Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male or female hairstylist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cheers View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male or female hairstylist
    Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:31pm
Hi! Do u perfer to have your hair cut by a male or female?
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:55pm
Well, I trust no one but.....me! But when I did get my hair trimmed in a salon, it made no difference. I was far more interested in the outcome than who did it.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 12:45am
A woman. I'm having my hair cut to look attractive to the opposite sex. A female stylist just understands that better.
Mr. Happy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 6:00pm
An attractive woman. My definition of attractive doesn't match quite exactly with "societal norms," but since I have a hair fetish specifically around cutting, you probably aren't surprised, are you?

What actually is surprising is how old I was (late 30's) before I admitted to myself that it was important to me who cut my hair!

Mr. Happy
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 12:43am
I wish I could take my head off and cut my own hair.

It is totally backwards cutting your own hair.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Eric C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 2:55pm
Myself, I will not let a guy get near my hair with a pair of scissors/clippers. I think it is partly from some bad experiences with barbers in the past, coupled with the fact that some of the best haircuts I have had have been done by women. If I do end up having to have it cut by a guy, I am usually very specific as to how much to cut off, and how I want it, but if it is a woman, I usually tend to just tell them to do whatever they think would look best (within reason). Lately, I have been having a family member (female-non professional) do it, and it comes out the way I want it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic