Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can gray hair be appreciated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 9:49am
Yes. Gray hair is fine, and the longer the better. Long hair of any color looks better than short hair of any color. That`s just my opinion, but I am sure the majority of American males would agree with me.
Bill R View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2002 at 2:12pm
Ananclaire, Let it Grow, Long, Gray and Beautiful. I am 43 and my wife is the same age. She has always worn her hair very long, about waist length now, and I have been her trusted stylist keeping her ends well groomed as well as enjoying the touch and feel of brushing out her hair for her . As the gray hairs started to appear a number of years ago, she asked if she should color her hair? I replied No, it is gorgeous as it is with some gray, it looks like streaks. A couple years later she asked if it was time to cut it all off and get a perm (aka turn her beautiful mane into one of those headhugger bird`s nests)? I told her no way! Because you are getter older and gray is no reason to ruin your beautiful hair. Well, it is still long, full, silky, brown, silver and extremely shiny. Alot of the younger guys give her second and third looks as they walk by. I tell her they are just admiring her natural beauty and I`m a lucky guy to have such a great looking wife. Maybe I am predjudice, but I appreciate a beautiful woman, especially one that has the strength of character to look beautiful and not be bullied by scissor happy, so called hairdressers.
Lansinggirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansinggirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 9:23am
I was flipping through the pages and I came across this thread. I know it's an older one, but I just posted one on product reviews about Jhirmack Silver Brightening shampoo. I'm going gray around the temple areas and I love it. I never thought that it would look as good as it does and the shampoo makes it so shiny. And, just yesterday a lady who admitted that she colors her hair blonde to hide the grays wished that she could go gray like me. She said that it was "so pretty". It's not that often that gray or graying hair is complemented. It should be. And much more often.

Take care!
Liz
Loving others is easy when you love
yourself. The first step is self-acceptance.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 11:04am
Wow, what an interesting thread...Thank you for bringing it back up Lansing...I hadn't read it yet.

I love grey hair, But I can't help loving the art of coloring hair also...

I think, there is nothing more beautiful than healthy shiny hair with a great cut.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2003 at 2:25pm
I am 37. About 20% of my hair is white, the rest is brown/black.
I totally adore my white hair and look forward to the day I have a whole head of white hair.
I am also growing it to its maximum possible length.
I applaud everyone who chooses to let nature take precedence as long as it is hygenic!!!

Recently, I have seen some young guys (OK, and a couple of women too) with awesome beards and some older guys with a lush cover of body hair.
Magnificent. Glorious.

Down with plastic surgery and cosmeceuticals.
Boo to all fakery and artifice.
We are all beautiful as we are.
We are all unique works of art.

Uzi

IRIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2003 at 9:36pm
I had noticed my first grey hair when I was around 16. I'm now 23 and have big streaks of white hair. I dye my hair to cover the grey. I have had complete strangers stare and ask what is wrong with me. I have grown out my grey hair and really liked the way it looked, but I just hate dealing with the questions people ask me. How old are you? Why is your hair grey? You need to see a doctor. Anyways if I was a little older I would stop dying my hair. I thinking the chemical in hair dye can dry out hair and make some women look even older.
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 9:21pm
I know that I'll most likely turn very grey within 10 years, if lucky 15, hopefully, there will be good dark silver dyes and hair products to go with them by then. I prefer someone with grey all over than someone whose real hair color we see in their eyebrows :P
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Moose Country View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Country Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 9:12am
Going Gray
Is hair color worth dyeing for?

by Tomi Knaefler

My hair is turning gray. It seems as soon as I turned 65 a couple years ago, word spread fast to my hair cells, and almost overnight, I sprouted a bumper crop of white hair.

I was fascinated on the one hand to see my face outlined with sort of a silver halo. On the other hand, I felt a bit panicky. I became aware that my female relatives and friends "colored" (as it's called these days) their hair. I asked them what they used and had them walk me through the process. I hate fussing with my hair, so I groaned at the prospect of such humbug. Noting my distress, my color advisers gave me temporary relief, saying that I should hold off doing anything until I had a greater population of white hair. I grabbed the reprieve.

And while waiting for this white takeover to occur, I did some research that took me into a strange new world. Whenever I lunched with a contemporary whose hair looked suspiciously dark, I popped her the hair quiz. One friend said she used a Japanese dye which is "so easy to apply. Just brush it on with a toothbrush about once a month." Another friend said, "Just use whatever's on sale. I'm not even particular about the color anymore."

A friend whose hair always looks perfect confided that her secret is a French potion. She generously shared some with me, along with powdered rubber gloves. I anxiously tried it out. And voila! Well the voila landed here and there on my face and clothes. I couldn't get the dark splotches off my face for a couple of days. And yet, I found that the dye rapidly faded when I washed my hair after my daily swim.

The same thing was true when I got my hair "done" by another friend's hairdresser. My friend had raved about the great job David does dying her hair. So I went to see David. He started me off with light chatter over a glass of bubbly apple cider. I enjoyed having him play with my hair, dabbing this and that sweet-smelling goop, all the while carrying on this wonderful gossip about who was having an affair with whom. Meanwhile, David managed to get some of the dye on my hair; however, it proved no better than the dye job I gave myself. The silver roots began showing in a few days.

After those experiments, I decided that dyeing, or coloring, or whatever, just wasn't for me. Besides, I started to like the silver look of, uh, maturity. And when I thought of the spectacular white hair of some of my friends, I decided that would be the way to go.

I still get a little startled, though, when I see a strand of white in my comb or on my sweater. My first thought is, "Oh, is that mine?" Ah, yes, it is.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic