Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair trends for the "Noughties", Predictions please.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair trends for the "Noughties", Predictions please.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair trends for the "Noughties", Predictions please.
    Posted: January 21 2001 at 8:17am
Each recent decade has had its defining hair moments - this is my recap:
50s - Movie & pop stars leave postwar blues behind - M: Elvis-style Teddy Boys and D.A.s. F:Monroesque curls and flicks.
60s - Peace, maan; the hippy error. (sorry, era) - M: The `Jesus` look. F: The `Jesus` look, sans facial hair.
70s - The decade style forgot - M: Jesus`s hair is unwashed and split ends are showing. F: Farrah forces it on everyone whether it suits them or not.
80s - Greed is good - M: Short, sharp and successful. F: you`ve got it, so flaunt it. Hair is BIG!
90s - Still going strong (but in a caring way) - M: Hair continues to recede, it`s even cool to bypass the barber and shave your own head. F: Locks ruthlessly looped off as minimalist chic rules.

The point of all this preamble is this; we are now well into a new decade, the 00s, or `Noughties`. There`s a new Prez, possible recession, global warming, the internet, wipeout by an asteroid etc etc to look forward to, so how do you thing our hair will define this historic decade? All predictions are welcome. I shall revisit this question in 2011 and the one who came closest will receive a crisp $5 or £5 note and a signed photo of yours truly. ;-)
phil
Styl`nSue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styl`nSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 1:57am
I`m a Hairstylest and I think for W: any length goes but TEXTURE is the key. Long chunky layers fliping in all directios, Shaterd bob`s with short razord layers spiking up on top flipinf out on the way down, short razord cuts with longer bangs. M- Two Words.... Bed Head.......2"-3" rasord texurised with chunking sheirs sort of an organised chaos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic