Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Junk mail: Never been so insulted!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Junk mail: Never been so insulted!
    Posted: December 18 2000 at 6:26am
Reply to message: 10.3202.1
Hi Phil,

You said it so well. I totally agree.

Best wishes,
Karen
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 12:20pm
Reply to message: 10.3198.1
Dear Phil:

I really know how you feel in some ways. Sometimes when we are a bit sensitive about a certain subject anything can get to us. Let me explain. Years ago I couldn`t lose weight and felt very insecure because of it. I just had a child and felt very ugly, etc. Anyways out pops this stupid junk mail about losing weight and it sounded like someone gave my name to them. Well I cried and asked all my friends and relative about this and it turned out that other people had the same stupid mail and they were also offended and noone that we knew sent this to us. I finally believed it when someone that was thin got the same mail. Sometimes Phil the need of making money doesn`t always fit into the class of having empathy for the human race. Throw it out, I am roughing up your hair and giving you a cyber hug and just have a good day.
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 9:31am
It`s Christmas! The time of goodwill and cheer, then this junk mail arrived. "Retake control" it said. "The thing that concerns men with thinning hair is losing control over the way others see them - stay in control with new **** shampoo."
Whaaat? I never realised that control had been lost in the first place. Now I`ve nothing against hair products. They`re fine, as long as you buy when you want them. If I wanted more "control" I`d go to a drugstore, or mail order from Hairboutique. What really gets my goat is when a bell goes off on the Great Corporate Database and it`s decreed that "He`s over 40, so he must be a) thinning on top and b) feeling mighty darn insecure about it, I`ll bet! Send him some foul-smelling gunk with 30 chemicals in it and he`ll feel better"
In the same way that we humans were quite happy with our smell for tens of thousands of years before Right Guard and Co. brainwashed us to think otherwise, now hair companies are giving us the treatment. Resist at all costs!
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic