Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

motivations for short hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mystique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: motivations for short hair
    Posted: September 22 2004 at 10:05pm
it will, in northern europe countries like norway long hair is comming back for guys and it will be the future hopefully this will come to north america since many people like me face discrimination on getting a job
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 1:16am
Hey! It seems that most girls prefer short hair on a guy, but I don`t agree. Long hair (well-maintained, of course) can look great on a guy...quite sexy, in fact. I think that some guys that have long hair don`t know how to take care of it, which is why quite often you see guys with ratty, nasty-looking long hair...they just don`t realize that long hair needs to be taken care of, and that its not in the least `unmanly` to do so. These days more & more guys are getting concerned about their hair & taking care of it, so maybe long hair will come back in....
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
dapomplover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dapomplover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 10:26pm
Leon,
The guys that don`t say anything about your hair are the ones that like it. AND,
it`s the ones that put you down that really wish they had your kind of hair. SO
enjoy it. Just keep it clean and looking good.
Good luck.
Mick
dapomplover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dapomplover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 10:26pm
Leon,
The guys that don`t say anything about your hair are the ones that like it. AND<
it`s the ones that put you down that really wish they had your kind of hair. SO
enjoy it. Just keep it clean and looking good.
Good luck.
Mick
KorinFox View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KorinFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 7:20pm
Long Hair all the way. I have straight hair that goes past my shoulders about 2-3 inches and I can do many things with it. Some grils like it, some dont, the ones that dont usually have short hair, or are conservative about hair length (gahhh stupid government class). But most of the feminine girls, or the ones with short hair, but miss their long hair, like it. I think the short hair is going slowly out of style, but many males will stick with short hair, so they wont have to mess around with it.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2002 at 11:38am
Mullets again! I must say I don`t find them very pretty myself. They`re so out of
sync. But ultimately, what you like matters not what others say (though it may
be a good idea to listen to what your wife says.) As soon as you described the
style, I understood why so many people didn`t like it (there was a long thread
called "the mullet style for men" I think on the Hair Politics board. Check it out
for fun.) Ever thought about growing ALL the hair on your head long? Just
suggestions.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2002 at 12:51pm
Dear Leon

I am not a fan of the `mullet` purely because I have never seen it look good on any man.
You may be the exception, but anyway, the only thing we human`s truly possess albeit temporarily, is ourselves. You have the right to express and enjoy yourself and live out your full vision of your self and your life. Go ahead and do not let anyone dictate or influence you adversely. They are messing with your self respect - and that is an area that is never up for grabs!!!!
Personally, I love long hair on a man - any man - it makes my knees go weak and does wonderful things to other parts of my anatomy (hehehe).

Take Care

Uzma
Uzi

Dragooney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 9:29pm
I think you should cut your hair off! It looks decent on a young man.
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our life.
----15male View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ----15male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 8:33pm
Leon-You BETTER cut that mullet of yours!
leon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2002 at 12:06pm
I have been growing my hair for the past year and it is amazing the reactions I get from all kinds of people (both positive and negative). In my whole life I think I may have had a coulple of comments on my hair when it was short. Now that it is long my hair is a conversation piece.

I keep the top and sides short and the back it down to my shoulders and wavy. Most women give me compliments on it and say I should keep it long. Older people say cut it off and my kids believe it or not say I should cut it. Guys either say nothing or give some type of sarcastic comment.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ----15male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 11:16pm
I`d never had my hair really short, so I guess I wanted to know what it was like. Boy was that a mistake...All 9 inches of my thick wavy hair got cut off, but it`ll grow back..With time :(

:)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ----15male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 11:15pm
I`d never had my hair really short, so I guess I wanted to know what it was like. Boy was that a mistake...All 9 inches of my thick wavy hair got cut off, but it`ll grow back..With time :(

:)
lib View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2002 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

A huge number of guys these days settle for the "classic" short cut, tapered at the back and sides
from shaven off at the nape to a bit longer. There are even many crewcuts, caesars & buzzcuts out
there? I'd like to see different peoples' reasons for this. Desire to conform? To please a partner?
Genuine personal preference? What?

I wish longer hair on guys would "come back".
Well, while I was living with my parents still, I kept it short because they wanted it short.. and I never could stand the period between short and long. The transition sucks really..

I am growing my hair out because most girls I know suggest I grow it out.. but I know next time I see my mother she`ll offer to pay to have my hair cut. I don`t believe she really prefers short hair, its just that where we emmigrated from its not acceptable for men to have long hair.

I hope I can keep my hair growing for some time.. unfortunately the job I have involves travelling internationally, but we`ll see.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2002 at 11:33pm
Well i have long hair. It goes past my ears and about 3-4 inches from my shoulders. When i style it however i slick it back and gel. (fyi im in high school). For some reason this is highly looked down upon in my social sorroundings. The girls love it but the guys always have some smart remark for it. "You have balls wearing your hair like that." I hear that daily. Over time its starts to get to me. So i ask what is a good style for a "kid." I used to have the short spiky look and then it came i "style" so i tossed it bc i hate being in "style" i like being different. But is it time to go back to the spiky look? Or is there another look i should try out?
xoom!
billybob View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2002 at 6:11pm
I agree with you duke.
I have had too many experiences of barbers cutting my hair too short for my liking, and consequently I have been avoiding them for the past 6 months. Now it`s getting pretty long, and I like it, although I should probably get it trimmed soon for convenience`s sake.
I can appreciate short haircuts and would quite like to wear one, but every time I ask for "just a trim please" it ends up shorter than I can tolerate. So I just let it grow, grow, grow, and yes, I totally agree, there is far too much pressure from society on guys to wear their hair short.
I guess short hair haters just have to take pride in being different from all the other guys, and have faith that in the long run, being part of the minority will pay off.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2002 at 11:44am
The thing that really makes me wonder is why so many men accept that their hair be tapered
with clippers. Why not wear the hair at the back a bit longer than the nape of the neck. It seems
that tapering was expected of men for a ling time since the invention of clippers to the 1960s.
It doesn`t look like anything special, and the stubble at the back, when I had shorter hair, got
on my nerves.
MattJPat99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattJPat99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2002 at 10:46am
I would have to say that maintaining shorter hair is a little easier than having to work with longer hair. Most guys don`t like to mess with it too much before going to work, going out, etc... and short hair just becomes a lot easier solution for them. I tried to grow my hair out a for about six months before giving up. It layed too flat and was too heavy to do anything with. So I cut it off again, but I am anything but a conformist. I am one of those people who has to constantly change my appearance, so coloring my hair is a big part of what makes me `me.` I must say that it`s a lot easier to get rid of an unwanted color by letting it grow a little and then cutting it off than to try to color over it and hope for something that you can live with.

Now on another point, living in the midwest I must say I`ve seen a lot of people who don`t want to fall into either category. They want a little bit of both... and I`m talking about mullets. I`m almost positive that the mullet isn`t chosen for it`s aesthetic appeal, but more for reasons that stem from the high points of short and long hair. Short hair that`s easy to style, and long hair that you can throw around and pull back and whatnot.

I guess the long and short of it comes down to personal preference, but there are the few instances that a person goes to a style to please someone else.
MattJPat
Dan Robb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2002 at 5:25pm
Short all da way suckas! East Coastas mostly have short and not wierd an long hair
Paul G View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2002 at 6:13pm
Long hair - na-ahhh! No way! I need a style for my Short hair, I couldn`t imagine having hair longer than 4cm! lol!
Sash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 2:06pm
LhGuy, Duke:

LOng hair for guys is definitely "In Style" right now.(trust me i`m a model from Storm Agency) Back in 1999 when Ricky Martin was "Livin da vida Loca" --was also the start of that short/ spikey/ bleached hair craze. Today its all about cropped, preppy, shoulder length, smooth sleek hair behind the ears, preppy look thats back in style.

I`m proud to be a Long-haired guy---I find that the more "feminine" chics tend to dig-it more. And super feminine chics are a good thang ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic