Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Fetish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
me myself and I View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me myself and I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 8:58pm
Very stimulating thread!
Hair fetishist here too and relieving feelings when i found out about this net underground world.

This "thing" developed during my childhood and I stronly believe childhood experiences are the main channel to this fetish. I'm a guy. I used to have my hair cut both at barbershops and in ladies' salons. Being very shy, I used to fear having my hair cut very short and people commenting about it, my mother considered short haircuts as a threat and a punishment.

I think dom/sub is, in fact, part of the picture, not for everybody and the very interpretation of it isn't univocal: cutting can mean submitting but who dares to go damn short usually shows self-confidence and this latter quality puts you somehow in a dominant position. What about then seeing long hair as a hassle and physical burden for entertaining in certain activities and taking up a certain role?

Does anybody find in it even some kind of gender confusion and curiosity in crossing borders swapping roles and so on?

Just a few thoughts.

Me, myself and I
Igor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Quote 'd guess that most people posting on these boards are aroused by hair in some way.

I come here to learn about ways to take care of my hair and to learn more about styles and products, and to share my experiences about the same with others.

Because there are nice and interesting people here, I also post on non-hair forums that interest me.

But aroused by hair? No.

Elissa

You said it!
1BCiii
Golden/reddish blonde
Growing out from 0 mm, now a little
below shoulder lenght
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 12:05am
To me a fetish just for a hair style or length doesn't make sense. If I find a person unattractive it doesn't matter what kind of hair they have.

What does make sense is if you really like a certain hairstyle better than certain other styles and a person that you like as a person and find attractive is also wearing that hairstyle you like. Then the hairstyle just makes you find that person even more attractive!
Now that makes sense to me.
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 12:05am
To me a fetish just for a hair style or length doesn't make sense. If I find a person unattractive it doesn't matter what kind of hair they have.

What does make sense is if you really like a certain hairstyle better than certain other styles and a person that you like as a person and find attractive is also wearing that hairstyle you like. Then the hairstyle just makes you find that person even more attractive!
tina
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 6:42am
If you see someone cut their hair short from long, it can be attractive, or grow it long from short, that can be even more attractive. I just really like long and seeing it swishy.

But it is true taht if a girl wasn't attractive I wouldn't care too much about her hair.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 4:39am
*shrugs* But hair can drastically change a person's appearance, and perceived attractiveness, so I think it makes sense. There have been so many times I wouldn't even look twice at a woman when her hair was long, but once she goes short I think she's just beautiful.
However, if someone has a really unattractive face or is a real *****, I won't like her no matter what her hair is like. I might see her and think she has pretty hair, but I won't be drooling over her like I would a more pleasant and attractive woman with pretty hair. And if I like someone as a person and she has hair I really don't like, I'm more likely to forgive the bad hair than if I don't like someone and she has bad hair on top of that. It's not an absolute, hair is everything, sort of thing. The hair means a lot, sure, but there are other factors, too.

Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

More awesome than a manatee!
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 1:30pm
I liked this girl once she semed really nice but then she turned all nasty but I still can't help looking at her sometimes cause she has really cool hair. Sucks.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 6:11pm
Interesting read. Makes me wonder what I´m even doing here, without any other reason than finding tips to take care of my hair, and getting caught in some interesting hair related sociological discussion! I can´t even sport a husband the slightest bit interested in brushing my hair...
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 7:00pm
Well I'm glad you are posting here Viktoria.
Scandinavians are good people and Sweden, like Norway and Denmark, is a lovely country.
jonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 11:25pm
I would be interested in what everyones opinion is of the Catwalk Hair Salon. They have their models hair done in a commercial salon, yet most of the models choose short to very short haircuts. The work that their stylists do is very precise and the models seem happy with the results. Just interested in everyones thoughts. Jonny
jonny
Howard Fein View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2003 at 12:05pm
I've been following this provocative thread since its inception, and finally have gotten up the courage to say YES! There IS such a thing as a hair fetish! I have a hair fetish! (Why do I feel like I'm at an Al-anon meeting- which I've never been to?) Hair is probably the first physical characteristic I notice on a woman. Face and figure come next. Cleavage isn't that important to me.

Actually, it's certain hairstyles or the way hair is worn that really turn me on. My wife thinks I'm absolutely nuts that my hair fetish includes those wide plastic tortoise shell toothed headbands (generally those made by Goody and Scunchi), which is the only accessory I like that her thick, wavy chin length 'pouf' can accomodate. When I ask her to wear one for moments of, er, intimacy, I always remind her that if I have to have a fetish, at least it's one that's safe- and clean.

As to WHY headbands turn me on, I'll never know.
But that's been the case since I was in elementary school during the mid-late sixties, when headbands were extremely popular. Watch a WONDER YEARS rerun and you'll see what I mean. At age 44, my ardor for them has not cooled in the least.

My fetish is also provoked by a full ponytail held back with a clip or barrette, especially if to the middle or high on the head. Ponytails held back with an elastic or scrunchie don't do anything for me, unless it's high on the head and bounces when in motion. I love to watch a woman make a high ponytail in this manner if, when done, she spreads the hair apart with her hands, making it look that much thicker and bushier.

My ALL-TIME fetish provoker is when a woman twists her hair into a ponytail, bends over and clips the twisted part to the back of her head with a large clip. When she straightens up, the reverse ponytail (or 'flip-flop', as nicknamed by an ex-girlfriend) hangs down behind the head and over the shoulders in a way that looks absolutely adorable- more so when she moves. This is best achieved with straight hair at least mid-back length. A similar effect can be created with a banana, claw or dolphin clip, but it's not a true 'flip-flop' without a curved Goody.

One of the most sensual moments I can experience is a woman's hair touching my face. Would that qualify as a fetish?

I'd better go throw cold water on my face now-

TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 9:29am
Why did this post stop?  This is one of the finest posts on the fetish subject.  For me it is curls.  I love watching  a perm, getting a perm.  I love the girl on Law and Order ( I think)  her curls are beautiful.  what I don't understand is why those with curls want it straighjt and those with straight ( like me) want it curly?
Tommi
les237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 5:00pm
Tommi, you mean Tamara Tunie?  I would kill for curls like hers.  But I suppose the grass is always greener, right?
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 7:07am
Melina Kanakaredes CSI NY
Tommi
les237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 2:07pm
Oh her curls are gorgeous also.  I'd love to have those curls!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic