Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Poll - guys only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Poll - guys only
    Posted: January 21 2002 at 9:15am
My wife thinks I am weird because I like short hair on women. She believes that I am one of only a very few who thinks this way. I thought I would do a poll to see the results (obviously, I think that it is not that uncommon...but we will see) If you would respond to the following questions (guys only please since that is what I am testing) I would appreciate it.

1. Do you prefer (in general) women`s hairstyles that are short (chin length and up), medium (just below chin length to top of shoulders), or long (shoulders down)?
2. Which age group do you fall in?
(less than 25, 25 - 40, above 40)
3. Any comments you want to add...
StA Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StA Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 2:45pm
1. Medium

2. less than 25

3. This I feel is the most verstaile length - I love it, down to about the collar bone even.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 6:20pm
Breaking the rules lol

Okay Mr. short and blonde prefer taste there are tons of men who love women with short hair including my boyfriend. This hits home especially last weekend when my boyfriend actually walked in the bathroom with scissors and teased me that he was going to cut my long hair. ( he wished that I had medium lenght hair and my late husband wanted my hair to be like Crystal Gale) I said that if he tries that again I will phone my favorite warrior "Steven Segal" and beg him to be my buddy guard for one day and allow Mr. Segal show me his Japanese moves on him. ( I love that sexy pony tail guy)

It really hurt my feelings and he heard about it in three diffirent languages including not so nice words. I was peaved. ( I never told any man to change) We all have our little desires like ( Steven Segal ) but what REALLY IS MORE IMPORTANT is the love that you share with your wife. Who cares about the length of her hair. If she died tomorrow like what happened to me finding one day that I was a widow does it really matter what color, length or whatever it was all about? Noone will ever replace that love. It is love that really matters and finding or holding on to that special person is more important than hair. Please please do not hurt her feelings. Treasure her. YOu are not the only guy in this world that happen to like short hair there are tons of guys and women that prefer it.

dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 11:30am
1 - long

2 - Less than 25 (or if we wanna be real nitpicky, 22, 3 months, 3 weeks, 1 day lol)

3 - long, clean, straight hair is beautiful. But that doesn`t mean I don`t like short hair too. Neat bobs
are nice also

Wow, Diane, that is a wacky story! Watchit, consider this guy carefully. Was he just joking or was
he trying to be controlling?
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2002 at 3:34pm
Below shoulders is long? Maybe its about definitions..... :o)

25-40, *very* long.

Robert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2002 at 10:56pm
1. long
2. 25-40
3. What difference does it make? No poll results are going to change the way you or your wife feel about the subject. I personally hate makeup, and it doesn`t matter how many other men agree or disagree with me, I still hate it.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2002 at 6:57am
short
25-40
I love short short hair on women...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 2:45pm
I like stylish, trendy hair... so that trend to be shorter! Ok yes I love short hair!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

Breaking the rules lol

Okay Mr. short and blonde prefer taste there are tons of men who love women with short hair including my boyfriend. This hits home especially last weekend when my boyfriend actually walked in the bathroom with scissors and teased me that he was going to cut my long hair. ( he wished that I had medium lenght hair and my late husband wanted my hair to be like Crystal Gale) I said that if he tries that again I will phone my favorite warrior "Steven Segal" and beg him to be my buddy guard for one day and allow Mr. Segal show me his Japanese moves on him. ( I love that sexy pony tail guy)

It really hurt my feelings and he heard about it in three diffirent languages including not so nice words. I was peaved. ( I never told any man to change) We all have our little desires like ( Steven Segal ) but what REALLY IS MORE IMPORTANT is the love that you share with your wife. Who cares about the length of her hair. If she died tomorrow like what happened to me finding one day that I was a widow does it really matter what color, length or whatever it was all about? Noone will ever replace that love. It is love that really matters and finding or holding on to that special person is more important than hair. Please please do not hurt her feelings. Treasure her. YOu are not the only guy in this world that happen to like short hair there are tons of guys and women that prefer it.

Ease up on the poor guy... guys are visual, girls are emotional... as note by your temper..lol He does love and treasure you... but wants you to change your look... what if he wore the same shirt every day...cut your hair make him happy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 6:28pm
Excuse me like cutting one`s hair would make someone happy. That`s a good one! lol
That has nothing to do with happeness buddy and the sooner you learn this the better in life you will be. Since when controling someone`s else choices make someone happy. The biggest gift in life is when we allow someone to be themselves. I would love to see that white hair leave his head but he doesn`t care to dye it and I haven`t pushed the issue.

The only thing you have right is that he does love my very passionate personality!!!!
dianefromcanada
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2002 at 8:09am

Excuse me like cutting one's hair would make someone happy. That's a good one! lol
That has nothing to do with happeness buddy and the sooner you learn this the better in life you will be. Since when controling someone's else choices make someone happy. The biggest gift in life is when we allow someone to be themselves. I would love to see that white hair leave his head but he doesn't care to dye it and I haven't pushed the issue.

The only thing you have right is that he does love my very passionate personality!!!!

Well... Like ... Yeha! You are the one that said your boyfriend wanted to cut your hair... You said "The biggest gift in life is when we allow someone to be themselves" that doesn`t change the fact that your BF doesn`t like your hair. My GF changes her hair to please me all the time... She loves showing off her new styles to me. Bet you don`t let you BF be himself... if you did you`d cut your her... after all shouldn`t you let him be who he is... or does that only apply to you.
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2002 at 10:25am
Hal, there is no point to this. People should accept each other for what they are, and not try to dictate
this kind of thing. Yes, it`s a nice gesture to change one`s appearance to please one`s partner. But it
should be optional. Dianne has long hair for a reason. She`s respecting her boyfriend`s right to not dye
his hair. He should respect hers to keep it long. Appearance does matter, but basically, when you date
someone, what you see is what you get.

Colonel Doe
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2002 at 6:03pm
OK since there are gals here, I can honestly answer for my husband. ;)

1. used to be long, swore that was what he wanted.

2. 32

3. I used to have long hair. I was growing it back to original length (thigh) and had it to bra length when we were in an auto accident and I had to cut it. Well, "Mr. Never Cut Your Hair" can`t keep his eyes off me, nor his hands, and swears the cut is the sexiest thing he has seen. My neck is not safe from this man now. LOL

Go figure, to each their own.
Trix
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2002 at 11:01am
Hal:

The fact that I won`t cut my hair in my relationship will not end the relationship. It will not change how he or I feel about each other. He is a real man and not a shallow man that feels that his girlfirend needs to fill all his wishes or the relationship will fall apart or he will feel insecure about love. I have no use was such men. I love a man that is has his two feet on the ground and he is very manly that way. It is only his fantasy( that could be fulfilled with a wig ) and it is not that my hair is gross or whatever. IN fact many people have complimented me on my hair etc but again that is no concerns to you . I was also offered some modeling assignment in my city because of my hair and felt that the clothing would show nicely against it and turn them down because I am earthly and not showy. I am very shy when put in those situation so I don`t. We all have fantasies like I would like him to look like Steven Seagel with that tiny ponytail and all that martial arts but its reality. (mind you I heard STeven Seagel might be divorced hum just kidding) You brought up the clothing topic which was a total useless arguement with because for eighteen years my late husband wore grey sweat pains on his days off and it never bothered me.
Now back to your useless message to me. What is your problem anyways. YOu are the one that was telling me to cut my hair.
You are so gun hold about it. Grow up. I`m not your girlfriend, you wouldn`t know how to handle me. I don`t like little boys. YOu sound like high maintenance type of person having to always reassure your standing in the relationship. Plus flash news bud, your girlfriend might say that she is changing those styles for you but the reality is that she wouldn`t if she felt those styles made her look ugly. There isn`t one woman on earth that does that. Also I never pushed my boyfriend to dye his hair. His version of short according to his fantasies toward me is to have it below the shoulders. He says that he prefers shorter styles but the reality is that he couldn`t have hated long hair all that much especially when his first wife had longer hair than I and he is the one that asked me out knowing full well that thick hair wasn`t a wig!

dianefromcanada
JPD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2002 at 6:52pm
Short, short, short!!!

Preferably with playful, feathery curls at the nape!!!

Actually, it depends on her face shape, hair texture, etc. Different lengths suit different women. Don`t try to put an ultra-modern extension on a beautiful Victorian home just because you like modern.

Still, I do love to run my fingers through short hair.

30 years old
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 3:12pm

Hal:

The fact that I won't cut my hair in my relationship will not end the relationship. It will not change how he or I feel about each other. He is a real man and not a shallow man that feels that his girlfirend needs to fill all his wishes or the relationship will fall apart or he will feel insecure about love. I have no use was such men. I love a man that is has his two feet on the ground and he is very manly that way. It is only his fantasy( that could be fulfilled with a wig ) and it is not that my hair is gross or whatever. IN fact many people have complimented me on my hair etc but again that is no concerns to you . I was also offered some modeling assignment in my city because of my hair and felt that the clothing would show nicely against it and turn them down because I am earthly and not showy. I am very shy when put in those situation so I don't. We all have fantasies like I would like him to look like Steven Seagel with that tiny ponytail and all that martial arts but its reality. (mind you I heard STeven Seagel might be divorced hum just kidding) You brought up the clothing topic which was a total useless arguement with because for eighteen years my late husband wore grey sweat pains on his days off and it never bothered me.
Now back to your useless message to me. What is your problem anyways. YOu are the one that was telling me to cut my hair.
You are so gun hold about it. Grow up. I'm not your girlfriend, you wouldn't know how to handle me. I don't like little boys. YOu sound like high maintenance type of person having to always reassure your standing in the relationship. Plus flash news bud, your girlfriend might say that she is changing those styles for you but the reality is that she wouldn't if she felt those styles made her look ugly. There isn't one woman on earth that does that. Also I never pushed my boyfriend to dye his hair. His version of short according to his fantasies toward me is to have it below the shoulders. He says that he prefers shorter styles but the reality is that he couldn't have hated long hair all that much especially when his first wife had longer hair than I and he is the one that asked me out knowing full well that thick hair wasn't a wig!

lol... you get worked up pretty easy uh?
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 3:30pm
Well I started this (light hearted) poll to find out for my curiosity if - as my wife puts it - I`m the only guy who likes short hair. Except for a couple of people taking this way too personal, I found out that overall, it was a split between long and short hair preference. While there wasn`t enough response to get true statistical significance, I did find it interesting that there were hardly any medium votes. Seems like people have a strong preference one way or another. Funny, the women I see the most wear their hair in a medium style. (see first message to find my definition of medium)
Thanks for the responses - time to move on!!!
z7uio2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z7uio2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 6:29pm
1. short
2. less than 25
3. i best like pixie-shortcuts, with some trendy hairclips added
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2002 at 4:10pm
1. Long

2. I am 50

3. I am married to a woman with long blond hair. Before I was married, I never dated any shorthaired women. I prefer to do business with women whose hair is long. Many shorthaired women "have an attitude" which I find disagreeable.
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2002 at 1:22pm
Explain yourself, Mr. Lynch! Do you ever DISCRIMINATE against women with short hair? I have
known people of both sexes with various lengths of hair, and it ultimately has no effect on their
character, so how do you reckon? Please elaborate!

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders Militia for Freedom and Democracy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic