Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shampoo commercial lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shampoo commercial lol
    Posted: March 10 2001 at 10:26am
Have you all seen the latest shampoo commercial? I forget what the brand it is but this blond is sitting as the guys are checking her strand of hair under a microscope.
So convince that her strand of hair is under the age of 30 they let go the woman meanwhile the woman is much older.
I couldn`t stop laughing. The things they will do to sell shampoo.
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2001 at 10:38am
Reply to message: 10.3282.1
It`s the same in the UK. We still have Andie McDowell doing the ad where she says "because I`m worth it" -you know the one - and I`m thinking `Andie who? What have you been in recently?` Later on, they had Jennifer Aniston advertising the same product. OK, so her hair`s in wonderful condition, but whose wouldn`t be with all the makeup and professional stylists that follow her around? In the end what is shampoo but liquid soap.
phil
Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 7:38am
Most of the ads are pretty good here in Australia, except this one from the US that is DREADFUL.

I think it sells Organics, and they are in a court room, then some people start singing and then the judge yells, "Order, Order", then says "Order me a few bottles of those". How lame!!

In Australia we only get some American ads and they are all bad. Really corny, blatant ads for selling. Australian ads tend to be witty and funny. Are all American ads like that, or is just the ones we get here in Australia are crap?? LoL.

What a funny discussion. =)
From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2001 at 4:26pm
There is a TV ad in the UK in which a girl says that it all seemed so natural, that it only took 20 minutes, that she is talking about - yes, not sex - but home colouring her hair. She then taunts the viewers by saying` Go on, you didn`t think I was a natural blonde, did you?`

I would draw members attention to Diane`s point, earlier in the year, that she could not see the attraction of hair dyes...` one color on the top, one at the side`. Who agrees with her? I hope to return to this point and explore it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2001 at 5:08pm
Reply to message: 10.3436.1
` I would draw members attention to Diane`s point, earlier in the year, that she could not see the attraction of hair dyes...` one color on the top, one at the side`. Who agrees with her? I hope to return to this point and explore it.

Hello James:

Hopefully people can shed some real insights to this trend. When you look at them it looks like someone poured one color on top of their hair and ran out of that color and pour another color right on top. It is not blended plus the original hair color is still under all that stuff. The funny part is one of the stylist I went to had this done and said that she couldn`t decide which color she prefered so she died each side a different color. I am not talking about the fun stuff that I seen the other day when this girl had blond hair and the ends were blue. I am talking about this look like someone got sprayed this one color and forgot to do the other side or was to cheap to buy all the same dye and use whatever they had lol
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2001 at 5:10pm
Reply to message: 10.3437.1
sorry I meant dyed the hair not died the hair lol. WE are created perfect when we are born and this is suppose to be nice???? lol
dianefromcanada
James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 12:44pm
What does `Lol ` mean?

Very happy to debate this issue but think we are at cross purposes. Shame

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2001 at 7:56am
Reply to message: 10.3441.1
lol means laughing online
dianefromcanada
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2001 at 8:19pm
Reply to message: 10.3426.1
I couldn`t agree with you more.
I have yet to find a shampoo that makes me want to roll around in an elevator moaning and groaning in a sexual manner.
Don`t the producers have any imagination?
Are they all men?
Lame, yes, good word.
Karen Marie
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2001 at 8:25pm
Reply to message: 10.3441.1
Hi James,

LOL means laughing out loud. Or some prefer lots of laughs.

Jennifer
JDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2001 at 3:09pm
Reply to message: 10.3282.1
There is an TV Advert in which 2 women chat and the one says that the other would look great as a blonde. Well, says the latter, I`ve never coloured my hair. So there and then - on a bus (!) - the act is done in full public view display. The coiffed then sails off the bus and is knocked down and possibly killed.

A classic-?
Samangus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2002 at 12:52pm
I can`t stand the Clairol herbal essence shampoo commercials either. And, to be honest, they don`t work that well at all. At least in my opinion.

Kathy
nbs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 6:08am

May I ask if you know the brand of the shampoo where this granddaughter with spikey hair gets a phone call that somebody's coming right now (most likely her grandmother), and she quickly has a shower and shampoos her hair and she'd walk down the and show her hair and her grandmother would be impressed at her decent (un-punky look); And, she looks real pretty and all that. All until she notices her tattoo or something.

THanks, please reply
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:41pm
im not sure.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 1:06am
no clue. try your local beauty supply store.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic