Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair R.I.P. - Wonder Woman's gone short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair R.I.P. - Wonder Woman's gone short
    Posted: March 24 2003 at 9:46am
Of course Wonder Woman is only ficticious, but then so was the last election result (thank you, Michael Moore!). The point is, that now that the powers-that-be have decided to change W W's hairstyle to a Winona-type pixie, I can only conclude that various consumer-led focus groups have indicated that long hair for women is indeed on the way out and so the makers of WW feel duty bound to reflect this. Take that, Gord! Hope you don't find it too dis-tressing, heh heh......

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 7:59pm
Even though I like the new drawing, I was kind of bummed. I like the old WW. Not just because I kinda look like her either... That look was iconic.
[/url]

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 5:38am
"... various consumer-led focus groups have indicated that long hair for women is indeed on the way out and so the makers of WW feel duty bound to reflect this."

LOL. Sure, Phil.

A comment on the press writeup that was noted on the Celebrities board on the same topic... it's interesting to note that a real-life hairstylist from a celeb salon got all worked up on promoting the virtues of short hair of a fictional character as if it were an image-driven lifestyle pursuit, when in fictional actuality the purpose for the change was the character's involvement in a traumatic sequence of events.

Karla Kat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 12:18am
Well I for one think the world is going to hell in a handbasket when they start defacing comic book heros and heroines like Wonder Women for the sake of "fashion" and "style". UGH. I agree with you Dave.What will happen next? Will Rapunzel be portrayed with hair extensions and Cinderalla with a short bob? Eeeekkkkk.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 7:43pm
Rapunzel in hair extensions? That wouldn't work. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Cinderella in a short bob? That would work! A chic, attractive, updated Cinderella, ready to go with her man to the ball! Give her a beautiful modern looking dress too, maybe something in black with gold and diamond earrings. I like it!
Good idea Karla Kat!
Lady Maria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic