Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting your own hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cheers View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting your own hair?
    Posted: July 01 2003 at 2:29pm
Has anyone ever cut their own hair? If so, how did u do it, and how did it turn out? (I am looking for drastic changes, such as really long to really short)
Karla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 2:48am
Hi,

I have been cutting my own hair for almost 10 years and get hair compliments constatly! I use the same types of hair cutting instruments stylist use. I get them at beauty supply stores. I just paid attention to what stylist used when I used to get it professionally cut and styled. Cutting the sides and layering is super easy. It's just getting to the back that can be tricky. I usually do the back when my hair is damp so it all stays together, but the res I do when it's dry. Not sure exactly what you need to know, but email me if you want and I can also send you a pic of me to see my hair.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 3:50am
In early 2000 when I was 20, I was so fed up with going to the barber that I started cutting my own hair. At that moment, my previous short back and sides haircut (which I didn't like, though I'd been getting it for years) had grown out into a down over the ears haircut, but I just trimmed the front. Later, I started cutting the back. This wasn't easy. Now, however, I cut my hair all one length: a bob that goes past the chin and I like it much more. I am still improving my technique, but it's possible to do it. But I recommend you do so carefully and slowly. Get a mirror with which you can see the back. And when you do so, you do so at your own risk. Decide whether it's worth it to you. It is to me.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 7:45pm
I'd say do it - but only if you were 100% confident in your ability. Personally, I've learned how to use the clippers, grading, tapering etc but that's as far is it goes. Don't ever try anything too ambitious that outstrips your ability because you will be the only loser. That's my advice anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic