Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why is it tough?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is it tough?
    Posted: April 07 2001 at 11:48am
Have you ever thought of the same thought that it seems to be tough to find a good stylist?
Years ago there was no problems finding someone that knew how to cut properly and style. Now a days it seems that most people I come across are so frustrated about their cuts and styles.
It makes me wonder what are the schools doing now that is so diffirent from the past that has affected the customer service industry?
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2001 at 5:51pm
Reply to message: 10.3310.1
Hello Diane, this is a very special day for me as it is exactly a year ago when I first posted a message on this site. Where has a year gone?
To try and answer your question, I think that hairdressers who both 1) have the necessary expertise, and 2) actually listen to what the customer wants, are very hard to come by these days. What is more, if people come across such a rare specimen, they are apt to jealously guard the secret for themselves, in a form of one-upmanship, so they alone have the key to better hair than their peers.
I don`t think the schools are doing any different to years ago. It`s just that, sadly, people are becoming more self-centred as time goes on and keep all the best stylists for themselves and a chosen few.
phil
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2001 at 8:12pm
Reply to message: 10.3312.1
Well, depending on when "used to be" refers to, it could also be that people tend to request a variety of styles. In most other decades up to the mid nineties, most women tended to favour a few similar styles. Even in the diversified 80s, the perm and big hair were still major components in styles. Now, layering has really become the biggest generality, and that is such a variable concept.. some people think of layers in terms of 80s pseudomullets, others like just a few layers to frame their face... highlights are another generic term that applies to so many different concepts. Maybe the difficulty is that there is just more variety in style now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic