Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut & Perm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut & Perm?
    Posted: June 18 2002 at 6:20am
Hi, my name is Anna, I`m 37 years old and live in Southern England. I have reasonably long hair that reaches my bra strap.

My Great Gran is not a fan of long hair and as a result has been nagging me for years to have my hair cut short and permed. Her view is that now I`m a married adult woman, I should lose the "little girl" long hair and adopt a more mature short & curly style.

Although her nagging has always been in fun and she has never been nasty or put me under pressure, about 10 years ago I conceeded that one day she might get her wish and I promised that if she reached a 100 years old, I would attend her birthday party looking very respectable with short curly hair.

Unfortunately, due to poor health, it looks highly unlikely that we will be throwing that birthday party and I`m now in a quandry. We are travelling to London to visit my Great Gran at the weekend to celebrate her 98th birthday and I`m wondering if it might be nice if I had my hair done. My "Nana" has been the most wonderful person in the world to me and I would love to bring a great big smile to her face by presenting myself to her with as she`d describe "a neat little head of short curly hair". Although it would have been really scary, I would have kept my promise and done it for her 100th, but should I do it for her 98th?

I have spoken to my husband and although he thinks the style that I would go for is very conservative and would probably make me look a little plain, he says that he supports me in what I want to do. I am 98% sure that I should do it, but would really appreciate peoples comments on what I should do and what the experience is likely to be for me as I`ve never had my hair cut short or had it curly.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 11:51am
Wow - that is a quandry! Here are my thoughts.
Doing it would be a great gesture of your love and respect for her and hair does grow back....
If you are unsure, how about just a short cut and skip the perm. I`m sure your Great Gran would see the cut as a wonderful show of your love and probably not worry about the perm part. You could tell her that if she sticks around you will get a perm later (next year...?) Of course the later depends on how she would receive that statement (depends on the person and family...)
While I don`t understand it fully, I do know that people become very attached to their hair and losing it might seem like losing a limb. Again, hair does grow back and the smile you probably will get will make you and your Great Gran very happy.
Anna- with short curly hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna- with short curly hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2002 at 1:19pm
Hi,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for your help and advice.
I’m afraid that I went against most people’s advice and yesterday went and had my hair done!
After much thought I concluded that as my Nana doesn’t have a great length of time left I’d better act quickly. As if I were to say my last goodbye to her with my long hair in tact I would feel that I had let my Nana and myself down. By then it would be too late and rather than possibly regretting having cut my hair, I would end up definitely regretting that I had not cut my long hair off. This would be terrible and would probably lead to me disliking myself AND my hair.
With these thoughts in mind, my quandary was over and it was off to the hairdressers! I wasn’t scared in the slightest as I entered the hairdressers with my long hair (although you’d think I would be) as by this time I no longer wanted my hair, it was strange because although I loved my long hair, I just wanted it gone! I explained to the hairdresser about my promise and that I wanted a style that would be considered conservative and respectable by my Nana. The hairdresser was very good, she didn’t try to talk me out of it but merely commenced cutting off and then perming my hair into a style my Nana would approve of.
I left the salon looking very different to the way I entered. I felt quite naked as I faced the world for the first time minus my long locks, which had been replaced with my now very conservative short curly hairstyle. The fashionable long haired me was no more, she had been replaced with the new prim and proper me, I definitely had a “neat little head of hair”, just as my Nana had wanted.
I can’t say that I like my new look. I definitely miss my long hair and I don’t look or feel as pretty without it. I think I look older and having been given such a conservative style, I do feel like I’ve become rather plain and dowdy. That said, my husband has been really supportive and my mum loves it. Most of importantly, the smile that I received from my Nana as I presented myself to her with “my neat little head of short curly hair” was the most wonderful smile I’ve ever received and confirmed to me that I’d done the right thing. Do I miss my long hair? Yes. Do I regret having it cut short and permed? No. Do I like looking and feeling like a Plane Jane? Not really, but right now I wouldn’t want to look any other way and I will retain my conservative short curly hairstyle until I’ve said my final goodbye to my Nana, which I hope won’t happen for a very long time, by which time I may have got used to it and decided that I like it. Thanks for reading and your support, Anna.
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2002 at 2:26pm
Anna, while I must applaud your kindness, I am
perplexed that you would keep you hair in this
style for the rest of your Nana`s life. Fortunately
we live in an era that, despite a certain
ammount of pressure to conform, does not
treat women who refuse to have short curled
hair as less serious. Hardly anyone wears such
hair anyway. So now that you delighted your
Nana, why not go back to being yourself? With
all due respect to Nana, who is clearly a fine
lady, you could have avoided making the
drastic promise you did and instead tried to
gently teach her that we do not live in an era where it is considered inproper for a married
woman to cut of beautiful hair etc. If you
wanted to please her this once, fine, but why
bind yourself for the rest of her life?

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders
Militia for Freedom and Democracy
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2002 at 3:48pm
What we will not do for the name of love

Fifteen years ago my father was told that he only had six month to a year to live. All he wanted was to be a grandfather. Being in a marriage for five years at the time I purposely rushed to get pregnant hoping that the news would encourage my father to live and fight for his life. When I announced within two months that he was going to be a grandfather he died within two weeks from that time. He held my hands moments before dying and said "take care of my grandchild `"

I know how you feel Anna. Play with your hair, try something diffirent, talk to your grandmother and explain your feelings. She will understand your love and the gesture.
dianefromcanada
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 12:26pm
Hi

I just wanted to thank Diane and the Colonel for their kind support and for their concerns and advice, I really am grateful.
With regard to becoming a slave to my new style, regrettably this will not happen. My Nana is terminally ill and unfortunately it is only a matter of a very short amount of time before I will have no choice but to say goodbye. It was wishful thinking on my part that I would have time to grow used to "the new me", but in reality, my perm will not have grown out, let alone relaxed by the time of her funeral (although we can pray for miracles). I therefore agree completely that in normal circumstances I shouldn’t bind myself to looking plain and dowdy, but on the basis that it is only for a very short period of time (we’re expecting a month at most), I shall happily keep myself looking this way until Nana has gone. Yes, I shall be doing this for my Nana, but just as importantly, for me! The day of the funeral is nearly upon us and although I shall be deeply sad, I will at the same time be incredibly proud to attend looking very respectable (in my Nana’s eyes) with my short curly hair having been neatly set in a more mature, conservative style. With regard to Diane’s suggestion that I should “play”, this I fully intend to do. Once the funeral is over, I will go back to my normal hairdresser and have my hair cut into a younger style.
The strange thing is that although the initial reason for having my hair cut off was to bring a smile to my Nana’s face, it has also made me happy. Not just because I feel I’ve done the right thing, but surprisingly because I have found out that I actually quite like having short hair. This weekend has been quite hot and it’s been so nice not to have hair getting in my face or to have to tie my hair back and it’s been so much cooler. Also, I’ve saved an age in doing my hair. I washed it for the first time last night and rather than taking the best part of an hour to style, I let it dry naturally and without doing anything whatsoever it naturally dried into a mass of short curls which look really neat and tidy. It also saved me loads of time this morning because rather than waste an hour sorting my hair, there was nothing to do, I awoke and my curls still looked perfectly fine! So, maybe I’ll stay short and maybe I’ll stay curly, but I’ll be definitely having a younger style in a little while. In the mean time, I am booked in for a shampoo and set for Wednesday which is the next time I visit the hospital and I will walk out of the hairdressers feeling very pleased with and happy for myself, that I shall be wearing my short curly hair in a style that makes me look plain, dowdy and respectable. Thanks again, Anna
Mark UK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 4:29am
I have just read your thread and must say that I am deeply touched by your generous act, your courage and your selflessness. From what you have said, I am sure that not only have you made your Nana very happy and proud, but you’ve also done the right thing by yourself. From the sounds of things, if you had not had your hair done, you would probably regret that you’d allowed the chance to pass you buy, which could have led to you resenting your long hair for a very long time. At least now, when the time is right, you can grow your hair long again and be happy with your long locks rather than be resentful of them. On a curious note, it must be 2 weeks or so since you had your hair done and I was wondering how you’ve been coping with what must be a big change in life. I’m sure that many things have changed, some for the better, some for the worse. I was wondering if you would share your experiences of being a curly head, the way that people have reacted to you, the way you feel about yourself and your appearance. There must be huge differences e.g. you can no longer use your opening statement of “Hi, my name is Anna, I`m 37 years old and live in Southern England. I have reasonably long hair that reaches my bra strap”, how does this feel and how would you now open? I really would like to hear your views and experiences. Congratulations again on your selfless gesture and thank you for sharing it with us.
Mark
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2002 at 6:48pm
From reading your posts, I am to assume that when you posted the first message, you were not aware that your Great Gran was terminally ill, whereas you were by the time of the second post. In that case, then the reward you will have gained from seeing the smile on her face when you presented her with your "new" haircut, is priceless and will last forever, a rare prize indeed. Will you grow it again now, or keep it short as a testament to your Great gran? Sounds to me like one of those "life changing moments".
phil
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 10:16am
Hello Mark, thank you for your kind messages and for taking an interest in my situation. I am very happy to answer your questions and share my experiences, so here goes:- MARK, you are right, things have changed quite dramatically and if I were to open a new thread, it would probably go like this; “Hi, my name is Anna and I have short, tight curly hair”. There have been too many experiences to list, but here are a few. I have had a really good reaction from my friends and colleagues, although everybody was shocked at my transformation, when I explained why I did it, I think most were touched and very supportive. Surprisingly, a fair number of people have said that they like my new look and a few have gone as far as to say that they prefer the new me, Steve, my husband included! One thing I hadn’t taken into consideration was that it wasn’t just going to be my hair that was to change. As a result of my hair becoming quite conservative in style, I have been forced to tone down the rest of my appearance; such as clothes, makeup and jewellery. Whereas I used to feel completely comfortable wearing dressy jewellery, short skirts and cropped tops, now it makes me feel uncomfortable. I now feel more relaxed with just a touch of makeup, simple jewellery and longer, fuller skirts and tops. It seems that my whole persona and body language has changed, according to a close friend of mine, I no longer seem to be the brash “in your face” type person of old and although I am still confident, my appearance and body language has become that of a more basic, mature, gentle and caring person, which I guess is no bad thing. I must admit, I do feel that my body language has changed, I don’t feel sheepish, but I do feel more gentle with regard to the way that I hold myself and with regard to how I treat others. I no longer feel that I’m the centre of attention and the life and soul of the party, but I do feel that my natural personality is shining through. There have been lot’s of positive benefits. On a practical note, I have never felt more neat, tidy and presentable. I spend a tenth of the time I used to spend on hair and makeup and without a doubt look far more presentable than I ever did. I know that I now look “plain & respectable” in comparison to “pretty and sassy”, and although I am still very surprised to say this, but when I look in the mirror, I very much prefer the reflection of the neat and tidy presentable woman I have become, it feels more natural and I feel so much more comfortable. I also, without a doubt, love the fact that I am much quicker in getting ready, and so does Steve! Although it is strange for someone who has been used to being the centre of attention to say this, but I love walking down the street and no one taking any notice of me. There is a major construction site up the road from where I work and before I had my hair done, you could guarantee that I’d get at least one wolf whistle everyday. Since I’ve had my hair done I haven’t received one whistle, people must now view me to be an ordinary, plain and simple person and that, feels really good! On a practical note, I very much like sport and love to swim and do aerobics. A huge benefit for me now is that I can go swimming during my lunch hour, I could never do this before because it used to take so long to dry my hair and I’d return to work looking a complete mess. However, with my poodle/bubble cut, I can swim for most of my lunchtime, and not worry about my hair because I know that by the time I’ve walked back to work it will have dried naturally and whether I like it or not, I will be looking neat and tidy with “my neat little head of hair”. With regard to work, my “new” haircut and change of appearance has gone down really well. I work for a bank as a customer adviser, and I’ve just been promoted to Senior status, looking after the portfolio’s of our more mature clients. Although I am not completely sure that my changed appearance had anything to do with my promotion, I must say that I feel far more comfortable dealing with these client’s as I look now than I would have done had my hair still been long. Although most experiences have been positive, there have been a few negatives, for example, last Wednesday we were going to visit my Nana straight after work. I wanted to have my hair set for her, but the only chance to do it was my lunch hour. So, I returned to work that afternoon with my hair neatly set into a very mature style. I must admit I did feel a little uncomfortable as I entered the office, but I didn’t expect the reaction from one young man, who didn’t just tease me, he was cruel and insulting and I must admit he did upset me. That said, my colleagues rallied around me and in no time at all had not only cheered me up and restored my confidence, but had convinced me that I did look nice, that it was nice to have a variety of hairstyle and that there was no reason why I shouldn’t have my hair set more often as it really suited the new me. With my confidence regained I very much enjoyed my evening with Nana and the next morning, rather than wash my hair so it returned to the poodle/bubble cut style, I arrived at work feeling very proud whilst still sporting my neatly set hair. This was a real changing moment, because not only did it feel right, but several of my colleagues said to me that they were so glad that I had stuck with the shampoo and set because it really did look nice, it didn’t look silly and although it was quite a mature style, it really did suit me and I carried it off well. This meant that I now had variety of style and sent my self-belief into overdrive and I’ve had great pleasure in attending work with my hair neatly set on several occasions since and have only had good reactions. Another negative was no longer feeling comfortable with my clothes, a visit to Marks & Spencer sorted out that little problem, I now have a conservative wardrobe which I feel far more comfortable with, but a seriously dented bank balance. There again, Steve was very supportive and the charity shop had a nice surprise when I presented them with my old clothes. Another strange experience was going to a night club/disco with my girlfriend’s, this was when I realised that I definitely felt uncomfortable in “sassy” clothes. I made a great effort to dress myself up and made an attempt to blow-dry my hair so it would be less “poodle” and a more wavy/off the face style. The blow-drying wasn’t a great success, but it did look a little less curly and a bit more styled as I had managed to give myself a side parting. Even though I’d managed to tone down my curls a little, I still felt a little awkward in my tight trousers and cropped top, so, after a quick change into a skirt and blouse, I set off for a “funky” night out looking rather plain and dowdy. It was the first time ever that I’d not dressed up in “sassy” clothes for a party, I looked completely different, but at least I felt comfortable. My decision to change was definitely the right one, because on the way to the club, the heavens opened and I got absolutely soaked. My hair having become wet, proceeded to dry back into it’s now natural style and I ended up entering the disco, sporting my very respectable poodle cut. I was so relieved that I had changed into more conservative clothes, because had I not, I would definitely have ended up feeling and looking like “mutton dressed as lamb”, it was a lesson learned for sure! Once in the club, I had a great time, I didn’t feel awkward in the slightest and although I wasn’t the life and soul, nor the centre of attention, it was wonderful to just relax and dance without the fear of guys hitting on me. In summary, yes there has been great change and many experiences, some bad, but mostly nice. People’s reaction to me with short curly hair is most certainly different to when my hair was long. I asked a friend of mine to describe how she viewed me now in comparison to before. She said that she considered me to be a respectable looking woman with no “airs or graces” who’s neat and tidy short curly hair and conservative dress give the impression that I am a gentle, caring, considerate and reliable person. When I asked if she thought I looked plain and dowdy in comparison to before, she replied that I definitely appeared to be more prim and proper than before and although I had adopted a more plain and simple appearance, she actually preferred the new me, because although some would consider that I’ve lost my looks, I seem to be far more relaxed and at peace with myself which in turn makes me a more attractive person. I hope this answers your questions, thanks again for your interest, Anna.
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 11:07am
Hello Phil, thank you for your kind message and for taking an interest in my situation. When I posted my first message, I knew that the prognosis was serious but did not know at that time that it was terminal. I only found out it was terminal once I’d had my hair done, so yes the reward I gained from seeing the smile on my Nana’s face when I presented myself to her sporting my “neat little head of short curly hair”" was priceless and will certainly last forever. For the first week or so, I found myself looking forward to being able to grow my hair long again with a clear conscience. The plan was to keep my hair in a poodle cut for a year or so, as it wouldn’t have felt right growing my hair out as soon as Nana had gone, so in my mind I envisaged having regular trims to keep me short and probably 3 or 4 more perms over the next year or so in order for me to remain tightly curled and to retain the poodle/bubble cut style. However, as a result of the positive experiences I have enjoyed and the fact that I feel so comfortable with my new appearance, I now think I would find it hard to go back to being the old me. I definitely feel that I am a changed person now and that YES I think you are right with regard to this being a “life changing moment”. We visited “Nana” over the weekend and on Friday she told me that although she was thrilled to see I’d had my hair done and was pleased to see me looking so respectable, that she didn’t expect me to keep my hair this way and that I should feel free, with her blessing, to grow it again should I wish. I didn’t answer this immediately and gave it some very serious thought and after much soul searching I concluded that I had actually moved on from my long haired “sassy” days and that I was much more comfortable with my new appearance. With this in mind, I explained my feelings to my husband and to my surprise he said that he’d never seen me look more comfortable with my appearance and that although it was up to me, if he had his way, he’d prefer me to stay short and curly and ideally with my poodle cut. This was all I needed to hear and on Sunday and I broached the subject to my Nana and explained that she had been right to have encouraged me to cut and perm my hair because I felt not only neat, tidy and respectable, but my life had become so much easier having lost my long hair. I thanked her for what I considered was a wonderful outcome that would never have happened had it not been for her and informed her that although I appreciated her offer/encouragement of growing my hair again, I wouldn’t be accepting it as I intended to remain short & curly from then on. This has definitely been a life changing period for me and I have absolutely no doubt that my hair will remain short and curly, it will remain in a sensible and respectable poodle/bubble cut and this will be for me, Steve and for Nana. I will, on a regular basis visit the hairdressers for a shampoo and set and yes I will leave looking very respectable, (plain and dowdy if you wish) with my hair styled in a more mature prim and proper style and yes this will be in testament to my Nana. My life has changed, very much for the better, the world moves in mysterious wasys and I am grateful. Thanks again for your interest. Anna
chrissssssss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissssssss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 5:38pm
TROLL, TROLL, TROLL!!!

an eleborate, well concieved ruse

But still a fake post!!!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2002 at 11:02am
For crying out loud. Tell us WHY you think this is a troll post. Assuming it isn`t one...

...Anna, it seems you have found your hair. To be honest, poodle cuts (or any perming for that matter)
aren`t my style, but that`s just and aside. Your selfless sacrifice (turned pleasure) was a very kind gesture,
and I`d like to just make 2 points:

-Before you commit to this perm that evidently pleases you, consider that you will be regularly putting
caustic chemicals on your head that can damage both hair shafts and scalp. Hair is weakened when permed,
and when you look at some curly-topped old ladies, you`ll note that they are balding and you can see their
scalp, likely due to repeated use of perm substance. Hair risks turning out badly (my mom`s only experience
with perming c.1975, when she accepted an afro job was a disaster - it was deadened and had some
breakage, a very dark day in her up and down hair history) to varying degrees. I`ll repeat it over and over -
Oprah Winfrey once lost all her hair after a perm. She was balder n` the bald eagle. So just consider that
what you are getting into may not be as nice as it seems.

-May I suggest you don`t call your new do "proper" or "respectable?" No one probably thinks much of it
like that, except maybe old ladies deep set in an outdated mindset. Which is more "conservative" - long
hair worn naturally or short permed hair, we could debate until the cows come home, but at the end
of the day, it really makes little difference.

By the way, how`s Nana doing (if she exists lol)
ladystardust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladystardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2002 at 8:17am
Yeah, I`m starting to think this might be a troll post, if only because it doesn`t make much sense to be getting a wash and set so often if you have a tight perm.

I really wish people would stop posting stuff like this. It`s inappropriate to say the least.

Erin
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 11:31am
I`m not sure what "troll" means. Assuming it means fiction, then this is most certainly not the case! The reason for the frequency of my shampoo and set`s is the same as the initial reason for having my hair done! With regard to how Nana is, she is very poorly, but putting a very brave face on the matter. I thank you for the warning with regard to chemical damage and will make sure that I consult with the hairdresser before my next perm. Anna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2002 at 8:06pm
Okay Anna can you please explain to me why you have to set your hair when you had a perm which is suppose to last at least six months? Are we understanding what a set is?

Secondly what is this feeling about feeling plain and you were the center of attention when you had long hair? I don`t understand what is the meaning of your words.
dianefromcanada
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 4:40am
Hi Diane,
You are right, yes my hair is already curly as a result of my perm, which I hope will last for 6 months. I therefore don’t need to set my hair to make it curly, however, I have had several shampoo and sets in order to achieve what would be considered a more mature/old fashioned style, which I know that my Nana likes. I could have got away with just having my hair cut short and having regular sets to achieve the look that my Nana had hoped for, but I wanted to go the whole way and actually become curly. I decided on a poodle perm purely for convenience and ease of care, but this meant that if I then wanted to wear it in a more formal style, then a shampoo and set would be required.
With regard to looking and feeling plain, I guess this is all about perception. If you were to see an attractive woman with sassy long hair and trendy clothes and you were then to see her with a more conservative short curly hairstyle and conservative clothes, you would probably consider the latter to be more plain looking. At least this is my perception, and when I see my reflection in the mirror, I definitely feel that I look more plain than I did before, however, this is just my perception, others may think differently. Anna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2002 at 10:51pm
Hello again,

Are rollers involve in having this more mature look?

I certainly hope that you find comfort with your style. There is no reasons why you can`t acheive feeling trendy with short hair.
dianefromcanada
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

I'm not sure what "troll" means. Assuming it means fiction, then this is most certainly not the case! The reason for the frequency of my shampoo and set's is the same as the initial reason for having my hair done! With regard to how Nana is, she is very poorly, but putting a very brave face on the matter. I thank you for the warning with regard to chemical damage and will make sure that I consult with the hairdresser before my next perm. Anna

TROLL - Someone that for reasons known only to themselves create and post untrue stories for the purpose of drawing others into their fantasies. Generally as the stories grow, they get more and more absurd and make less and less sense as the "fantasy" becomes apparent. As in this story (and several others started on this board) the fantasy appears to be getting the shampoo and set. Note: Trolls are never registered posters.
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2002 at 2:16am
Hal, I refer you to my posting of 11th July 2002! All I can say is that it must be so sad for you living in such a cynical world. If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all!!!!!! Anna
chrissss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2002 at 4:34pm
told you he/she was a troll. Note the change in tone in his responses. First a cool calm innocence,,, then hostility. \

You all have been duped again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic