Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want haircut but mom won`t let me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda Tyrell View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Tyrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want haircut but mom won`t let me!
    Posted: December 27 2000 at 12:26pm
I am 12 years old. My hair is long enough to sit on. I want it cut by my mom won`t let me. What do I do? I hate it so long.
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 6:59am
I have a little niece. At the age of 11 she had very beautiful shiny, healthy midback length hair, all the people loved it. Suddenly she decided to cut it all off and colored it red. No pressure from family to keep her away from a hair cut. On the other site as I was young family allways catched my hair away, although I really wanted it long on me.

After some time my niece don`t liked her new style anymore and now she grows it back in it`s natural appearance. Don`t know what she will decide in future.

The bad thing is if you change to a very short style the hair may be lost for the next 5, 6, 7 or more years, if you want to get it back. It may happen that you change your mind much quicker as your hair can grow.

Nevertheless, I think your wish should be heared from your parents. If your mother can not convince you but only gives pressure she will risk that all of the hair will be lost sometimes. On the other site I heard from another talk board that some women are really happy that their parents don`t allowed to cut the hair off if they were younger.

You don`t tell that you want it very short. I think the hair should be pleasant for you.

If you only hate your hair I think it would be better to cut it off or to go to a shorter length, but if you have doubts sometimes you can get encouragement for the long hair as much as you want.

wolfgang
lauren alston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauren alston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2000 at 8:37am
thats not fair!
you should wear whatever style YOU want
tell yout mom you want to donate it to cancer kids so they can make a wig out of it
she cant say no to that!!!
then save your ponytail and mail it to locks of love ill tell ya all the infoi if you do cut it
how short do you want it?
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2000 at 7:43pm
Reply to message: 10.3223.1
quote:

Amanda Tyrell originally wrote:
I am 12 years old. My hair is long enough to sit on. I want it cut by my mom won't let me. What do I do? I hate it so long.

I think if you want it cut so bad, you should really let her know.
I would probably beg, but thats just me. Have a good talk with your mom. Let her know why and ask her why she objects.
I know how that long hair to shorter hair transition goes. It can be very tramatic, but if u wanna go through with it think it through carefully.
But just ask her!!!! Have a democratic convo and stay on the subject. Or, if u wanna cut off 10 inchesor more.... tell her u wanna donate it to locks of love, your niceness might work!!!

Lemme know how it goes!!

Keee
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
Naomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2001 at 7:24pm
Reply to message: 10.3223.1
I was about your age with hair about your length when I decided to get it cut. I gradually cut it to shoulder length. Nobody opposed me, and I thought I made a good decision. But now as I look at old pictures of myself, I see how much better I looked with long hair. I`ve been growing it back out since July. Shorter hair never really brought any satisfaction.
Like Wolfgang said, depending on how short you cut it, it will take several years to grow it back out. If suddenly you decide you hate your shorter hair, you could spend those years angry with yourself for cutting it. Your mother may be right in not wanting you to cut it. But it is your hair, not hers, and if you really really want it short, she should respect that. Don`t drive her crazy with pleading to get it cut, just keep asking nicely. Maybe if you have money you could help pay for it.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic