Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - been told that men prefer women with puffy hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

been told that men prefer women with puffy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: been told that men prefer women with puffy hair
    Posted: March 02 2001 at 3:33pm
Today I spent four hours in a salon so that I could walked out like a porcelain doll with spiral hair. But the process wasn`t easy because the stylist I was dealing with tried to talk me into cutting my hair half the length. ( I guess it would have been easier for her to curl etc) and I refuse to allow a brand new stylist to help out.
At the end it took four stylist to take the curlers out of my hair. The results are great. I love my puffy spiral look. ahhhhhhhhhhh
dianefromcanada
Nick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2001 at 7:58pm
Reply to message: 10.3280.1
I bet it looks lovely. How long is it again? I don`t know, maybe men like puffy hair because it looks thicker?

Nick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2001 at 8:10am
Reply to message: 10.3284.1
lol hello Nick

Yeah maybe men like puffy hair because it looks thicker.

My hair only needs about two inches to grow to reach my waist now but because of the spiral it only looks like it is halfway down my back. I had a lot of compliments and the style started a lot of conversations especially with women who have natural spiral hair. For them they find their natural hair difficult to handle at times and can`t believe that some women will spend $$$$$$$ to get their hair to look like them. I find it very easy to wear and get ready in the morning.
dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2001 at 8:51am
This is not a comment on whatever you did specifically, Diane, just a query as to who told you
men like puffy hair. What people should understand is that it is hard to generalize what one
sex likes about the other. I, for one, like silky straight hair the most. Some men like curly hair,
others like straight hair. Some like blondes, others don`t. I imagine it should be the same for
women. In the 50`s, you were told short hair was best; in the 60`s, long straight hair, and in
the 80`s, huge curly hair with curly bangs. I wish people would follow their own instincts (I suspect
you are, Diane, I just hope you`re not damaging your hair and scalp with perm chemicals) rather
than assume that whatever the fashion industry panders is automatically handsome. There was a
real good period in society from about 1993 or before through about 1995, when "anything
goes". Punk was "out" but you weren`t expected to be perfectly clean cut. Everyone seemed to
have their own fashions. Now, conformity is back, and we`re turning into a robotic society, like
we were in the 50s.

P.S. did you know that Oprah Winfrey once lost all her hair after a perm?
Toxic Fairy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toxic Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2001 at 12:58pm
I agree...Men should look one way, women should look another. I have a short bob with bangs, and people would rather I conform to their sucky society. They don`t realize that I have a completely different lifestyle from the normal person. I am a metal musician and an openly bi-sexual androgynous boy....Looking like Eminem would make the aesthetics incorrect.

Did you notice everyone wants to be blonde haired blue eyed? Nazisociety!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2001 at 2:33pm
Reply to message: 10.3291.1
Dear Duke:

There is a lot of fear about perms that does and doesn`t have any merit.
Yesterday I overheard a stylist refusing to perm someone`s hair because the lady was under so much stress and her hair was already falling out. The stylist wouldn`t even accept a wavy contract. She said it wasn`t worth it. The stylist in this case certainly had just case based on what she was already seeing.
I remember being told that if I perm my hair when I am pregrant that all my hair would fall out and of course that wasn`t true and I did permed it but according to some ladies at times when someone is pregrant the perm won`t take. I never had any problems.
Been told that men prefer puffing hair. lol That is a joke that is told to me and others when we women complain about our bad hair days. Sometimes I am pretty hairy looking lol. Been told that I have enough hair to give to five other women.
Been also told that men fool around with blondes, have fun with redheads but always marry a brunette at the end. Ya right lol I don`t beleive everything but enjoy life.
NOt really into this lib thing but I have never been one to do something just because men prefer seeing me one way or the other neitherlol.
No I am not damaging my hair. My hair has been and is in very good shape surprising enough living in a deep freezer climate lol
It is not my opinion but been told many times. Maybe I am lucky. Maybe my hair is tough.

Hey the snow is melting and I am starting to hear the birds.
But us Canadians are very used to change as I heard on the news today because we have four seasons lol so are fearless of changes in life.
dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 9:38am
Reply to message: 10.3314.1
Dear Diane,

perming while pregnant is bad for the BABY. (It`s scientifically proven, if I recall well).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 12:20pm
Reply to message: 10.3315.1
This is exactly what I mean. Before people believing in things they should actual consult their doctor like I did at the time. This is false.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 2:12pm
Reply to message: 10.3314.1
I think I have to give a warning about perms. From all what I read the last 16 months there were a lot of terrible stories. I really hope you will not make the bad experience that stylists only coke with water and if the water is hot they burn their clients often. To loose a beautiful long hair through bad styling methods is a serious (terrible) thing for people who love long hair and that is something which is not needed, life is not unlimited and to regrow a damaged long hair needs 5, 6, 7 or more years. I know that women often want a change but a change to a lower level of appearance is always bad. Nevertheless, I am not a great hair expert and if you say your hair is in good condition I will believe it. Personally I like long black straigth hair most, but this is only an outer perception. I think all natural long hair is beautiful, but it`s the women`s decision how they want to wear it. And personal relationships can be quite different from individual likings.

I really wish that you have find your way with your hair that makes you happy and I hope that life will have a lot of positive surprisings for you.

wolfgang
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 2:40pm
Reply to message: 10.3317.1
Sorry, I would write
Dear Diane, I think ...

I needed more then 1 hour to put this post into the board. With edit post I reached nothing. Sometimes it is really difficult for me to get access to the board.

wolfgang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 4:23pm
Reply to message: 10.3317.1
Hello Wolfgang:

Yes I have also heard of people having bad perms plus I have also heard of people who wanted just a haircut and almost ended up with no hair. Amazing how some people love to cut but yet it seems so hard to find someone that can actually do the job right or better than a three years old. That is nice that you like long black hair. I find black hair very interesting and have often wanted black hair but straight hair to my opinion has always been extremely boring look on me.
I love bounce, waves, movement.
dianefromcanada
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2003 at 9:28pm
I am a hairstylist.
This Urban Legend of not getting perms while pregnant seems to never die. The doctors are even saying it. There are NO scientific studies that have proven that chemicals on the hair is bad for the baby. I had a client call me the other day and sceduled an appointment for just a trim instead of her usual highlights because the nurse at her doctors office said she should not. The nurse said that they were instructed to say that. Well, I have one question to ask them, what if that patient IS A HAIRDRESSER HERSELF!!!!
I have a beautiful 10 yr old and I performed hair styling the whole 9 months and most hairdressers I know have very healthy children. I have NEVER heard a hairstylist have a problem child due to hair chemicals.
Think about it!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Roadrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2003 at 11:00pm
That statement is partially true. Men prefer women. :D Beyond that, we like many different looks at different times of our lives.

I prefer the early 70's stick straight parted down the middle hippie look and have so for the last 5 years or so. At one time of my life, I liked short poofy styles, though. I've always prefered the midnight black color.

This thread was started in 2001 by Diane of Canada, and I wonder how long the poofy hairstyle lasted and if she went back to her natural look?
S/r

'If it ain't broke, leave it alone!'
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 12:50am
LiliBeach, with all due respect, just because there are no studies (as you claim) saying that it is dangerous to perm hair while pregnant, does not mean that it is safe, either. At one time, there were no studies saying that regular x-rays (which were routinely performed on pregnant women) harmed unborn babies, either!

The truth is this: this is a whole lot that is unknown about pregnancy. Even with modern science, doctors still do not know exactly what triggers labor!

Thus, it's rather prudent to avoid any possible dangers at all during pregnancy. Pregnancy is such a short time in a woman's life, yet the consequences of her actions may last the child's lifetime. Surely, going without a perm or hair color isn't too great of a sacrifice for the health of one's child?! Hopefully no one is so vain that she cannot sacrifice salon beauty for just a few months.
Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 7:02pm
my man would never get near a girl with puffy hair unless she had some other quality that made her attractive. ^_^;; He made me cut off my long hair because it got in the way.. his hands got stuck it it.. etc. I can't imagine what he'd do if it were poofy as well. O_O
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 7:42pm
It's generational Gally3rd.

Some older people like puffy hair. You know the Big Hair look that was popular years ago, especially with the Country-Western crowd.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 2:58pm
Gally, did your boyfriend really MAKE you
cut your hair? What does it look like now?
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 1:32pm
I like big hair I don't know about Puffy, my hair used to be puffy until it got a little longer and it sucked it still gets puffy sometimes.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 11:44pm
This thread was started in 2001 by Diane of Canada, and I wonder how long the poofy hairstyle lasted and if she went back to her natural look?(Roadrat)

Hello Roadrat:

Yeah I went back to my natural look which is naturally wavy hair. I haven't had a perm for a very long time now. My hair is way to thick for such things. I dumped the boyfriend that wanted puffy hair and finally ended up with a boyfriend that loves long hair and takes his time brushing my hair plus he shampoos and conditions my hair. Is there anything better than that situation? lol
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic