Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serious blondes and flirty brunettes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serious blondes and flirty brunettes.
    Posted: November 24 2001 at 11:41am
I don`t know what to think of this story which appeared on the BBC recently. A German girl decided to put an ad in a "lonely hearts" column, but as an experiment she decided to describe herself as a brunette in one ad and as a blonde in the other. When all replies were in, she found something very odd had happened. Almost without exception, the guys responding to the brunette were interested only in having affairs; and those writing to the blonde were nearly all after a more permanent relationship. I don`t know what this has to say about hair color, or men, or perhaps Germans, but I`d be interested in your opinions.
phil
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2001 at 3:25pm
Easy - it`s about Germans (generalizing as I am one) - over there the "exotic" look is more appealing. I even had "black" dolls - beautiful ones, not the insulting stuff you see some places, as a child.

Somehow the WW11 history doesn`t fit into the picture - but do not ask me for the logic...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2001 at 10:15pm
Reply to message: 10.3533.1
Germany, as we all know our history ,is based that people was more than encourage to marry blonde women and have blonde children etc. IN fact if they loved someone that wasn`t blonde they couldn`t get married nor they were allow by law to have children. They had a program about all this not long ago on TV. It was very interesting to learn all this. Check your history books. Thanks to their leader at the time.

Anyways the other thing is that we find things that are rarer more exciting. I find that we have more brunettes around than blonde so I would think that would explain why people here find blondes are flirty and fun to have afffars with. Over here you marry a brunette, flirt with the redhead but have the affair with the blonde. Over here I do find that women do take advantage of changing their hair color so that men take more notice.
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2001 at 7:20pm
Reply to message: 10.3536.1
Wow, Diane, is it true that it was actually on the statute book that you had to marry blondes? Boy were those WW2 lot strict! I`ll bet they sold enough peroxide to sink a battleship
Your comments on different hair colors is interesting. 20 years ago I flirted with a red head, married her, and well that`s been about it, really. I call her the redhead bedhead, but she`s not at all into hair so doesn`t really see the joke. Nowadays flirting just comes across as rather sad and as for affairs - hah! Chance would be a fine thing! (Only joking.) Ageing, eh - who`d put up with it?
phil
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2001 at 9:35pm
Reply to message: 10.3537.1
Wow, Diane, is it true that it was actually on the statute book that you had to marry blondes? Boy were those WW2 lot strict! I`ll bet they sold enough peroxide to sink a battleship

Yes Phil it was true and one couldn`t fool anyone with the peroxide because one had to bring in the papers of ancestors to prove that there was lots of blonde people in that family. I was shock but it is true. It was a document program about it on the history channel which we watch often. There was this man who spoke up and said that he was in love with this brunette but at the time the law forbid it because she wasn`t blonde. Another person wanted to marry this blonde but in her family it showns that she also had brunettes so they were also refused to be married. They expected those true decended blonde people to find other true blonde people have children. Remember it is all part of the history when the leader wanted blonde people.
dianefromcanada
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2001 at 11:03pm
Reply to message: 10.3538.1
it was even taught in school to the children what the perfect german was suppose to look like with blonde hair, blue eyes and fair complexsion. even the kindergartin age kids where exposed to this philosophy.
if you were a member of the ss your was almost and picked for u by the party and u were married in a special ss ceromony.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2001 at 11:06pm
Reply to message: 10.3539.1
i meant to say your wife was hand picked for you and you were married in a special ss ceremony. sorry for the typo.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic