Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can hair actually be sexy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can hair actually be sexy?
    Posted: April 07 2001 at 12:57pm
It was a posting on "Jerky Flea" which led me to this question.
The question was, "Who had the sexiest hair in a movie?" I just could not think of a recent one, and this made me wonder whether hair per se could actually BE sexy. I mean, it can be super-stylish, and in Hollywood it nearly always is. It can be striking in its color(s), asymmetry, avant-garde style, whatever. It can postively demand attention, and literally be "in your face", but can it actually be sexy, in the same way that clothes can?

My guess is no. I think clothes are sexy in what they reveal, and more so in what they don`t reveal as regards the whole body. Hair can only reveal the face.Thereby I have to admit it`s the face, and all which that reveals, which is the sexy bit, in my opinion anyway. In a way, I can see possibly why the shaved head fetishists get their kicks - the sexiness being in the full-on revelation.

So - Is hair sexy, or is it just the actress?
phil
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2001 at 11:35pm
Reply to message: 10.3311.1
The other day I was thinking of your questions when two blonds walked into the restaurant. Both had the same lenght of hair. The exception was that one had long bangs that covered her eyes from a distance and I thought maybe hair can be sexy when it is use as mystery? Just like clothes you know. I think it can be sexy because it drives the mind to imagine the color of the eyes etc.
dianefromcanada
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2001 at 12:38pm
It`s really a combination of both.

The hair, but also how the woman wears it. Diane`s suggestion of mysterious bangs could backfire on a mousy woman, who could look lost behind that hair.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2001 at 1:59pm
Yes, I think you are both right. It is all about the cut and how you wear it. I suppose what I mean is that while hair might not be intrinsically sexy, the actresses (ac-tresses?) make it so. Thanks very much for your replies.
phil
david2505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david2505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2001 at 8:40am
Since I was the one who posted that original question, I`ll tell you what I mean.

Hair can look sexy. It can be in the covering/mysterious way described elsewhere in this thread, or in a naked/exposed way of a short style or an up-do. You can look at it and imagine its softness, which leads to...

Hair can be sexy to the touch. You can run your fingers through soft hair and it feels good, to the person with the fingers and the person with the hair. Or your partner`s hair touching a sensitive part of your body can feel good (not just the intimate parts of the body either... my wife hugs me and her hair brushes against my neck and I get all aquiver)

Hair can smell good, or even just familiar. In our bathroom, the scent of my wife`s hair products remind me of her, even when she is not around.

Finally, hair can be an opportunity for consenting adults to incorporate domination/submission play into their intimate lifes. Styling or cutting somebody`s hair is a way of "marking," not all that different from wearing a wedding ring, or your boyfriend`s "letter sweater" or having your girlfriend`s name tattooed on your tush. It can denote giving or taking of power from one partner to the other. Power is, in some form or another, an aphrodesiac to many, whether it is power given or power taken. If you are curious about this, you might enjoy reading the stories on some haircut fetish sites (the best is http://www.xilef.ltd.uk/story_archive/, but reader beware, there are some REALLY intense forced and de-fem stories that are not to my taste and certainly not for the squeamish.)

The best insight into how I find hair sexy can be found in my own stories on that site, listed under my username.

Enjoy,
David
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2001 at 12:32pm
Reply to message: 10.3395.1
I think hair alone is not very interesting, it`s a kind of material but can not be sexy. If it is attached to a woman the situation is quite different. I think it is the woman who makes the hair sexy, and for me sometimes it really is. But I can also say that hair cuts that lead to some fashion styles don`t move anything in me, it is just the long natural flowing hair that attracts me. It gives me a feeling of freedom and independence I can not find otherwise.

wolfgang
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2001 at 10:38pm
You bet! Think especially of long, rippling waves on a woman`s head. Don`t those waves remind you of the curves on her body? Think Veronica Lake!

I think all components -- hair, face, body, clothing, and such make up sexuality together, of course. Often, though, a super short haircut is exhibited on a very young woman with extremely fine facial features and a thin body and proponents of this look claim it`s the hair. That kind of hair can be considered sexy on that type of a woman to some men. But a test to me is to cover up the face and body and ONLY look at the hair. All of a sudden a short cut looks butch and long hair on a moderately unattractive woman looks a lot more attractive.

Interesting, no?

Jennifer
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2001 at 8:17pm
Reply to message: 10.3446.1
Hi Jennifer T!

Welcome back to the Hair Boutique! It`s been awhile...

Your insight is very apt. I completely agree and you`ve put words to thoughts I`ve had, that I had not previously been able to do. Thank you.

And in response to the original query, yes hair can be sexy. Hair is one of a number of physical features. If any of those other physical characteristics could be considered sexy, then so can hair... and if hair cannot be considered sexy, then none of one`s other physical characteristics can either. But that notion falls flat on its face. Of course appearances can be sexy. So too, are things such as personality, voice, etc... but yes, hair can be sexy (and for more reasons than just appearance... such as feel and scent and...) :-)

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic