Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men wearing wigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men wearing wigs
    Posted: July 29 2000 at 8:24am
I'm male and I've always wanted long hair and was never allowed as a child. Now I'm suffering from baldness so my only option is to wear long wigs. I don't want to look too feminine but I like the way some feminine styles look on me. Ideally I would like to go about my everday life wearing a long wig. I know there are people that would think of me as strange but are there any words of encouragement from anyone, this is something I really want to do but not if it means being an outcast in society.
Muudee53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muudee53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2007 at 10:44am
Hang in there. I know just how you feel. I don't understand why it's OK to shave your head (not natural),but not wear a wig. If your a woman or a cancer patient or a movie star it is OK, but not a welder or accountant. What gives? The gay men seem to be more into short or bald. The natural longhairs seen to be bikers,musicians or outcasts. I guess you can be a cosplayer-goth-anime or whatever. I am not into pink, blue,purple and black is not me. As I have been dealing with the bald issue myself and society unaccepting men with wigs. I resolve to being a closet wig wearing longhair. I also must buy mostly womens wigs, but because the mens wigs mostly suck. Then I cut the wig like I like it. Elvis hair does nothing for me. Hang in there and wait. The times are changing and maybe our time. Muudee   P.S. I can't believe there has not been anyone answere this before. There must be more than two of us. Or we are going to have a really long wait for change.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 2:29am
I dont see anything wrong with it.If you want long hair and cant grow it,why not?
When my own hair (although I'am female) was cut very short,I had a few wigs and wearing them made feel so much better! Do whatever makes you happy.Dont worry about what people think.Smile
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 11:36am

i fully agree with julesyjul88. u should not give too much importance to what others might think. If u r comfortable go ahead. In fact iWink sport a long pony tail or bun, and my wife sometimes dresses up my hair , and sometimes i get some odd comments about my hais style and i just ignore it.

Edited by vivek - December 19 2007 at 11:39am
happy abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 7:56pm

Hi vivek

As wannabe post 19/05/2004 I am also a male, and balding on top like him I’ve always wanted styled curley hair and was never allowed to wear it so, I’m thinking of getting a feminine wig for those special occasions Wink see Gallery re hairstyle 17371. Vivek please can you enlarge on how your wife dresses up your hair sounds great to me. Tongue vivek I'm past caring what others think as long as it makes me happy.

Edited by happy abi - June 16 2008 at 6:26pm
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 7:06am

Hai happy abi

I will only be too glad to share my moments with you. I am a male aged around 34 and the length of my hair is around 32 inches. I always had a fascination for long hair and my wife is very supportive of this. In fact my hair is very long , and quite voluminous also. My wife is very proud of my hair and in fact she has taken so many pains to maintain it more than i do.

She is very supportive of me and she understands me and she does not mind the odd comments or looks from neighbours or in the office. In fact i had a lot of admirers in my son s school when we went for a parents teachers meet. I generally sport a thick moustache , but this has nothing to do with the lenght of my hair. In fact i feel masculine enough to sport long hair and with a clean shaven face.

We had to attend our cousins wedding reception on june 6th 2008, some 10 days back and she happily took charge of my hair. Always on such public occassions, i sport a long pony tail with two hair accessories at the top and bottom , but thistime my wife asked me whether it would be ok for me to sport a much more elaborate style. I accepted for it as the gathering was purely personal .

To start with she first shaved my mousch and beard and she applied shampoo to my hair. In fact it is a very long drawn process considering the length of my hair. She had the patience and first washed my hair and applied shampoo and then washed it with warm water and then dried it using a hair dryer and then applied a bit of oil to prevent the hair from getting dry. She experimented the hair with a lot of varieties ranging from long and straight pony tails, high buns and ringlets. At last she narowed down on plaits. She wanted me to wear plaits for the occassion and i was not sure whether this will go well with me , but she gave the confidence and she said that i am masculine enough in my height and appearance to sport any feminine hair style. ( in fact i am 6.1 feet tall ).

She started with a elaborate plaits style slightly loose at the top and a bit tight at the end of the hair, but after starting the process , she changed the mind and she asked me if french plaits would be ok. I said yes. Then she applied french plaits - it was a very neat work and my goodness, and i was surprised to see myself transformed with a clean shaven face and a long french plaits. I looked very feminine, and thought that it was not natural for others to see me as a woman from the back or may be they would have thought that i was a crossdresser. But my wife gave me the confidence and it was her favourite hair style and so i allowed her to do the style for me.

Regards

vivek

happy abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 12:38pm

Hi vivek

Have you seen my thread on the Announcements:Introductions: my first time      Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:13pm                                                 

It was a fantastic day out at the salon and more than I could have dreamt of, the stylist was so kind and understanding towards me.

Thanks for your response I like to hear other people’s news

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic