Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
je View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote je Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extension
    Posted: August 08 2000 at 10:28am
Hi

This is my first time posting on this forum. I have always admired long, beautiful hair and my compliments to all the ladies (and guys) who have such hair. I, on the other other hand, have very fine, thin hair that simply refuses to grow past my shoulders. So, for my wedding in October I am going to have extensions added so that I can wear my hair in waves to compliment my medieval-style dress. My problem is this -- my fiance's ex-wife has very long, thick hair and unfortunately an incredibly bitchy personality. She always finds a way to make a snide remark about my thin hair. Knowing her, I am convinced she is going to say something nasty to me about my "fake" hair when she sees me, and I was hoping for advice on how to deal with this so that I don't stoop to her level, but on the other hand I don't want to feel bad about my new long hair, or have anything spoil my wedding day. My life-long dream has been to have long hair and I will be going to considerable expense to achieve this and to join the ranks -- albeit cheating -- of the long-haired women.
I really would like advice
Thanks again
brulist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brulist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2000 at 12:14am
Go for the extensions... weddings have a lot of built-in fantasy, anyway. ;-)

What puzzles me is why you have to worry about his ex... who the heck invited HER to YOUR wedding????
je View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote je Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2000 at 12:41pm
Hi Brulist

Thanks for the encouragement, it's just what I needed. As for being puzzled about who invited the ex to the wedding, no-one did, but she abandoned her three children with us (only one of which is my fiance's, and the other two come from other men she went out with before him) She comes to our house every 2nd weekend to see her children, and it is at these times that I come into contact with her and that she makes nasty comments. Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I think I will simply go for my dream and let her say what she likes, who cares!
je
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic