Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

to mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to mark
    Posted: August 25 2001 at 11:14pm
hey...i just wanted to add a little comment about the comment you made in the other post about women seeming to be happier in a time where long hair was the standard. and i choose to disagree with that comment, based on the fact that i think women are happier now then they have ever been, b/c women feel like they have more of a choice now days then they did back then. and i think the only unhappy people or sex, is the males, and i think they are unhappy due to the women being more independent and making their own choices. and the only reason men think women arent happy is because women quit running to the male gender for support, so therefore since we are thinking more independent, men dont hear about our problems. geez, i dont get it, men- when we complain to them, they tell us we are whining, and when we quit complaining, its b/c we are unhappy??? women are handeling break ups better these days, they are handeling stress better, and they are handeling life better. we arent unhappy...at least im not. women back then were critizied more back then, then the women of today about their hair, and i think that makes all the difference :)
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2001 at 10:52am
Reply to message: 10.3456.1
Very interesting topic. I am a collector of antiques and last year I gained this correct social usage book that was publish in 1906. As I read this book I wished that we would still have manners. There is no respect now a days.
In some other ways I see that we gained so much more today. But at times I wonder when I hear how our lives are now especially when I hear on TV about this woman going to work with her baby and incidently leaving her baby in the car for the rest of the day because her life is so stressful with work that she couldn`t think straight and her child died while she really thought she dropped that baby off to the daycare that morning which is located in the same building as her work. How many men and women today ended up so stressed that they die of a heart of attack or a break down and can`t work. HOw many marriages do break up because of our lives.
When I think of those situations I think that life was a bit simplier and many times I tell myself and others that I wish I could just throw out every electronic device including electricty , gas etc but again we would freeze in Canada........ I know as a child my life was much simplier in the country. We trusted our neighbors but now..........................
It was more the life that we lead that made us happier than the hairstyle. Maybe our grandparents knew what was important and we don`t in life.
dianefromcanada
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2001 at 9:18pm
oh, i can totally see that. trust me, i would prefer horse and buggy over todays way of living lol. all i was saying is that back then, women cooked, cleaned, waited on her husband and children, and women probably were happy back then due to the fact that the idea of doing what she wanted to do was unfathomable. people dont realize that while life was simpler back then, during certain eras, if a women had short hair, she would be frowned upon by society and treated poorly. and about stress, while i agree with you to an extent, isnt it the truth that some people handle stress worse than others? i would think that if a person is so stressed out to the max that she left her child in a car unattended all day, she really needs help. stress should never reach that high of a level. and if its getting to that point, people need to stop, take a breath, recollect, and then go on with life. nothing in life is that important to get that stressed over. i was just pointing out, that i am glad women get to make more choices these days....as for living in the country, i am 20 and live in the boonies lol so trust me, i know about that, and i wouldnt trade it for city life any day :)
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2001 at 10:22pm
Reply to message: 10.3458.1
Surprising enough short hair was frown upon. In some ways thoughts about hair is reverse.
Yes the boonies are great and my stress the other day was when I went out the door and this deer was eating my hybrid lily. lol Supposely it is like candy to them.
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic