Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growth trend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growth trend
    Posted: September 08 2004 at 8:58pm
It seems like everyone is growing their hair long. For a short hair lover this is killing me. How long do you think this trend will last? The only thing that consoles me is that when the trend goes back to short, there should be some good hair whacking. I just don't know how long I can last.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 2:54am
Fashion goes in cycles. It'll probably swing around again in a few months, maybe a year. *shrugs* No big deal, really.
More awesome than a manatee!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

It seems like everyone is growing their hair long. For a short hair lover this is killing me. How long do you think this trend will last? The only thing that consoles me is that when the trend goes back to short, there should be some good hair whacking. I just don't know how long I can last.

Everone? Hardly.

And, woah... don't have a cow. You seem to be quite agitated by the choices of others. Please read (and consider responding to) the "Your Two Cents" thread in this board.

Isn't your S.O. into pleasing your hair desires? And if so, then why do you care what anybody else is doing to their hair?

I notice lots of people keeping their hair short -- most men, and most old (60+) women (and quite a few who are younger, too). Isn't that enough short hair for you? I mean seriously, take a look around you at a representative cross-section of people.... and keep in mind that hair can grow to the waist, knees and beyond (witness, myself)... and you complain about how much long hair there is? Imagine if everybody, I mean every person, had knee-length hair. Then, I think it would certainly be safe to say that "everybody has long hair." We (in western societies) are a far, far, far ways away from everbody wearing long hair, a condition you seem to intimate that we're heading for. And even if it did, would that be a bad thing? To you, of course, but I mean, would it be bad for humanity? No.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 4:21pm
I guess if you read the previous post of mine as an absolute, then I would be mistaken. Unfortunately, email lends itself to missing the tongue in cheek type of talk, among other less than precise statements.
I do think MORE people are wearing their hair long than a time before that I noticed. Is it really going to kill me? No (hopefully not at least) But as a person who generally enjoys women with short hair (of all ages-or ages that I notice) it is a bit of disappointment. I will say that I will find some women with long hair attractive (maybe 10%) so I will take some with long hair - just not that many :)
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 6:46am
Thankfully that isn't true.

There are still many short haired women around, including my lovely lady Jasmine.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Brent E from San Francisco Brent E from San Francisco wrote:

Thankfully that isn't true.

There are still many short haired women around, including my lovely lady Jasmine.
Quoted for the truth
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 4:22am
no need to worry about what everyone else is wearing. wear what looks good on you.

I alternate a lot, short hair, long hair, diffrent colours...

quite easy for me, Im into extensions so I can switch whenever I want to :)
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Yeah long hair is in style. Most of my homies have braids.
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 12:13pm
I agree Dave, I too see alot of short hair styles.

While there are women growing out more so than before there are still many women with short styles.
The bob cut seems to be all the fashion with or with out highlights.

These ladies always try to get me to cut my hair.
They can do what they want to, leave me alone.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 2:47am
Summer,

IMO (and experience) the main reason women make the free choice to have a bob or short hair is simply because they lack the time to take care of long hair/ the will to keep on doing so. The bob is for them the ideal mix between long (what is generally believed most men want on women) and short. It's easier to take care of than long and still not short. Those who love short hair like the feel of 'freedom' not looking after their hair anymore.

I guess that is what women who want other women to cut their hair are basically trying to say. A hairstyle should be free choice. Naturally all choices are limited in their width by the obvious consequences (how unjust and unfair they may be). This is certainly the case for men. So Dave, hope you're not offended, but don't expect men to all have long hair anytime soon. The fact the economy in the past 20 (or so) years shifted gears to 24/7, won't help. Time became a precious commodity.

And personally, I like the mix between short/bob and long. As long as the person looks better and happier, why should all have short (or long) hair for that matter?
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 11:42am
im a cosmetology student and am one of the only long haired girls in the class. They all end up choppin it off into cute little cutes...and these are your future stylists who know the trends, so if their keepin it short..i think its probably ok for you to.
Sara
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by HD_EU HD_EU wrote:

Summer,

IMO (and experience) the main reason women make the free choice to have a bob or short hair is simply because they lack the time to take care of long hair/ the will to keep on doing so. The bob is for them the ideal mix between long (what is generally believed most men want on women) and short. It's easier to take care of than long and still not short. Those who love short hair like the feel of 'freedom' not looking after their hair anymore.

I guess that is what women who want other women to cut their hair are basically trying to say. A hairstyle should be free choice. Naturally all choices are limited in their width by the obvious consequences (how unjust and unfair they may be). This is certainly the case for men. So Dave, hope you're not offended, but don't expect men to all have long hair anytime soon. The fact the economy in the past 20 (or so) years shifted gears to 24/7, won't help. Time became a precious commodity.

And personally, I like the mix between short/bob and long. As long as the person looks better and happier, why should all have short (or long) hair for that matter?

Speaking for myself only- long hair requires nothing. I wash and let it dry -thats it. When my hair was short I had to curl it, and constantly stlye it in some way.

That said- I believe a woman can do what she wants to with her own hair- long or short its her business.

I agree hair should be about individual choice. short hairs shouldn't try to push their way and long hairs shouldn't try to push their way.
I especially have a thing about age dictating hair style, color or length.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 11:35am
Originally posted by HD_EU HD_EU wrote:

A hairstyle should be free choice. Naturally all choices are limited in their width by the obvious consequences (how unjust and unfair they may be). This is certainly the case for men. So Dave, hope you're not offended, but don't expect men to all have long hair anytime soon.

Certainly not offended, HD_EU. It is not my wish for other men to follow suit by my example, but instead was my wish for my choice to be respected (even if not preferred or appreciated). I think the "battle" has mostly been won. Mostly. Its easier for me to "get away with" doing what I want (in this regard); much more difficult for a child or young adult just getting themselves established in the working world.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic