Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Too old for mushroom haircut??  Your advices please
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too old for mushroom haircut?? Your advices please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KirsVandeuren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirsVandeuren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too old for mushroom haircut?? Your advices please
    Posted: June 07 2004 at 3:36pm
(The hair Politics forum is probably more suitable then the Men's hair forum where I posted this before)

Hi everybody,

I am a fan of a kind of mushroom haircut. It's hard to find pictures of it, but maybe you know what I'm talking about if I refer to the boy in "dr. Quinn medicine woman".

I'm not really a fan of the extreme 'mushroom haircut', where there is a big immediate difference between the length on the top and the length in the neck. But I really appreciate the softer (more discrete?) version of this haircut.

The problem is that you hardly ever see this kind of haircut on adults. That's why I really regret that I've never had this haircut when I was a kid. Right now, I'm 25 years old and I wonder if what your opinion is on this kind of haircuts on 'older' people.

I'm kind of a discrete person. I like to keep a low profile, and I'm afraid for the reactions of people.

Should I choose for a more mature haircut?

Thank you very much for your advice.

ps: if someone knows where I could find pictures of this kind of haircuts, I would be very grateful.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 4:11am
Do what you like. It's no big deal. Be yourself.

BTW, I recall that c. 1991, when the mushroom cut was in style, a teacher at my middle school, who I think was in his 40s, had one. And we're talking a REAL mushroom haircut, not some halfway thing IIRC.
KrisVandeuren View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisVandeuren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 11:07am
It’s remarkable how frequently you see this particular haircut on younger people. In Europe it’s really popular for boys until 15-16 years old.

Any idea why it totally disappears afterwards?
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 7:17pm
I don't know. Personally, I find the "mushroom" quite fetching, but in the UK it's regarded as a "kid's cut" and nothing else. A pity really, as it's one of the few cuts which looks great on both sexes.
phil
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:53pm
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:47pm
lol
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 9:41am
Good luck to all of u in hair politics.
1999 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 12:21pm
What the ....... is he going about?
1999 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 12:22pm
What the ....... is he going on about?
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 12:37pm
I don't know what it is, but no one is ever too young or too old for a hairstyle..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic