Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut & Perm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2002 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by chrissss chrissss wrote:

told you he/she was a troll. Note the change in tone in his responses. First a cool calm innocence,,, then hostility.
You all have been duped again!

chrissss...

Can you prove that what Anna says is untrue?

The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.

It doesn`t really matter whether you believe or not. If others believe then this thread will continue and if not it will die away.

Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2002 at 2:19pm
I take Anna words for face value. I would be interested in reading what Anna says about my last question.
dianefromcanada
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

Hal, I refer you to my posting of 11th July 2002! All I can say is that it must be so sad for you living in such a cynical world. If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all!!!!!! Anna

I didn`t "say" you were a troll, you ask what a troll was. I told you and noted why one might think you were, but if the shoe fits...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 9:50am
I didn`t "say" you were a troll, you ask what a troll was. I told you and noted why one might think you were, but if the shoe fits...

TROLL - Someone that for reasons known only to themselves create and post untrue stories for the purpose of drawing others into their fantasies. Generally as the stories grow, they get more and more absurd and make less and less sense as the "fantasy" becomes apparent. As in this story (and several others started on this board) the fantasy appears to be getting the shampoo and set. Note: Trolls are never registered posters.

Hal and the others I personally don`t appreciate this ganging up on someone on this board. The last part of your statement tells Anna that you feel that she is a troll. Be honest about your feelings. I am sure that I am not the only one on this board that wants everyone to feel welcome for goodness sakes!!!!!!!!!!
Knock it off and lets get back to the real questions on hand and comments.
Besides falsely accussing people you guys would have a richer more rewarding experience by creating fun loving posts.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 9:51am

TROLL - Someone that for reasons known only to themselves create and post untrue stories for the purpose of drawing others into their fantasies. Generally as the stories grow, they get more and more absurd and make less and less sense as the "fantasy" becomes apparent. As in this story (and several others started on this board) the fantasy appears to be getting the shampoo and set. Note: Trolls are never registered posters.

Hal and the others I personally don`t appreciate this ganging up on someone on this board. The last part of your statement tells Anna that you feel that she is a troll. Be honest about your feelings. I am sure that I am not the only one on this board that wants everyone to feel welcome for goodness sakes!!!!!!!!!!
Besides falsely accussing people you guys would have a richer more rewarding experience by creating fun loving posts. I haven`t seen positives comments lately from you guys.
Also what really disturbs me is this mocking of her aunt. Her aunt is dying and all she gets was very cruel comments. That made me very sick to read this garbage.
YOu guys had no proof and if you actually had some our webmaster would have caught it before any of us would and even he was questioning your proofs. He checks ips.
I want to see some apologies to this girl. She is going through a lot with her aunt, she choices she made because the love she has for her aunt and she caught nothing from you guys for it except cruelty.
dianefromcanada
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 10:25am
Well done Dianefrom canada.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 10:26am
Well done Dianefromcanada.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

I didn't "say" you were a troll, you ask what a troll was. I told you and noted why one might think you were, but if the shoe fits...

Hal and the others I personally don't appreciate this ganging up on someone on this board. The last part of your statement tells Anna that you feel that she is a troll. Be honest about your feelings. I am sure that I am not the only one on this board that wants everyone to feel welcome for goodness sakes!!!!!!!!!!
Besides falsely accussing people you guys would have a richer more rewarding experience by creating fun loving posts. I haven't seen positives comments lately from you guys.
Also what really disturbs me is this mocking of her aunt. Her aunt is dying and all she gets was very cruel comments. That made me very sick to read this garbage.
YOu guys had no proof and if you actually had some our webmaster would have caught it before any of us would and even he was questioning your proofs. He checks ips.
I want to see some apologies to this girl. She is going through a lot with her aunt, she choices she made because the love she has for her aunt and she caught nothing from you guys for it except cruelty.

Correct if I am wrong (so sure you will) but I`ve not been cruel or mean to Anne. She asks a Q, I answered with my opinion. Am I no longer entitled to my opinions? Diane are you now in charge of whose opinions are worthy of post? As for the troll issue, surely, Diane you do not think every story here is genuine, do you? This is the internet!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 3:19pm
I agree with Diane. I am not here to see anyone getting picked on by anyone whether they are trolls or not.

As far as whether they are trolls or not I don`t need someone else to tell me who is or isn`t a troll and if I choose to reply to a thread that has been called a troll thread I will do so.

Hal My comments are neither directed towards you nor directed towards anyone else in particular. I am talking about all troll talk and all picking on people in general.

If you suspect a thread is a troll thread then you should walk away from it. Stress is not good for hair and causing more stress than is necessary is never good. Besides, even if it is a troll thread perhaps someone else who isn`t a troll is having a similar problem and if they see that you were helpful they may find the answers they need. But if they see that you make assumptions or judgements based on guesses chances are they will go to some other board or site.

Anne if you truly did what you say you did then you are a very nice person and frankly it doesn`t matter what you do with your hair we need people like you in this world.

If you didn`t Oh well. Whatever reason you had for starting this conversation was your reason and I`m not here to change you.

Please keep us updated Anne. Please remember to smile :) Its good for your hair.
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 11:21am
I’m really sorry for causing the apparent discord amongst readers of this board, I certainly didn’t mean for this to happen. I guess that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion with regard to my posts, and looking back through my entries, although all I wanted to do was share my experience, I guess they were a little too long, which left it open to misinterpretation. Initially, my aim was to seek opinion on what I should do, but in return for peoples generous responses, I thought it would be nice to thank you all for your support by sharing my experiences. In answer to questions regarding shampoo and sets, YES it does involve rollers and NO it is not a fetish thing. I’ve had it done on several occasions purely to achieve the look of a more old fashioned/mature hairstyle as I knew this is what my Nana liked and wanted her to see me looking that way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

I’m really sorry for causing the apparent discord amongst readers of this board, I certainly didn’t mean for this to happen. I guess that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion with regard to my posts, and looking back through my entries, although all I wanted to do was share my experience, I guess they were a little too long, which left it open to misinterpretation. Initially, my aim was to seek opinion on what I should do, but in return for peoples generous responses, I thought it would be nice to thank you all for your support by sharing my experiences. In answer to questions regarding shampoo and sets, YES it does involve rollers and NO it is not a fetish thing. I’ve had it done on several occasions purely to achieve the look of a more old fashioned/mature hairstyle as I knew this is what my Nana liked and wanted her to see me looking that way.

Anna I think you have done a very good job of explaining yourself and I for one have never had a problem with someone posting a long post. Especially since I on several occassions have posted long posts here and elsewhere.

I personally believe you have been honest with us. The problem with typing out our words is we don`t always get to include our emotions and emphasis like there would be in a person to person live conversation. In other words, its all about how other people view what you write and how they comprehend it. You might have said everything in a very clear and precise way but that doesn`t take away the human factor of how they see it.

In their defense there are several posts on these boards that are clearly posted by someone with some sort of fetish and its very easy to get caught up in thinking that all posts of a certain type are of a fetish or troll nature when one might not be.

Its unfortunate that you had to go through all this with these doubters but you have done a great job of explaining yourself and I think some people should at least apologize to you if they haven`t already. That is if they have changed their minds about you.

In the meantime please continue to share with us. I`m sure you are learning new things and it would be of great benefit to others if you could share them.

You can never learn all there is to know about hair and hair care. There is always something new to learn.

Oh look at that, I posted a long post ;)

Anna please keep visiting us. Don`t let a misunderstanding keep you from learning and sharing. We need you just as much as you need us.

Don`t forget to smile :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:20pm
TROLL - Someone that for reasons known only to themselves create and post untrue stories for the purpose of drawing others into their fantasies. Generally as the stories grow, they get more and more absurd and make less and less sense as the "fantasy" becomes apparent.
As in this story (and several others started on this board) the fantasy appears to be getting the shampoo and set. Note: Trolls are never registered posters.

Hal do you actually read what you write? YOu called Anna `s sharings of her devastating, painful experience of loosing her aunt that she loves deeply A STORY, A FANTANSY..... I don`t think that anything can be more cruel than that being told that someone sharing of loosing someone so dear a story a fantasy.
How you would like sharing such an experience and being told that your sharing is a story, a fantansy? Kindness goes a lot further in life.

dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:21pm
TROLL - Someone that for reasons known only to themselves create and post untrue stories for the purpose of drawing others into their fantasies. Generally as the stories grow, they get more and more absurd and make less and less sense as the "fantasy" becomes apparent.
As in this story (and several others started on this board) the fantasy appears to be getting the shampoo and set. Note: Trolls are never registered posters.

Hal do you actually read what you write? YOu called Anna `s sharings of her devastating, painful experience of loosing her aunt that she loves deeply A STORY, A FANTANSY..... I don`t think that anything can be more cruel than that being told that someone sharing of loosing someone so dear a story a fantasy.
How you would like sharing such an experience and being told that your sharing is a story, a fantansy? Kindness goes a lot further in life.

dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:25pm
Anna, I have seen in the past people getting perms for bounce and going home and putting rollers in their hair afterwards.
Anna, don`t worry some people like to cry wolf when a wolf is not even near by.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:36pm
Am I no longer entitled to my opinions?

Yes Hal you free to give your opinion but you are not free to trash someone as someone is not entitle in life to trash you. If you are basing on facts which you are not nor is Chris it is not your priviledge or anyones to trash someone in life or on the internet.

Diane are you now in charge of whose opinions are worthy of post?

If someone was mugged of something so precious to them as a memory, a sharing of something painful etc would you stand by and watch it? I am a person of honour. It is your problem if you have a problem being told to be kind and apology for your wrong doing. YOu have no proof of her being a troll . Why do you participate in such trashing? When you accuse someone be prepared to be accused yourself in life.

As for the troll issue, surely, Diane you do not think every story here is genuine, do you? This is the internet!

Hal I only deal with facts.

dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:36pm
Am I no longer entitled to my opinions?

Yes Hal you free to give your opinion but you are not free to trash someone as someone is not entitle in life to trash you. If you are basing on facts which you are not nor is Chris it is not your priviledge or anyones to trash someone in life or on the internet.

Diane are you now in charge of whose opinions are worthy of post?

If someone was mugged of something so precious to them as a memory, a sharing of something painful etc would you stand by and watch it? I am a person of honour. It is your problem if you have a problem being told to be kind and apology for your wrong doing. YOu have no proof of her being a troll . Why do you participate in such trashing? When you accuse someone be prepared to be accused yourself in life.

As for the troll issue, surely, Diane you do not think every story here is genuine, do you? This is the internet!

Hal I only deal with facts.

dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:41pm
Stress is not good for hair and causing more stress than is necessary is never good.

Purplebubba this is so true. I have seem people lose lumps of hair from stress.
dianefromcanada

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2002 at 10:50am
Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

Stress is not good for hair and causing more stress than is necessary is never good.

Purplebubba this is so true. I have seem people lose lumps of hair from stress.

Not only that but if people are causing you to pull your own hair out that`s not helping much either.

Anyway I think I can sum this all up, I hope.

Most of us who are frequent posters to these boards came here to share and learn. Some of us needed help and some of us came to give help.
People are entitled to their opinions. Having an opinion does not matter. The key thing is to know when to express that opinion. Not an easy thing to do.
Those of us who do frequent these boards need to remember that there are always new people coming to these boards. Many of them are seeking help or support.
So what this boils down to is how do you want people to view you? Do you want them to feel comfortable with your advice or do you want them to toss your advice over their shoulder like it didn`t matter?
This thread has over 1000 views. Now those could all be trolls viewing this thread but what if even one of those people viewing this thread was going through a similar situation as Anna described? Do you want to scare that one person away?
It all comes down to, why are you here? Are you here to help or are you here to harm?
I`m here to help. I`m not perfect. I make mistakes too. I`ve had my own dealings with trolls and fetishers. Its not easy dealing with them. The key is to not become worse than the trolls.
What I mean is lets say there is a new post that says "Subject: I wanna cut my super long hair off" "Message: My hair is too heavy and I want to get a short cut."

Which person would you rather be? If you were someone in a similar situation which person would you want helping you?

Person 1: Are you sure you want to go short? What styles are you considering?

Person 2: (Person 2 suspects this thread to be a troll thread but decides to post something) Why do you want to cut your hair?

Person 3: Troll alert. Troll alert.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2002 at 5:00pm
Well said, Robert. Very well said, and I agree.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic