Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Fetish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Fetish
    Posted: July 06 2003 at 4:38pm
I've noticed on these boards that words "hair fetish" seem to have some evil connotation.

Here's the Random House definition "Any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

Any man or woman that is turned on by hair, short OR long, breasts, legs, feet, biceps, abs, or rear ends has a fetish. The guy who is turned on by a 'big booty' has a fetish. The woman who gets aroused from looking at big biceps has one too. For some reason, fetishism for hair seems to be placed on men who like short hair, but whether you're turned on by short or long hair or even no hair, it's a fetish.

I'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way. Unless you're a stylist, that's probably why you're posting here. I'm sure some people will say that doesn't apply to them, so it's probably just the rest of us.

As long as you don't go around cutting people's hair or forcing them to grow it, having a fetish is perfectly healthy. Something should turn you on.

I'm aware that there are people who come on these boards and make up stories. They hope that the responses will get them aroused. I can understand frowning on that, but as long as the people making the responses contribute something helpful and stimulating, I don't see it as a problem.

So, I've brought up the dirty little underbelly of a website devoted to discussing hair. I don't see it as dirty or wrong, but some do. Some probably don't want this idea discussed.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:16pm
I echo your opinion.
As long as short-haired fans aren't going around forcing people to cut theirs and long-hair fans aren't beating the scissors and clippers into plowshares, what harm is there?

As long as we remain respectful of one another, I find that discussing our "fetish" for hair quite healthy. Though I think the word has taken on a bad connotation in most circles.

We can only gain from being respectful toward one another and not hiding who we are. Call me the male Pollyanna, but I see these boards as positive things.

Most of the people here have opinions and aren't afraid to voice them. I think that is totally healthy. As for the people who make things up in an attempt to get a rise out of others... we should probably ignore them and hope they'll go away.

Peace to all
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:30pm
Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards is aroused by hair in some way.

No matter what are views on almost any subject, it's a natural tendency to think that other people share our opinions and feelings.

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 6:06pm
IMO (and very simplistically), a fetish is a problem only when it over-writes mutual consent.

Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 7:27pm
Fetishes?

Anything kinky, nasty, dirty or sexy I usually like!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 10:55pm
Actually, to be serious, I have to agree with the others. As long as the fetish, hair or otherwise, is between mutually consenting adults, who cares, it is their business. Everyone has their likes, dislikes, preferences, what gets them "going" and so forth!

Actually that is probably good if used properly!
tina
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 5:14pm
Good points made by everyone.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 8:39pm
I thought that having a fetish meant being so "into" that particular thing that it impedes your judgement or capacity to enjoy....ie, i once read about a man who had a foot fetish and could not "get off" unless feet were somehow involved.

I don't believe anyone here is at this point ( I mean as far as hair goes)

jacqui
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:33pm
That's only in extreme cases Jacqui.
Everyone has fetishes, that is things they like better in regards to fashion, hair , clothes, even body types. We all have some fetishes. Most of us just aren't anti-social or too weird with it.
tina
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 9:52am
Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way.

I come here to learn about ways to take care of my hair and to learn more about styles and products, and to share my experiences about the same with others.

Because there are nice and interesting people here, I also post on non-hair forums that interest me.

But aroused by hair? No.

Elissa
[/url]

newhair4me View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newhair4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 2:58pm
Hi,
I have a hair fetish, and I'm not really sure where it came from. I never really thought about it much until recently, when I decided that it was about time to chop off my hair (it's been long for years). So far, I have been cutting it gradually, and it's now shoulder length. But every time I think about cutting it short, I get physically excited. I thought it was kind of freaky, but I guess I'm not alone. I'm still not sure I have the guts to cut it all off, but I am finally dedicated to real change. What do you think?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by newhair4me newhair4me wrote:

Hi,
I have a hair fetish, and I'm not really sure where it came from. I never really thought about it much until recently, when I decided that it was about time to chop off my hair (it's been long for years). So far, I have been cutting it gradually, and it's now shoulder length. But every time I think about cutting it short, I get physically excited. I thought it was kind of freaky, but I guess I'm not alone. I'm still not sure I have the guts to cut it all off, but I am finally dedicated to real change. What do you think?

You enjoy it and it doesn't harm anyone, so go with it. Be happy you have something that gets you excited. Cut more if that's what works for you. A little at a time or a lot. Try a wig if you're not ready.
newhair4me View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newhair4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 4:26pm
Thanks for responding! I was starting to feel a bit freakish (I'm a fairly normal person otherwise...). So, why do you like short-haired women?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 10:09pm
I think as far as most of us here are concerned when someone goes beyond the groups comfort level they get labeled! If you are fairly new here you won't know about the guy that prompted the fetish statements...but beleive me... you can tell!
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 6:08am
How refreshing, for once, to see the subject of fetish being discussed in a non-hysterical manner. If it turns people on, whether it be the texture, abundance, sparsity, absence or sheer style of hair, then what's the problem? At times such as this, we need as much love going round as is humanly possible, and so I welcome the use of the word "fetish" in a positive and unthreatening way.
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 10:53pm
I definitely have a hair fetish, much like newhair4me. I love to get my haircut and get excited about thinking about cutting my hair short. I think it's because I care so much about my hair and love anybody that plays and takes care of my hair.

Do I think I'm weird? Not really.
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:16am
I have a hair fetish, related to short hair and the process of getting there (whether on myself or other women). I don't like to tell people, though, not even friends, because I fear bad reactions. As it is, if I tell friends I prefer short-haired women, they wonder why, and sometimes treat me like a freak for even that :-( .
But then again, I've been known to accuse most of the world, collectively, of having a long hair fetish. . . which I think is kind of weird and sometimes creepy, so I guess it kind of goes both ways. . .
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 3:50pm
Well, we all need to do what we feel comfortable doing when it comes to sharing our fetish with friends and family.

I'm totally open with my wife, so she knows and keeps her hair short. Fortunatley, she likes it that way.

As for my friends, they know I prefer short haired women, but I doubt they know how deep that runs. Mostly, they write it off as part of my enduring crush on Dorothy Hammill, a hold over from my days as a punk or just me being different.

I once told a friend about my desire to cut the hair of a girl we knew and he looked at me as if I'd committed murder. Kind of made me hold off telling most other people.

I personally enjoy getting my hair buzzed, which is fairly unique where I live, but when people ask why I tell them that with hair as thick as mine, my head would be 300 degrees in the summer (which is true). I don't share the rest of the information, that it is extremely fun for me to watch a woman get her hair cut short or to get mine cut off.

I doubt society would understand, which is why I'm thankful this board is here to talk about all of this stuff.
Peace to all
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 11:05pm
I know what you mean Kuroneko and Headboy. When I first got my long hair-(past my waist)- cut into an above the shoulders bob cut I was scared but it was a great thrill too. And I did like the way it looked, it was styled well.-(I did go to a very good salon in Chicago where I was living at that time)-.

I gradually just went shorter with my hair to it's present short length pixie style of cut.. Each time I got my haircut it was a thrill, the adrelin would just rush in me as I entered the salon. I still get that sort of energy rush when I go and get my hair trimmed even though my hair is so short I don't actually get much cut. Still I love being in the beauty salon, there is just something I really love about that. To me it is money that is very well spent. I enjoy the experience of it.

I haven't ever had my hair buzzed close to the scalp. I have thought of doing that and I have seen any number of women with hair that short or even with a shaved head, but I just haven't ever brought myself to having that done. I am sure it would be a thrill, and I don't think I would look that bad but I just have never done that. Maybe someday.
tina
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2003 at 10:04am
Tina, if you ever do decide to shave your head, get a hat. The look can be cool, but the sunburn is evil.

I get the rush you described every time I sit in a barber's chair or go to a salon. Maybe it's the smell of the chemicals and the sound of the Osters popping to life.

I have no idea, but it is a great feeling.
Peace to all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic