Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thick puffy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
G View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick puffy hair
    Posted: July 18 2001 at 2:13pm
When I get out of the shower and brush my hair, then let it dry it becomes very very puffy. like a big puffon. My hair is very thick and I have alot of it. For years I would load it with gel and slick it back. The best results for my hair is when I when I slick it back when wet then put a hat on. It looks the best if I do that and only wash it every few days so it gets a little oil in it. Obviosly this is not what I want to do but I love the look because it lays flat and feels and looks soft and kind just falls. To wash my hair every day I have to put pomade in it then slick it back and wear a hat for a few hours so it stays down. It is such a process.
Is there any thing I can do so when I get out of the shower I can brush my hair and drys and stays flat and soft.
Thank you for your help
G!
Dewayne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2001 at 2:16am
Reply to message: 14.278.1
Whats up G? Im a 20 y/o who has also got very thick hair and i had the same problem as you until a couple of weeks ago. There is something you can do and it is very simple. Something you would never dream of. Just put hand lotion on it. Thats all you have to do. Hope this helps. C-ya
Dewayne
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2001 at 1:49pm
Reply to message: 14.305.1
haha dude, lotion? I thought i was the only one who knew about that ! haha and i also thought i was the only guy doing it. :)
:)
hisashi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hisashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2001 at 11:31pm
hand lotion? wat does it do to your hair and are there any side-effects??
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2001 at 1:54pm
Reply to message: 14.314.1
hell nah, their sno side effects. Its hair dude ! it can grow back. And its just lotion !
:)
DAPompLover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAPompLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 10:14pm
Oh, you guys! I wish I had your problem. LOL!! Lucky you. If I only had such thick hair...I`d NEVER wear a hat. I`d show it off.

I hope yours continues to grow back. Enjoy it. Show it off. Come on!!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2002 at 12:41pm
Cool hand lotion. I never thought of that. But I think it might cause build up???? but no damaged really. A good clarifying shampoo will clear any build up. You know baby oil is also very good to use. :)
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic