Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pixey commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pixey commercial
    Posted: January 23 2003 at 8:33pm
Everyone probably has seen the commercial where a women with long blond hair comes in for just a trim when another guy comes in to take over for the regular stylist and announces that he is going to give her a pixey cut...
How many of you think that the commercial would of been perfect if they actually showed him cutting her hair off?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2003 at 9:16pm
Haven`t seen the commercial... whilst the ad may have made an attempt at humor, albeit, in poor taste, your notion of perfection is rather repugnant.

You think your face is handsome, your bod buff, right? Let`s say somebody had the ability -- and exercised that ability, without your permission -- to suddenly render you with what you considered to be an ugly face or a bad bod... and had to wait for 4, 5, 6 years for it to return to its prior "excellent" state. Unrealistic as it is, there`s your analogy. Now, do you see why your vision of perfection is not only unappealing, but downright creepy?

Dude, you`ve got unresolved power and control issues. I thank God you`re not a licensed cosmetologist.
Mr. Happy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2003 at 8:24am
For the record, just this week I was talking to my shrink about my own unresolved power and control issues, and how they have led to my personal variety of hair fetishism. If we take the long view, humans have used hair and its forcible cutting to demonstrate power and control for thousands of years (and yes, I can provide the references).

For me, personally, I believe that my own fetishism results from a combination of those unresolved power issues, burgeoning sexual feelings some 30 years ago, and a cultural bias that said that a little boy growing up in the 60`s and 70`s should not have interest in (or much personal control over) his own or anyone else`s hair. It was the COMBINATION of those things that led me to my fetishism.

It is non-negotiable that any human adult, male or female, should retain control of their own bodies, and the hair that grows from it. I try with my own children to allow them the same freedom (which explains the odd color, not found in nature, of my 10 year old son’s hair), within the limitation that I am ultimately still responsible for their health and well being.

Personally, I understand and respect the views of those that say a woman’s long hair is her crowning glory, just as I understand and respect the view of those that say that it is just a different type of imposition to insist that they wear it that way. As long as I do not act inappropriately on my fetishes, I would ask that everybody respect my views as well, even if they do not understand them. And while I stand by everybody’s freedom over their own hair, if somebody wants to cut theirs in a way that I find titillating, whether for money (like the actress in the commercial) or for love (like the lovely Mrs. Happy) or for any other reason, I certainly will not object.

And for those who have read my blathering so far, I will once again issue my usual call for respect and tolerance here on these boards, since EVERYBODY here has some kind of weird relationship with hair, or we wouldn’t be here in the first place.

And so, I remain,

Mr. Happy
Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2003 at 11:04am
What you saying Dave Decker dude? You some kinda sick twist?!!! That a woman who gets her hair cut short is like somebody with a mangled face? Is that your analogy!

Yeah alot of women look great in long hair. alot of them look great in short hair too. You tellin me you wouldn`t get with a short haired doll like Halle Berry?
If your a real hetro red blooded man you like any good lookin chick with any hairstyle. And it don`t mean a dude`s on a weird trip if he digs to see a woman gettin a short haircut, just as it ain`t weird for a guy to dig seeing a long haired beauty brushing her hair or putting it in curlers, whatever. It`s just lookin at pretty women do stuff with her hair. It don`t need to be mean more than that.
You don`t got to be Sigmund Freud here , it don`t need to be that heavy.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2003 at 10:12pm
Man, some people just take things too seriously. Granted, it is hard to "see" the seriousnous or lack of it from a message. The commercial actually is talking about "voting" or making decisions for yourself rather than having someone else make them for you. I just thought it might be interesting to see how people think.......do I have some deep need for power - maybe, if I was the person actually in the commercial and I actually cut the hair (it is never cut in the commercial), you might be able to stretch it to some power-hungry dominance I need...If you think about the message it is trying to get across, actually seeing the cut on TV would make a very strong statement (oh, there I go again, I`m sure I will hear about that last statement). As one of the posts put it...you must act upon the power fetish to actually gain the power...never have, never will... OK folks, light hearted responses now : )
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2003 at 6:52pm
To the respondant who goes by the nickname "Mr Happy", thank you for your thoughtful response.

To "lovesshort&blonde," if the hypothetical woman were amendable to such an action on your part, as this would be between two consenting adults, it would be "okay" (by you two).

To "Metal man," the point is lack of consent or awareness to what would surely be perceived by the victim as an act of violence. Stop trying so hard to affect that "Metal man" persona and get acquainted with the concept of consideration for others.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2003 at 3:21am
Yeah Dave,
Metal man tries to be a little too "cool" for his own good.
But quite frankly, I didn`t appreciate your analogy either, I thought it was crude.
Having your hair cut when you don`t want it cut is very bad, but you can`t compare it to something as awful as having someone`s face rearranged or distorted or ruined somehow. Hair is just hair but hurting someone`s face is a thousand times worse.

Also however much Metal man acts like a jerk, at least he has a sense of humour. You seem like a very arrogant, overserious, know it all,; very conceited like you have to instruct all of us supposedly less intelligent people about what is what.

Maybe Metal man should be a little more formal but maybe you should loosen up a little and not take yourself so seriously.
Lady Maria
Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 10:53am
Who you callin a "jerk" Maria.What you mean I`m too cool for my own good! Either you`re cool or you ain`t. I figure I`m as cool as the next dude!
But thanks Maria for digging my humour.
This Dave dude is a little bit elite and uptight, that`s true. And I figure I`m as sensitive as the next dude, which probably ain`t saying all that much since most humans ain`t all that sensitive.
But I ain`t judging Dave or you Maria. Especially you Maria if you look like that picture of that Argentina fashion model gal with the pixie. she`s fine!!!!!Metal man could get with her. I`d love that!!!!!
techno man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techno man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 3:36pm
what you jivin bout metal man? You aint been cool in a decade, assuming you ever where.

Dude, you just dont have it man. You are so uncool and uptight man.

Techno man could get with her!!!! I`d love that
Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 6:51pm
Techno you gotta understand I don`t hate all techno, alot of it is very cool, very good music.
I just don`t dig the more wimpy, silly, kind of Euro/pop techno music.
And I ain`t just about Metal, I dig all kinda music.

Yeah I`m a geezer, mid 30 type, no longer a spring chicken, but look at it this way, Jagger is 59 and he`s still fathering babies with Brazilian fashion models. B.B. King`s mid 70s and he still tours and plays great blues. All kinda old guys in this world still havin some fun. So you and I bro have somethin to look forward to.
And yeah, I `m gonna get with some pretty ladies and I hope you do too bro.

technodude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 7:13pm
YO YO YO metalurgie,

Listen up bro & like listen good. Techno man don`t wanna make like no orgy & have to smack yo ***** up.

Techno guy is not a name it is a way of life. Deal with it Metal wuss & a new era is dawning and yo metal is rustin & I mean rustin good bro.

Any "metal chicks" are just fat trailer white trash STD spewing stretchin the spandix out 300lbs plus heavies holdin a baby on one hip with a a bottle of jack in one hand & a newport cig in the other. You can have and get with all those nasty metal types as I am sure you wish they wanted to get with the metal man himself.

I dig anything with Boy George or Thompson Twins & Euro is the best damn music eva. Once that music starts it just get the blood flowing. That mezmurizng beat just goes on and on and on and on,,,,,

Long live techno & face it Metal is dead. Keith Richards is just a big Iguanna that learned to walk on two legs.

Thats just the way it is bro

TG

Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 9:02pm
Boy George and the Thompson Twins! And you accussing me of being a geezer? That was early 80s music, same era as AC?DC, (who were a whole lot better, even the techno Euro/pop knuckleheads can dig AC?DC, who don`t! ).

The new techno, the stuff that is out nowadays, is a whole lot better than that Boy G, Thompson Brats garbage.
I guess you and I Techno got to agree to disagree, Boy George and the Thompsons just ain`t my thing.

So we each go our own way.
Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 9:17pm
Fat trailor trash women?
Sorry Techno, I don`t live in the country.
Maybe that`s what you can dig though; I hear tell that those hefty broads kinda go for you slick skinny euro/trash fellas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2003 at 11:56pm
Say Metal man and Techno dude,

Why don`t you two guys knock it off. You are like little kids.

I thought this website was supposed to be about hairstyle discussions!
Lady Maria
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2003 at 7:23am
Shall we take a poll... all who think Metal man and Techno Dude are one in the same say "Auh"!!!!!!!
Metal man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2003 at 12:10pm
I gotta tell you Hal dude, you really got it all wrong.

No way in Metal man`s wildest, looniest , most bizarrre , strange, and awful nightmare would I ever consider even for a moment of bringin up the topic of Boy George or the Thompson twins on a website. This "techno dude" for sure ain`t the Metal man.
My guess; ... Technodude is non other than Dave Decker pullin our chain after I told him he was an uptight elitist sort of dude.
But the Metal man can dig a little give n` take, so can Decker I guess, that`s ok.
I gotta say though the Latin chick had a point, this here is a hair talk deal.
technoman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2003 at 4:35pm
Wo dude,

In Techno man`s little world metal has no place.

Technodude allmost choked on his Zima when Techno dude read that!

I was spinning round round like record playing round round round to quote Dead or alive.

Techno man says he is no dave decker dude. How uncool is it to be associated with him. Techno man has no metal running through techno`s ice cool veins

Rock is dead! TD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2003 at 7:41pm
You guys! Enough!

I just have to add this.

If you guys like to be with women who have a little class you probably won`t play obnoxious heavy metal or monotonous techno either.

Women like stuff like alternative rock, nice r&b, maybe some love songs or if you need to get a little spicy, some Latin music!

If you don`t believe me, try it on your lady.
Lady Maria
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2003 at 11:15pm
. Now, do you see why your vision of perfection is not only unappealing, but downright creepy?
(Dave Decker)

Just because someone thinks that perfection would have been to cut off her hair doesn`t mean it makes someone creepy just like us who thinks that growing hair is perfect.
dianefromcanada
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2003 at 11:21pm
Can I take on the altered image of "Country Cuz?" and join the fray?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic