Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gender v roller sets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
becauseIcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becauseIcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2015 at 12:56pm
Not worried about whether Jennifer sees my post, just wanted to respond so others could see that other men get their hair set. We still have a number of beauty parlors in our area that do wash & sets. True they are not as popular as they once were, however, there still are quite a few around.
AliceEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliceEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 9:36am
So I just found this forum and was wondering how many of you have actually seen men getting wet sets at the salons you go to or work at.
My second question is do women actually have their hair set at the salons still. 

becauseIcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becauseIcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 2:54pm
My husband & I go every week......we have seen two other men get wet sets in the 6+ years we have been going. Our hairdresser though said that there were about 3-4 other men that come to get weekly sets also.
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 10:21am
I've set my own hair many times over the years, but never had it done at a salon. I rarely do these days, but when I do it usually looks so good I wonder why I don't more often. Society at large has gotten away from formality in many ways and hair setting is one of those rituals that fit into the formal look more. Usually when I say something is out of fashion it's back in a year or two, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if hairsetting returns to popularity at some point.
JaneH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 12:43pm
As a guy, I love getting my hair set in rollers and getting perms and color/highlights.  My wife loves my hair with curls and encourages me to keep it curly.
Jane
vincent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 4:46pm
I'm a guy and I get roller sets with perm rods on average of once a month. I have naturally curly hair but it's more of a wave whereas the perm rods give it more of a defined curly pattern. At first as a guy, I felt awkward going to the salon to have this done but in general I haven't gotten the sideways looks that I thought I was going to get. I feel no shame at all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic