to my opinion about how it looks but would never be intentionally cruel about giving it if asked), but I personally do not find super short hair on women very attractive with rare exception.> So why is that accepted and longer hair and pretty> styles not accepted on guys.As a man, do you really want to be perceived as "pretty"?>Girls express their masculine> side with their pants and suit and ultra short boy> cuts. Why can't people let guys express themsleves?Guys can and do. However, men and women are not merely the same with interchangeable sex organs! Many perceive a man's role as protector and wearing a haircut that may be perceived as feminine takes away from this role, which may also take away respect from him as a man.Just a thought.Jena
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic