Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Length/Style double standard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2001 at 12:18pm
Reply to message: 10.3505.1
Maybe that hairstyle doesn`t suit you Bobbeguy. I happen to know some guys that have that look and it never even occured to me that they had something different nor I consider that long. I don`t think that every hairstyle suits us and when we do find one that suits us it blends in. Long hair on some people look awful as some short hair styles on some people look awful.

For example the shave look looks fabulous on a few people I know but the same look on the lady that I happen to know that did it a few months ago to raise money for the Cancer society didn`t suit her and she didn`t like it neither. I have seen long hair on guys and they look awful and others look great. NOt every man can wear a crew cut but when that style is on the right male, man that looks sharp.

Years ago I never thought curls would look good on guys but i have seen hairstyles that includes curls for men and again it looked sexy.

dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2001 at 8:39am
The problem is not only that some people find it weird, but that there is some discrimination, for example,
in certain workplaces. If you don`t like a person of the opposite sex with a "non-traditional" length of
hair, that`s your own aesthetic opinion, and should have no bearing on what you think of a person`s character or whether or not you should be employed. In the Netherlands, soldiers are allowed to have long hair, and
I say, make it that way in Canada and the US too.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2001 at 1:50pm
Weird? Double standard? Discrimination? How about basic human nature. Birds of a feather do flock together. I would suggest that you understand people in general are most at home around people like themselves. That leaves you 2 options, you can either look down at people for not excepting you as you are or you can put forth a little more effort and show people that men with chin lenth bobs and bangs really are ok. As they say "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" but if you chose to be unroman... don`t ask why you don`t get treated as other Romans!
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2001 at 3:10pm
Reply to message: 10.3520.1
Hey, does anybody think that bobbedguy is finally gone? I haven`t seen him around posting in a while... do you think we scared him off?
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic