Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rollers in hair. Is it sexy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rollers in hair. Is it sexy?
    Posted: January 27 2002 at 4:14pm
I will never understand this. When I was growing up most women in my town wouldn`t be seen without makeup. It was like it a crime but what really made me giggle as a child was when we would go grocery shopping and a lot of the same women who wouldn`t be seen without makeup had absolutely no problems being seen with rollers in their hair and tried to cover the whole appearance with a silk scarf of some sorts. I will still wonder if it really didn`t matter or what it the fact they were announcing to the town that they had this special occassion that night and let everyone know that they were going out to it. It`s a funny memory for me especially being from a tiny village that means that one couldn`t hang their panty on a clotheline without everyone in town knowing what size or color your underwwear was. ( okay an expression but I think you know what I mean)
Please have fun with this fun sharing your thoughts or maybe you have some funny experiences with rollers.
dianefromcanada
longhairdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2002 at 2:15am
It all depends, if I see my grandma in rollers and her moomoo, then HELL no, but if my girlfriend trots around the house naked with hair rollers in her hair, then Ohhh yes is it sexy! She also thinks I am sexy with just a tool belt around my waist and no clothes. So I guess it depends on the situation!

Kyle
long hair guy(me) + cute babes = fun
times!
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2002 at 10:18am
HELL NO!!!

two words come to my mind "TRAILER PARK"
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2002 at 3:46pm
Well I don`t think anyone ever said "I just love those sexy rollers", but that isn`t to say that they can`t be sexy. I guess it depends on the person. Like when my granny wore them, no it wasn`t,but when a friend with long blonde hair wears huge oversize ones to achieve that perfect face- framing inward "flick" - oooooohh!!!
Mind you I think gappy teeth are sexy too so maybe I`m strange.
phil
Nancy999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 12:31pm
No. Curlers are ugly and should never be worn in public. Why are they waiting for some event where their hair will look good? Why dont they live their life now?
markluvscurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markluvscurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2002 at 12:41pm
I absolutely love seeing women in rollers or having there hair permed! Maybe its a fetish but, so what? Is harmless and its different and I think thats a good thing. Remember, hair can be very boring...and thats sad!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2002 at 12:24pm
I totally agree with you that hair can be very boring at times.
dianefromcanada
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2002 at 10:45am
LOL. That reminds me of when I was young.
My mother used to wear one of those dryer bonnets.
You know, the ones that look like amplified shower caps with the long hose coming out of the back/side that plugs into the dryer attachment part?

So funny. We went to a fast food restaurant one time and my mother stayed in the car because she had the dryer on her head, (making her look like alien spawn. :lol)
So, I go up to the counter to order and these guys behind me say, "Is that your mother?"
When I replied it was they started laughing and asked "What is THAT on her head?"

Ah, the memories.

My grandmother used to do the rollers with the kerchief on. She said it was because her hair took all day to dry & she wasn`t going to just sit inside all day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2002 at 10:39pm
Oh do I ever remember that dryer bonnet. Ours was pink. Okay good story Lucky as I am on the floor laughing so hard.
dianefromcanada
Geoff View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2002 at 2:23pm
Well, growing up many of the guys around me didn`t think a girl in her rollers was sexy. But the
world is a place filled with all kinds of styles & tastes. For me nothing was ever sexier than seeing
a pretty young girl set in med to jumbo rollers. For
me, she could wear her hair that way all the time
but being practial she would probably need to take
her rollers out once in a while when she went out in public with her bouffant styled updo. ;-)
Geoff
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2002 at 12:31pm
Who needs to use rollers anymore? I didn`t know anyone was still doing that.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
TONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 5:12pm
Its been a couple years since this was posted, but I've found more men and women who like to set their hair, fetish, hair interests, what ever, for many, its very attractive.  For many men a woman rolling her hair can be very sexy.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 6:42pm
The company that invents a roller that is acceptable to be seen in public will be rich.
TONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 6:52pm
As a young boy, in the late 50's, I grew up with my mother giving me home permanents every 2-3 months and setting my hair with pins, clips and rollers from ages 5-11. I never wanted it, never liked it, never enjoyed it, never accepted it, but in high school I understood what was done to me, with both bitterness and excitement, but thinking I was the only boy ever to have this done, I have since found hundreds of men and women who find a great joy and excitement in permanents, in hair sets and post and talk openly with it, both Gay and straight, cross dressers and just men who care for their hair.  Its  not 'grandma's doing anymore. Those who care, will find the right tools and applications to look good if they so desire.
Traci_cheer07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traci_cheer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 6:14pm

Oh god, I don't know if it's sexy but I do know there's lots of men who enjoy seeing women in their rollers!

As a former cheerleader I had to appear in public quite often in my rollers, and while I never got over being embarassed I didn't worry about it too much after a while. My daughters and I are in rollers quite often, even my son uses them, and while we try not to go out in public in them we're not ashamed of taking care of our hair either! (Luckily my husband finds them kinda sexy ....) My son has had to go out in his rollers just a few times and he'd die if any of his friends saw him -- but he'll also have his hair done at the salon and sit under the dryer in rollers!Smile

I think if you are discreet about it, who cares if you go to the market or run a few errands in your rollers? I've definitely noticed them 'coming back' these last few years and I don't think for younger folks they have the stigma they did for us Boomers. I for one applaud anyone, guy or gal, who's willing to wear rollers to achieve a beautiful hairdo!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic