Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baldies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valinda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baldies
    Posted: March 25 2001 at 10:15pm
Are any other ladies besides me tired of seeing all of these bald-headed guys today? When is long hair going to be fashionable again for men?
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2001 at 8:53am
Reply to message: 10.3290.1
When both men and women stop being such conformists! I can`t say it often enough!
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2001 at 8:01pm
Do you really want long hair to be "in" for men. I remember the 70s, and look what we ended up with: the Mullet! Either that or Farrah-esque feather cuts - it really was "force-it" in our case. In my view, men don`t know how to wear long hair. Also our hairlines, being prone to recession, don`t always favour it. And don`t even get me started on ponytails!
phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 4:34am
Valinda, sorry, I am not a lady but I have my opinion to this theme. I think long hair on men is accepted better in society as in the 70th where it had a touch of revolution and I have also seen men with long hair who have the knowledge to manage it, and I have seen much more men with long or very long hair as in the 70th. Most of them had nice hair similar as the women usual have.

One week ago we had a chess match and one of the guys of the players had superlong hair down to his butt put into a ponytail. He had full hair and no problems with the well known male pattern baldness.

I myself prefer it to have long hair and I have learned something about hair care in the last year and I am accepted at work, in the chess club and at my homeplace (in general) from society with the long hair (now 12 inch long). I don`t think that long hair on men will be a general art of fashion in the near future, but if men want to keep it long I am hopefully it will be accepted, why it isn`t anymore this kind of revolution from the 70th. I hope that scientific progress will find a solution to help all men to have full long hair if they want it. I think only the Indians represent a population on earth which don`t has the overall problem of male pattern baldness.

wolfgang
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 6:39pm
Reply to message: 10.3294.1
In an ideal world, you wouldn`t be judged on such a trivial matter. If some guy doesn`t like short
hair on girls, or a girl doesn`t like long hair on guys (or vioce-versa!) that should be OK if it`s a
purely aesthetic opinion. But To say someone is less serious because they shy away from the
barber is another matter. About 450 years ago, long hair on men was all the rage. Today, in the
army, you get a stubby haircut on induction. In the British army until around 1808, you had to
have a braid with curls on the side, then greased over and powdered! Fashion shouldn`t play
such a big role in our lives. If you want to look like George W. Bush, that should be your choice.
If you want to look like Hendrix, you shouldn`t be automatically judged a hippie. We should have a
wider range of things to choose from.
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2001 at 8:21pm
I think part of the reason why a lot of men are wearing their hair short is that we`re seeing a bit of a neo-yuppie trend lately.. with cell phones and V-necks cleaning up the grunge look of a few years back. The problem is that long hair has the negative connotations of metal music and mullets.
Shaven heads have become stylish lately because a lot of musicians and athletes have been taking on the look, and it`s a flattering style to balding men. But I agree, bald heads do get irritating sometimes. Don`t get me wrong, I will acknowledge that some men look outstanding with no hair (but they usually look outstanding with hair, too) but there are also a bunch of shaven men who don`t look so hot. I find that black men, on average, suit the look better than white men, because they generally have wider faces and it looks better. I find that the men who suit the look least have really skinny faces.. But on a very rare occasion (probably 1 in 100 or more shaven men) I am absolutely drawn to a man with a chrome dome.. generally he eschews some sort of creative presence and has great eyes!

But by the same token, I love men with lots and lots of curls...

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic