Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wild Curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wild Curly hair
    Posted: December 10 2000 at 4:36pm
Hi

I was just wondering if there is anyway I could get a wild mop of curls as worn by Justin Timberlake of N`Sync, without getting a perm.

At the moment my hair is growing out from a short spiky cut. It`s been about a month since i cut it and already it is doing a shaggy layered thing. The bangs are very layered so they do the flicky `farrahesque` thing and the back can flip up in a pseudo tail. The sides are just long enough to tuck behind the ears. I like this particular look that i have now - but does it have a name?

I am trying to grow my hair out now and plan on keeping this length and just letting go of a layer each time until it reaches one length.

My hair is normally naturally very wavy and doesnt normally go straight without blowdrying, however lately it has been staying straight by itself ,which is odd esspecially since i have all these layers.

I also dyed my hair a week ago. I tried going platinum blonde but the result was bright orange with loads of platinum single strand highlights. I then tried toning it down by putting on a mahogany colour but it came out dark red with loads of copper highlights. Could all of this colouring with permanent dye have an impact?

And is there anyway i can get the wild curly surfer look????

Please advise
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2000 at 6:31pm
Reply to message: 14.131.1
Hi,

To get a wild mop of curls like Justin`s you either have to have naturally curly hair (and many guys HATE having curly hair) OR you have to get a perm. The only other option is to use rag curlers when you sleep, but there is not guarantee that they curlers will give you super curls like Timberlake. It make only give you loose curls.

Yes, you are right to worry about all the chemicals on your hair. Repeated use of chemicals can have a big impact on hair and can be damaging after repeated use. In some cases extensive chemical treatments MAY cause some hair breakage or loss.

If you want the super curly look and decide that Justin`s look is what you want I would strongly recommend that you let the current hair grow out before taking on a perm, which is also a chemical treatments.

If your hair is naturally straight or even wavy, the only way to get the wild curly surfer look is a perm.

By the way, with wavy hair (I have it myself) the longer it gets the straighter it may become because of the added weight of your hair as it grows.

To go platinum blonde you have to do bleach to remove all darker colors. If you don`t do bleach first there is a high risk or orange or red colors bleeding through, which is what you experienced.

Sorry I don`t have better news about the curly thing but that is the true scoop.

Best wishes,
Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 2:05pm
Reply to message: 14.131.1
Hi I have wild curly hair like justin timberlake and it is horrible. I have been stuck with this ratty freak hair my whole life and I do not wish it upon any person to have hair like mine. But, if you still want to get the "wild surfer hair" you want I advise putting surf wax in your hair. Surf wax can be purchased at any surf shop or maybe even a skate shop. when i surf sometimes the wax gets in my hair and makes it more curly and gives it that "wild surfer look" you want. some brands of surf wax are Mr. Zoggs Sex Wax Sticky Bumps or Mrs. Palmers. have fun
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 1:25am
Reply to message: 14.164.1
Hi Ryan,

Do you find that you have a hard time getting the wax out of your hair? Someone told me it is better to use a paste rather than a wax but I have not personal history with paste. I do know that when I tried several wax products I had a horrible time getting the wax out of my hair.

Thanks for the recommendations above. I am going to look into both brands to see which one might be lighter and easier to remove. Do you have any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
sizrhandz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sizrhandz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 1:08am
If you are looking for "wax" try wax works from Paul Mitchell, it is water soluable and will wash right out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic