Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Cuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Cuts
    Posted: August 06 2000 at 6:00pm
My brother actually chose to have a buzz cut as he was growing up. He loved it. He is now in the Navy so he fits in perfectly. :)
Natalie
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2000 at 10:44am
You were lucky! At least buzz cuts have some semblance of cool. I had to have mine shaved nearly to the crown, and side-parted on top, no matter what the season. Consequently I grew up very conscious of how people react to one's hair style, couldn't wait to try my own styles and have had a thing about hair ever since. Still, it was character building, and made me into the normal, well-rounded regular guy personality I am today, fnarr! fnarr! - snort, snort - Hic! :-)
phil
zwhitmer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwhitmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2000 at 2:48pm
I grew up in the midwest and my parents insisted on buzz cuts in the summer. By the time I was around 11 or 12, I started arguing about it but had to endure them unitl I was 14. Is this still a common practice? Did anyone else witness or deal with this? And does anyone know why this was done? My parents always gave me the "it's cooler and easier" but I wasn't complaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic