Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut & Perm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut & Perm?
    Posted: June 18 2002 at 6:17am
Hi, my name is Anna, I`m 37 years old and live in Southern England. I have reasonably long hair that reaches my bra strap.

My Great Gran is not a fan of long hair and as a result has been nagging me for years to have my hair cut short and permed. Her view is that now I`m a married adult woman, I should lose the "little girl" long hair and adopt a more mature short & curly style.

Although her nagging has always been in fun and she has never been nasty or put me under pressure, about 10 years ago I conceeded that one day she might get her wish and I promised that if she reached a 100 years old, I would attend her birthday party looking very respectable with short curly hair.

Unfortunately, due to poor health, it looks highly unlikely that we will be throwing that birthday party and I`m now in a quandry. We are travelling to London to visit my Great Gran at the weekend to celebrate her 98th birthday and I`m wondering if it might be nice if I had my hair done. My "Nana" has been the most wonderful person in the world to me and I would love to bring a great big smile to her face by presenting myself to her with as she`d describe "a neat little head of short curly hair". Although it would have been really scary, I would have kept my promise and done it for her 100th, but should I do it for her 98th?

I have spoken to my husband and although he thinks the style that I would go for is very conservative and would probably make me look a little plain, he says that he supports me in what I want to do. I am 98% sure that I should do it, but would really appreciate peoples comments on what I should do and what the experience is likely to be for me as I`ve never had my hair cut short or had it curly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic