Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guys in dresses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
...... View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ...... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guys in dresses
    Posted: October 28 2002 at 8:21am
A question sorta about hair(part of it at least).
Do you peeps recon that guys should be allowed to wear skirts/dresses/high heels, earrings (both ears), long hair etc etc?
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 10:24am
Millions of guys have long hair or earrings or both, you see that in every city in the western world. Dresses? I have never seen a guy in a dress, except for drag queens or guys just goofing around acting silly. Ever since the hippie era of the 1960s and 1970s guys have had long hair, even today rock musicians have long hair,(and with all of their money and groupies what guy wouldn`t look like them)! I know there are cultures in the world like parts of India wear guys wear dresses, but I doubt it will ever be accepted in western countries, but I could be wrong.
dark haired Rita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark haired Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 12:10pm
I LOVE LONG HAIR AND EARRINGS ON MEN!!!!!!!!!

The guy I am seeing has long hair and earrings, and I love the look on him. I also think a man would look sexy in a long dress! I asked my guy to wear a long dress for me, not in public, just privately, and he refused, he told me it was a crazy thing to ask!
I guess American men aren`t ready to try wearing dresses yet , I think it would be sexy though!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 2:46pm
Speaking of men in skirts, here`s an interesting news item I remembered from awhile back:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/strange/081902_sn_dresscode.html
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 3:22pm
I adore men in long hair and earrings, but men wearing dresses isn`t a good idea, they would look to gay or femmy, it just wouldn`t look good on a man.
dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 6:20pm
I think that is companies started marketing skirts ertc towards men, they would be surprised by the amount they would sell. Also things like chunky heeled boots would sell quite well.
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 7:32pm
Not all men who dress in drag are gay. Many hetrosexual men also love to wear makeup, dresses, nylons and heels. most of them look foolish, like clumsy, awkward, homely women. But if a man has refined and somewhat delicate features and really knows how to dress like a woman, they can sometimes look very good.
I used to date a very nice guy who was a hetrosexual drag queen. We had so much fun. I used to love applying his makeup, and picking out dresses for him when i shopped. He was hetrosexual, he and I had our fun, I assure you, but when he shaved his legs had his past shoulder length hair curled,( I loved putting rollers in his hair), and wore makeup, a dress, nylons and heels, he looked just like a woman, and an attractive, feminine woman at that. We often went out together as two women, a girl`s night out on the town, and it was funny because guys would hit on both of us, but we never accepted their proposals for dates.
i really miss that guy, I am with a great guy now who I love who would look completely absurd as a transvestite, but it was kind of fun being with a hetrosexual male drag queen for awile!
that is a hair DON'T
Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 8:18pm
Tina, So you had fun with a hetrosexual drag queen for awhile! that`s nice, but to me the whole idea of men wearing dresses amd high heel shoes is ridiculous. Most men wouldn`t even know how to walk in heels, even most gay guys wouldn`t know how to walk in them! Plus most guys would look stupid wearing a dress and high heels!
Long hair or short hair either is ok on men but most men look stupid in dresses.
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 9:11pm
Albert,

You certainly have a harsh attitude, that all guys would look stupid in dresses! don`t scottish men wear kilts. a man can look very handsome and masculine in long hair and earrings, especially if he has a nice trim beard,(assuming the beard isn`t too coarse, that is a little rough on a ladies skin), and a man could also be handsome and masculine in a beautiful long dress or a kilt. a short skirt might look a little odd, but a nice longer dress would look nice on a handsome man!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark haired Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 10:57pm
I agree with you Carol, if Scottish men can wear kilts other men should be able to wear dresses, and I also agree that short skirts might not look good on a man but a long dress would look lovely!
My ideal man would be handsome, have a good build, not overly musclebound, have very long well kept hair, perhaps a trim beard, gold hoop earrings, a nice shirt and a long beautiful dress! That kind of man would be sooooo handsome and beautiful! An ideal look for a man!!!!!
My handsome guy has fairly long hair and the hoop earrings, but I can`t get him to wear the long beautiful dress. If he really loves me he should wear it for me, don`t you think! I do things for him!
bald Linda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bald Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 11:19pm
Hi Carol and Rita,

I agree that guys are adorable in long hair and earrings, but as far as a dress goes, it depends upon the dress,and not all guys would look good in a dress. A man looks good in a sports coat, a nice shirt and a pair of well fitted slacks or jeans!
A beard can be nice on a man too with the long hair and earrings, I agree with Carol though, if the beard is too rough it really can hurt his woman`s face. My husband has a clean shaven face, which is nice too.

Love to you ladies!

Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 11:47pm
Ladies,

I attended a fashion show a few years ago in toronto with male and female models, and one of the male models was so cute, he had long, sort of unkept brown hair past his shoulders was wearing several earrings in one ear and a hoop earring in the other ear, had an open white shirt, nice build and chest, and he had on a long, dark blue, floor length dress . most of the other male models wore slacks, but this guy with the dress was the most handsome guy! as i have pointed out on other threads, i have alopecia like linda does, i am totally bald, and that day at the fashion show i was not wearing a wig or scarf i was going with the bald look, and i was wearing my most beautiful tight fitting blue dress and very long, slender, gold dangle earrings to compliment my bald look. i thought i looked pretty fashionable. I was sitting just a few rows from the stage when this darling man in the dress walked by, and my bald head must have attracted him because he stopped for a minute and stared at me, and gave me sort of a little smile.then he realized he had his modeling to do and kept walking the catwalk, but i nearly fainted, he was so goodlooking and he seemed very attracted to me! i wanted so badly after the show to go and try to meet him, but then i thought wait a minute carol you are married to a great guy what are you doing!
But still is was a thrill, and it wasn`t until that day that i realized that men can look so good in a dress!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 11:55pm
Okay Carol why was a Canadian man wearing a dress at a fashion show especially in Toronto? Who was the designer? When was this exactly?
dianefromcanada
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2002 at 11:58pm
Next thing you know some people are going to want men to wear bras!! STupid
dianefromcanada
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 12:23am
You ladies are too funny! It doesn`t matter what kind of stupid fashions they wear on the catwalks, (and I have seen men in dresses on television at fashion shows, so I know they wear stupid stuff like that!), the general public doesn`t buy 99% of the fashions that either men or women model at these shows!
There is normal fashions that you see at the regular stores that we all shop at , and then there is the oddball fashion stuff like they show at some of these fashion shows, which nobody except a few rich people buy.
And yes Diane they actually have stupid stuff like men in dresses, and women wearing feathers that stick up off their head 3 feet, and stupid looking animal prints, all of that garbage, but I wouldn`t worry about it dear because no one you or I know will ever wear stuff that dumb! And I assure you men wearing dresses will never become popular like long hair was on men in the 1970s and 1980s, it is just too weird for the general public!
dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 12:57am
Remember Albert and Johan, until not very long ago, women in pants was totally unaaceptable, now look, they`ve adapted the "guys" look to their own. The difference is, the reverse hasn`t happened, and it is a bit of a pity.
Agreed a guy in a mini would be weird, and some guys would look terrible in a dress, but on the other hand, some guys would look good, and some girls look bad in trousers. There are always exceptions.
And `dianefromcanada`, I doubt men are going to be wearing bras, they dont need them do they ;).
Myself, I would love a pair of 2-3 inch chunky heeled boots, I`m used to walking on the balls of my feet, and it`d be nice not to look like such a short @rse.
Trivia for you: High heels were invented for a man, by a man. King Louie the something of France to be precise.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark haired Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 1:28am
THANK YOU DINGO, I think you are a very progressive gentleman.
Yes it is a pity Dingo that dresses for men haven`t become more popular like slacks for women. If a woman is feminine she will look good in slacks or a dress, and if a man is masculine he will look good also in slacks or a dress, especially a long slender dress to his ankles.
And diane from canada, they do show men in dresses at fashion shows all over North America, it has been fairly common for years to include some men in dresses as well as the usual pants. And if you don`t like men in dresses fine, I`m sure many people don`t. And Johan I love you and usually agree with what you say, but you never know, dresses could be popular for men someday, there have been times in history in various countries where men did wear dresses, who is to say it couldn`t happen again!
Thanks again Dingo for sticking up for us ladies that would like to see men try dresses, and Dingo I think they already make high heel boots for men, do you live near a big city, I am sure you could find them, or maybe you could find them on the internet!
All my love!
Dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 3:23am
Yeah, I live in a reasonably big city, but the shoe stores at the local mall are pretty pathetic, we have a sports shoes store and a discout shoe store place that I havn`t been in to. There is a Myers as well, but they have hardly any shoes at all. And there are a few girl-specific shoe stores too.
Do you now the name(s) of any stores, online or otherwise, that sell heeled boots for men?

I`m also growing my hair long (its about 4 inches now), I`d love to have long hair.

I recon that if companies were to release their "skirts for guys" range about now (near start of summer) they`d get a lot of business, cause I bet skirts are cooler than shorts ;).
Albert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 7:52am
Those dresses that male models wear, I think they call them sarongs, but I agree with Canadian Diane and Johan, to me dresses on men are ridiculous. And I know in certain cultures at certain times men wear dresses, robes, etc. but I hope it doesn`t become a fad in North America anytime soon.
Oh yes Carol, that handsome male fashion model who were so taken with was probably a gay guy, just like most of the male fashion designers are, you had better stick with your husband !
Dingo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 8:18am
No offence albert, but you seem to be pretty closed-minded about this. And a dress and a sarong are totally different things, a sarong is a traditional piece of clothing for men and women of Indonesia, and is a lot like a wrap around skirt. Very different to a dress.

And as I`ve said, not long ago, if this topic were about girls in pants, you would have called that ridiculous too, most things are called ridiculous when they first come out/are first thought of.

I still say that dresses, skirts and heels should all be made for men as well as women, at the very least it would be breaking down another discrimination barrier, and I have no doubt that some guys would look better in skirts than pants, but this in no way reflects their sexuality. Hey, I brought up this topic, and I`m straight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic