Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - why charge full haircut price for a quick dusting of the ends?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why charge full haircut price for a quick dusting of the ends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
moosha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moosha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why charge full haircut price for a quick dusting of the ends?
    Posted: March 26 2000 at 6:16pm
i have been going to my salon for 3 yrs, i am a good customer, a "chemical customer" to be exact, (color, in every 4 wks for regrowth) .....i wear my hair long, and trim it about every three visits. i just think that is unfair that i have to pay for a full haircut when it always takes no longer than 5 min. i mean, i am already spending big money on a regular basis, i just fell like they should give me a reduced rate on "dusting" my ends, esp. since i do not do it that often. professionals...and clients as well- what do you think?
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2000 at 10:00am
I agree, if you're just getting a small trim on the ends,you shouldn't be charged the price of a total haircut.
Not when you're a regular coloring procedure customer.

Happyblonde
STUDIO36TH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 7:21pm
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 7:33pm
I HAVE BEEN A HAIRSTYLIST FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE OWNED MY OWN STUDIO FOR 9 YEARS. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN AGREEANCE WITH YOU ON YOUR COMMENT. I NEVER CHARGE A CLIENT MORE THAN $5 FOR A TRIM ON THEIR ENDS FOLLOWING ANOTHER SERVICE, UNLESS I HAVE TO SPEND A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF EXTRA TIME TO CHANGE THE HAIRCUT AND EVEN THEN I WOULD PROBABLY ONLY CHARGE $10. FOR A REGULAR CLIENT SUCH AS YOURSELF, I WOULDN'T EVEN CHARGE FOR IT AT ALL! I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT THAT CHARGING SO MUCH FOR 5-10 MIN. OF ADDITIONAL TIME WAS FAIR AND I WOULD NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH SOMEONE WHO DID IT TO ME. HOPEFULLY MY CLIENTS APPRECIATE IT, BECAUSE IT REALLY IS VERY ATYPICAL OF THE WAY THAT MOST STYLISTS OR SALONS DO BUSINESS. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED, BUT IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO PHOENIX, MAYBE YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE ME.

RHONDA
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 10:54am

I totally agree with you, and some salons/stylists /will/ do this. Or at least offer free bang trims.

I ditched my last stylist when she started charging me for every little thing--sometimes for things I didn't ask for, like an extra conditioning treatment. She'd also try to push other products and services on me, when I was already ringing up a hefty bill.

The last straw was when she was doing my hair one night (and running very late, I might add) and she informed me that she had forgotten to charge me for my previous trim (which I got with several other services), and so it would have to be added to that night's bill. Not only was this unprofessional and totally her fault, but I felt I was a good enough customer that it should have been allowed to slide. I was NOT pleased to have an unanticipated 30 bucks tacked on.

Ally
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 11:00am

/Especially/ if the trim is between "real" haircuts.

Ally
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2000 at 11:32am
Yep, I agree with that, too. Any service that a person is a loyal client returning for repeat service should be given a price leeway in trims.

Happyblonde
HairByRandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2000 at 1:13am
I have read the postings on this thread and am completely amazed. I am a hairstylist and have been for 12 years. If your stylist is giving you a "trim" in 5 minutes, you are going to the wrong stylist. There is no such thing as a "trim". Even if your hair is all one length, the hair should still be sectioned off and cut precisely. Not just butchered by combing it all down and whacking it off.

Second, this is not charity work people. I am sure that your lawyer charges you for everything he does, and so do we.

Third, if the price is a concern to you, try talking about it with your stylist BEFORE they start the service. I charge seperately for every service I perform. If I color the hair, cut it, and style it, the is THREE seperate services. Why should clients who don't get it styled because they are just going to the gym have to pay the full price. This way, everyone pays alacarte. If you get it styled, you pay for styling, if you get it CUT you pay for a cut. That's fair isn't it.

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2000 at 12:28am
OK RANDY I AM REPOSTING THIS TO DISAGREE WITH YOU. IF YOU WANT TO CHARGE "A LA CART" FOR YOUR SERVICES THAT'S YOUR PEROGITIVE. IN RESPONSE TO YOUR STATEMENT THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TRIM - THAT IS LUDICROUS. IN MY 32 YEARS I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT. JUST BECAUSE YOUR MEHTOD OF CUTTING REQUIRES MORE STEPS AND THEREFORE TAKES MORE TIME THAN OTHERS DOING THE SAME JOB DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO CLAIM THAT IT CAN'T BE DONE. I THINK THAT SOMEONE WHO TAKES SUCH STEPS AND/OR TAKES SO LONG TO TRIM THE ENDS OF SOMEONES HAIR IS JUST INVENTING MORE THINGS TO DO TO JUSTIFY SPENDING MORE TIME TO CHARGE MORE MONEY.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2000 at 7:25pm
ok, let me get this right. If you have someone who has all one length hair and wants the ends trimmed up, you would take the hair, comb it all down and cut it in one pass?

well, I guess we each have our own styles. I can tell you that I would never subject any of my clients to that kind of Supercuts technique.

Sorry if I got you all worked up but to me the look of the finished product is more important than hurrying thru the service.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2000 at 2:32am
Keeping the caps lock engaged on your keyboard is considered very rude and sounds like you're YELLING at someone. I thought perhaps you're new to the web and didn't realize that.

Thought you might like to know!

Regards,

Jennifer
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2000 at 7:08pm
I visit a George Michael longhair affiliate for my trims. Not every time that I see him do I need the full-blown twist trim that takes 2 hours, so he has recommended I stop by occasionally, perhaps once a month, for my microtrim of perhaps 1/8" to 1/4" along just the very ends. Doing this takes only about 2-3 minutes with my below-the-knee length hair. What the heck else does he have to do? I don't want anything more, as it would be just stretching time out to pad the bill.

Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2000 at 7:06pm
oooo. The Amish woman look.... grrrrr
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2000 at 2:26pm
I have an aquaintances with long hair. Recently she got a trim. After doing this the hairdresser spend some time with hair care and after that the final bill was about 75 Euro (after 1 and 1/2 hour). I think it was correct, but the next time she will do it herself (he has cut too much, against her request).
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2000 at 4:33pm
Better than trying to look like a man. :-)
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 12:48am
RANDY,
ONLY PEOLPLE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY WORKED FOR SUPERCUTS WOULD KNOW THEIR TECHNIQUES. I GUESS THIS COUNTS YOU IN AND ME OUT. BOTTOM LINE IS - IF YOU REALLY KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND YOU WEREN'T WASTING TIME SHOWING OFF THEN YOU TOO WOULD BE ABLE TO DO YOUR HAIRCUTS(TRIMS) IN 5 - 10 MINUTES, OR MAYBE YOU JUST NEED MORE TRAINING.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 1:05am
JENNIFER,
ARE YOU AN EXPERT IN ON-LINE ETIQUETTE? IF SO WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR BOOK? I'M SORRY IF YOU CANNOT APPRECIATE MY EFFORT IN WRITING A DETAILED A RESPONSE IN DEFENSE OF THE CLIENTS POINT OF VIEW - THIS SHOULD INCLUDE YOU! MAYBE I'M ENTIRELY WASTING MY TIME IN AM ATTEMPT TO OFFER WHAT I CONSIDERED VALUABLE INFORMATION TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. WHAT WAS I THINKING THAT MAYBE SOMEONE COULD APPRECIATE MY EFFORTS. I GUESS YOU WOULD RATHER NIT-PICK ABOUT SOMEONES USE OF BIG LETTERS THAN TO USE THE BOARD TO EXCHANGE IDEAS ABOUT HAIR. YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER OUTLET FOR YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 1:00pm
No dear, I have never worked for Supercuts. But there is NO way you can get a precision cut by pulling the hair down and WHACKING it off. Unless the client only has four hairs on her head.

I must say that the people on this message board are the rudest, nastiest and most offensive people I have ever seen on a board before. I was under the impression that a message board was to share ideas AND opinions. Just because someone doesn't like or agree with someone else's opinion doesn't give them the right to belittle or talk down to them.

Maybe everyone should just think what the world would be like if everyone were just like them.

So I don't think I will be visiting this site anymore. There are much nicer people to be around.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 1:05pm
Studio36th,

Why don't you calm down. You obviously are the one with the problem. All Jennifer said was that typing with your caps on made people think you were yelling. Calm down. There is no reason for you to get defensive and start berating people. Geez, I can't believe that the administration of this posts allows this to happen without immediately taking it off.

Jennifer, YOU GO GIRL!!!
hairchick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2000 at 1:20am
Thank you. I applaud you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic