Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are pigtails ok for boys?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
priyanka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priyanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are pigtails ok for boys?
    Posted: May 04 2002 at 8:19am
Dear members,

I was delighted at the response my last post on this message board got. And let me tell you it was also one healthy discussion.

I would like to know from you members if it is ok for boys to have pigtails. And are boys in longer hair styles usually well behaved than boys with short hair. Hope we have a good discussion on this subject.

Thanks
Bahamut View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahamut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2002 at 9:04am
Well, I`m a guy who has just started growing his hair, and I don`t recon that there is anything wrong with pigtails/braids on a guy, as long as they are neat etc.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2002 at 12:22pm
Priyanka, you seem to want to judge boys on the basis of appearance. Behavior will not likely be that
related to hair length. May I ask what are your plans with the child you are adopting - to force him to
wear hair a certain length? You did not participate much in the lively discussion you started, and seemed
to ignore our comments regarding how parents treat their children. What IS your opinion?
priyanka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priyanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2002 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

Priyanka, you seem to want to judge boys on the basis of appearance. Behavior will not likely be that
related to hair length. May I ask what are your plans with the child you are adopting - to force him to
wear hair a certain length? You did not participate much in the lively discussion you started, and seemed
to ignore our comments regarding how parents treat their children. What IS your opinion?

Dear Duke,

I am never going to force the child i adopt to do anything that they don`t want to. If somebody did that, it would be really a mean thing to do to your own child.

I have studied human psychology deeply. Andd it is true that when you compare a boy who has very long hair against a boy who has a crew cut, you will 99% of the time find that the boy with long hair is rather weel behaved that the other.

I hope it answers your question duke.

Thanks
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2002 at 11:52pm
I have studied human psychology deeply. Andd it is true that when you compare a boy who has very long hair against a boy who has a crew cut, you will 99% of the time find that the boy with long hair is rather weel behaved that the other.

hmm I wonder how did they even made this conclusion? What age group was that? What length of hair was that? Interesting since hardly any boys have very long hair so what is your version of long hair? If a boy would come to school with pigtails in my area he would be going home crying for sure.
dianefromcanada
priyanka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priyanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2002 at 5:57am
Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

hmm I wonder how did they even made this conclusion? What age group was that? What length of hair was that? Interesting since hardly any boys have very long hair so what is your version of long hair? If a boy would come to school with pigtails in my area he would be going home crying for sure.

Dear diane,

I think you did not get my posting properly. I did not mean that boys with pigtails behave better. I know a boy can never go to school in pigtails.

In the original post I have asked if it is ok for boys to have pigtails. But not at school.

And as far as the human psychology goes, its a general conclusion. If you do want I can post some links to articles on human psychology to prove my point.

You may also visit my home page to find out more about my self at

http://www.geocities.com/pri_29_2000/indianbeauty.html

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2002 at 7:24am
only if you are or wish to be labeled as a homosexual.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2002 at 3:59pm
We`ve had all this last year about moms wanting their boy-children with "cute" girly styles. Have you given any thought about how he will be teased by his peers. Children are very cruel. Only do it if you want him to grow up with a complex.
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic